Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(10-23-2020, 07:16 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 05:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This is a Trumpist echo chamber.

He won. Sorry the debate didn't go how you wanted it to.

I have a feeling that even if Trump loses the election, you will claim he won.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2020, 07:34 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(10-23-2020, 07:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 07:16 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He won. Sorry the debate didn't go how you wanted it to.

I have a feeling that even if Trump loses the election, you will claim he won.

My life will go on without the thought of violence. I can promise you that.

On the other hand, I'll be too busy working with my accountant trying to find ways to avoid Biden's middle class slaughtering tax plan. A lot of uninformed people are going to be really disappointed in April 2022 when they forget to adjust their W-4 and realize they owe Uncle Sam when it used to be a refund.

(10-23-2020, 07:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 07:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I have a feeling that even if Trump loses the election, you will claim he won.

My life will go on without the thought of violence. I can promise you that.

On the other hand, I'll be too busy working with my accountant trying to find ways to avoid Biden's middle class slaughtering tax plan. A lot of uninformed people are going to be really disappointed in April 2022 when they forget to adjust their W-4 and realize they owe Uncle Sam when it used to be a refund.

My understanding is that Biden is proposing a middle class tax cut.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2020, 08:07 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(10-23-2020, 08:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 07:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: My life will go on without the thought of violence. I can promise you that.

My understanding is that Biden is proposing a middle class tax cut.

Biden said day one he will repeal Trumps tax cut, which will cut the increased $2,000 child credit in half. On paper, this isn't "raising taxes".  Biden would also reinstate the individual mandate for Bidencare. Again, on paper this isn't "raising taxes". Biden also supports a carbon tax which would crush people at the pump. Again, on paper this isn't "raising taxes".

If Joe Biden becomes president, you will have less money in your pocket.That is a fact.

(10-23-2020, 08:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 08:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: My understanding is that Biden is proposing a middle class tax cut.

Biden said day one he will repeal Trumps tax cut, which will cut the increased $2,000 child credit in half. On paper, this isn't "raising taxes".  Biden would also reinstate the individual mandate for Bidencare. Again, on paper this isn't "raising taxes". Biden also supports a carbon tax which would crush people at the pump. Again, on paper this isn't "raising taxes".

If Joe Biden becomes president, you will have less money in your pocket.That is a fact.
401k will probably go away also, not to mention losing value.

$6,500 reduction in money per family is real and may not be enough.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(10-22-2020, 11:12 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: The stumbling, bumbling Biden lost this one.

I’m not sure how many times the moderator interrupted but she let Biden have free reigns in response times and didn’t hit him with a single follow up question.

Once again, a moderator who couldn't or wouldn't ask the tough questions.  Trump wasn't bright enough to follow up on it either.  When speaking about the covid response, Biden said he would have a "national strategy" to the reopening of the schools!

Question; "Mr. Biden, there are thousands of school districts throughout the country, at municipal, county and state levels, with tremendous differences in school size, physical characteristics and covid infection rates.  Won't your "national strategy" take control over decisions about in-class learning, bussing, meals and  extracurricular activities away from those districts and give it to the federal government? "
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-23-2020, 08:20 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 08:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Biden said day one he will repeal Trumps tax cut, which will cut the increased $2,000 child credit in half. On paper, this isn't "raising taxes".  Biden would also reinstate the individual mandate for Bidencare. Again, on paper this isn't "raising taxes". Biden also supports a carbon tax which would crush people at the pump. Again, on paper this isn't "raising taxes".

401k will probably go away also, not to mention losing value.

$6,500 reduction in money per family is real and may not be enough.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ya know.... I could never fathom how people would openly refuse to admit they benefited from Trump's tax plan. I personally started taking home an additional $200 per pay period when it went into effect and I don't make close to over 400K a year.

To be in a position where you would sacrifice your families financial livelihood because you don't like the president is something I could never quite grasp.

(10-23-2020, 08:23 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 11:12 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: The stumbling, bumbling Biden lost this one.

I’m not sure how many times the moderator interrupted but she let Biden have free reigns in response times and didn’t hit him with a single follow up question.

Once again, a moderator who couldn't or wouldn't ask the tough questions.  Trump wasn't bright enough to follow up on it either.  When speaking about the covid response, Biden said he would have a "national strategy" to the reopening of the schools!

