Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville losing 2 home games in 2020 to London

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 03:36 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Budget Cuts.  Shad reveals new Lot J planned renovations

Before
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSlzA_R788EsYkbDS7x4...XMsa91EzsK]

After
[Image: service1.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-04-2020, 03:02 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Didn't Mahomes say in a post super bowl interview that he loves playing in London?  Perhaps this could simply be a recruiting tool to get Mahomes to sign with the Jags in a few years.   Also, we know Andy Reid likes cheeseburgers, which are done to perfection in London.  Perhaps we're getting a package deal of Reid and Mahomes in 2022.

Better yet, Mahomes saw a home he liked in London. With home being part of his last name and London having homes, this is all starting to add up.

Duval and Wembley Til We Die, baby!!!!

Good luck attracting free agents when you have to tell them that twice a pay check they will have significantly higher taxes.

This team is so bass ackwards man.

Pretty soon, Jags will have 1 home game in Jacksonville each year, rest in the UK

(02-04-2020, 03:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Good luck attracting free agents when you have to tell them that twice a pay check they will have significantly higher taxes.

This team is so bass ackwards man.

This is the UK equivalent of a Brinks truck. Wonder if we could get Jalen back to show up to camp in one of these bad boys.

[Image: bulletproof-money-truck-belonging-to-glo...241716.jpg]

They must have like 3 bad years of attendance in order to be eligible to move... it was the ONLY reason in my eyes Marrone and Wash were kept. If you didn’t see this coming, wake the [BLEEP] up. If it’s not London it’s going to be somewhere.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 03:51 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-04-2020, 03:37 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: They must have like 3 bad years of attendance in order to be eligible to move... it was the ONLY reason in my eyes Marrone and Wash were kept. If you didn’t see this coming, wake the [BLEEP] up. If it’s not London it’s going to be somewhere.

That's baloney.  He can move it whenever he wants to.  It just might cost him more.  If he wants to move it, he'll move it.

I just can't believe that he had the gall to say that he thought the two games would be received positively here.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I understand that at the end of the day it’s just sports, it doesn’t really matter. But The feeling I’ve had all day today is similar to that of an actual heartbreak.. sinking feeling in my gut. I really don’t wanna lose this team.

There is no NFL following in London.

It's considered a side show. An exhibition. A nothing. Just entertainment and nothing to get excited for... definitely nothing to follow for an entire half a year.

The thing I find odd in all of this is that Shad is essentially being Rogers guinea pig for London yet the Jaguars get zero respect. We get zero "legit" prime time games and the worst ref crews for our games.

(02-04-2020, 03:47 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 03:37 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: They must have like 3 bad years of attendance in order to be eligible to move... it was the ONLY reason in my eyes Marrone and Wash were kept. If you didn’t see this coming, wake the [BLEEP] up. If it’s not London it’s going to be somewhere.

That's baloney.  He can move it whenever he wants to.  It just might cost him more.  If he wants to move it, he'll move it.

I just can't believe that he had the gall to say that he thought the two games would be received positively here.

Is it? I didn't know for sure just something I heard. Either way, don't they need 75% of the owners to agree to the move via vote? IMO it's a hard sell to sell that, no owner (who isn't getting the revenue of the trip) wants his team to play in London then have to fly back. This helps sell the idea by attendance dropping again. 

Anyways the guy is a con. This absolutely does NOTHING to help the team win. Everything is just adding up. 

[Image: EP8pkmiXsAMVXo3?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

(02-04-2020, 12:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Khan said he expects a positive reaction...

This franchise is so clueless.

I just checked the Jacksonville Trends on Twitter.  

London is # 1.

Jags is # 4.

Lot J is # 9.

One thing in particular that's evident yet again is the Jaguars fan base is passionate about the team/ franchise.   

If Shad Khan isn't using deception with his statement,  he's indeed clueless from the standpoint of expecting the reaction to today's news to be positive.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 04:12 PM by Jags239.)

Quote:[font=Times New Roman][font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]Golden Tate
@ShowtimeTate[/font]

[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]Replying to
@RapSheet
[/font]

That sucks for season ticket holders, players, and players families. AMAZING for Jacksonville fans in the UK. #nothanks

Golden Tate one player that's not a fan.

(02-04-2020, 04:11 PM)Jags239 Wrote:
Quote:[font=Times New Roman][font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]Golden Tate
@ShowtimeTate[/font]

[/font]

@RapSheet
[/font]

That sucks for season ticket holders, players, and players families. AMAZING for Jacksonville fans in the UK. #nothanks

In seeing and hearing many of the comments of Golden Tate since the time in 2014 he signed with the Lions as an UFA,  I strongly believe he 'gets it'.  Tate grew to appreciate the tremendous passion of the Lions fan base,  knowing that the fans passion was far greater than what the franchise achieved over many, many decades.  Tate very likely sees that the Jaguars fans have provided much more than the Jaguars have delivered on the field.

(02-04-2020, 03:52 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I understand that at the end of the day it’s just sports, it doesn’t really matter. But The feeling I’ve had all day today is similar to that of an actual heartbreak.. sinking feeling in my gut. I really don’t wanna lose this team.

It's kinda weird.  I've been in a funk since I got the email from the ticket office.  

On one hand I really would miss going to the games.  On the other hand, I'm so damn pissed off I don't know if I want to stand for this bull [BLEEP].  I'm conflicted.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-04-2020, 04:11 PM)Jags239 Wrote:
@ShowtimeTate[/font]

[/font]

@RapSheet
[/font]

I do think it was intentional, and I like how Golden Tate calls them "Jacksonville fans in the UK" and not "UK Jaguars fans" like I've seen most people call them.
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

(02-04-2020, 01:15 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: At first glance, our gut reactions are valid. The team's moving and it's time to raise hell. But let's all be honest with ourselves and about our team. We have sucked for more years than we've been good. Our team revenue struggles when we suck. I think he's just doing what he thinks is best to make money. The problem is they don't truly understand that winning controls all of this. Winning and bringing championships brings the revenue, the national coverage and respect. The problem is that we hire people that don't understand how to win or create a winning team. We keep players that are one year wonders or players we should have let go and push away players that are once in a blue moon type of players or strong contributors to keep the glue of the team.

It doesn't look good, but there's nothing we can do but keep supporting the team. If they don't get the ticket sales, especially now with 2 games overseas, then our team will most definitely move. I would never tell any season ticket holder anything about their willingness to re-up; as you have continued your support throughout the garbage. But if we stop supporting the team, we will most definitely lose our team. So it really comes down to if that is alright or not.  

*sigh* every off season, there's always something...…...

The thoughts you expressed in the 2nd paragraph came to mind on this end when finding out the Jaguars will play two 'home games' in London in the 2020 season.  it's a horrible situation for a fan base of a team to be in.  A classic ' Catch 22' situation.  I'm highly skeptical of Shad Khan's motives.  Yet,  a sharp decrease in season ticket sales will decrease the chances of the Jaguars remaining in Jacksonville long term,  regardless what the chances are at present.

He thinks we're just a bunch of [BLEEP], slack-jawed yokels

(02-04-2020, 02:30 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 02:25 PM)NH3 Wrote: It seem to an temporary move to have back to back games in London. I get the feeling that the upcoming construction will effect some of the games so Mr. Khan decided to go after the revenue in London vs. losing revenew surrounding the J-Lot.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

(02-04-2020, 02:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Dirt bag is such a good verb. Always makes me think of Captain Harris in Police Academy.

Verb?

Tea bag can be a verb...  Same concept maybe?