Question; "Mr. Biden, there are thousands of school districts throughout the country, at municipal, county and state levels, with tremendous differences in school size, physical characteristics and covid infection rates.  Won't Your "national strategy" would take control over decisions about in-class learning, bussing, meals and extracurricular activities away from those districts and give it to the federal government, what the hell gives you the right and authority to assume so much local control? "

How I would ask it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Creepy joe- "It's going to be a long, dark winter" Next breath, "We will choose hope over fear" What a creepy clown.

Trump- " We are going to recover, we are going to open up"

Which America do you hope for?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-23-2020, 09:02 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Creepy joe- "It's going to be a long,  dark winter" Next breath, "We will choose hope over fear" What a creepy clown.

An America with more superspreader events, of course!
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2020, 04:36 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(10-23-2020, 04:16 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 09:02 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Creepy joe- "It's going to be a long,  dark winter" Next breath, "We will choose hope over fear" What a creepy clown.

Like womens marches and riots? I agree. They need to stop those.

(10-23-2020, 04:16 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:

Sure as hell beats the alternative.. No jobs, no economy, no freedom..

(10-23-2020, 04:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 04:16 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: An America with more superspreader events, of course!

Like womens marches and riots? I agree. They need to stop those.

Like Trump rallies where no one wears masks and no one social distances.

(10-23-2020, 04:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 04:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Like womens marches and riots? I agree. They need to stop those.

I am curious O-Line, what is the end game for you?  When will it be ok to come outside again?  When there are zero cases?  When there is a vaccine?  When everyone gets tested?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2020, 05:40 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(10-23-2020, 04:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Like womens marches and riots? I agree. They need to stop those.

Tuen on the TV and let me know whom at a Trump rally isnt wearing a mask.

(10-23-2020, 05:16 PM)copycat Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 04:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Like Trump rallies where no one wears masks and no one social distances.

I am curious O-Line, what is the end game for you?  When will it be ok to come outside again?  When there are zero cases?  When there is a vaccine?  When everyone gets tested?

When Lord Tony tells him it's ok. Then tells him it's not OK a day later.

A storms a brewin’

(10-23-2020, 05:16 PM)copycat Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 04:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Like Trump rallies where no one wears masks and no one social distances.

I'm outside all the time. My life hasn't changed much at all, since the epidemic hit. I live in a very rural area of Ohio. I have 10 acres of woods, a pond and no neighbors living on top of me. It's heaven. I didn't leave the house much before and I still don't. I don't really like being around people I don't know and I have everything I need at home. Why leave? There are a lot of people who go "stir crazy" if they aren't out socializing and being around people 24/7. That just isn't me. I'm perfectly happy being at home.

Hey guys. Been an odd election campaign this year but still enjoy watching from afar.

While I'm not a Trump fan, I don't think hes as bad that some make him out to be but Clinton and Biden feel the flip side of that coin. Dont really envy either of your choices.

I thought it may seem closer but you guys don't usually vote a president out after one term, they usually get 8 years even if they arent massively popular ( Bush).

I still think Trump will get his second term, I don't know how many people want Biden rather than not Trump.

(10-23-2020, 08:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 05:16 PM)copycat Wrote: I am curious O-Line, what is the end game for you?  When will it be ok to come outside again?  When there are zero cases?  When there is a vaccine?  When everyone gets tested?

I'm outside all the time. My life hasn't changed much at all, since the epidemic hit. I live in a very rural area of Ohio. I have 10 acres of woods, a pond and no neighbors living on top of me. It's heaven. I didn't leave the house much before and I still don't. I don't really like being around people I don't know and I have everything I need at home. Why leave? There are a lot of people who go "stir crazy" if they aren't out socializing and being around people 24/7. That just isn't me. I'm perfectly happy being at home.

Sounds like we should be expecting a manifesto from you one of these days.

(10-24-2020, 09:23 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hey guys. Been an odd election campaign this year but still enjoy watching from afar.

While I'm not a Trump fan, I don't think hes as bad that some make him out to be but Clinton and Biden feel the flip side of that coin. Dont really envy either of your choices.

I thought it may seem closer but you guys don't usually vote a president out after one term, they usually get 8 years even if they arent massively popular ( Bush).

I still think Trump will get his second term, I don't know how many people want Biden rather than not Trump.

Most anti-Trumpers thought anyone would be better than Trump, then the Dems went all "Hold my beer and watch this" and changed their minds.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We must not tell lies, Dolores