Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(11-05-2020, 02:19 PM)The Drifter Wrote: It ain't over until the Fat Lady Sings

No need to drag Mike's wife into this.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-05-2020, 02:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 02:19 PM)The Drifter Wrote: It ain't over until the Fat Lady Sings

No need to drag Mike's wife into this.

Your mom says she taught you better than that.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 02:48 PM by jaglyn.)

(11-05-2020, 02:19 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 02:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Here's an interesting question- Fox News and the AP so far are the only people to call Arizona for Biden.  

Truth is, Fox never should have called AZ for Biden.  But they did, and they have not so far taken it back.  

If Nevada finishes their count, and everyone, including Fox, calls Nevada for Biden, that would put the Fox News electoral count for Biden at 270!   So the question is, will Fox be forced to declare Biden the President-elect at that point?

Fox can't wait to declare Biden the winner. Haven't you been paying attention?

Fox probably had better ratings when they were in attack-mode, as opposed to cheerleader-mode.

They can't wait to get the Biden-era started

(11-05-2020, 02:47 PM)jaglyn Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 02:19 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Fox can't wait to declare Biden the winner. Haven't you been paying attention?

Fox probably had better ratings when they were in attack-mode, as opposed to cheerleader-mode.

They will still rely on Trumps indirect involvement go drive ratings.  I won't be shocked to see a massive turnover in talent after the election.

(11-05-2020, 03:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 02:47 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Fox probably had better ratings when they were in attack-mode, as opposed to cheerleader-mode.

They will still rely on Trumps indirect involvement go drive ratings.  I won't be shocked to see a massive turnover in talent after the election.

Where ever Jillian winds up I will watch her.  ?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Any constitutional scholars in here who can enlighten us on what power the Federal Gov't wields when a state has shown the inability to produce a fair election?

I think the "dead voter" issue is finally going to be brought to light and it isn't going to be pretty.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 03:08 PM by JackCity.)

https://twitter.com/mo87mo87/status/1324...04192?s=19

I believe this is called "clutching at straws"

(11-05-2020, 12:51 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 12:11 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Dudes, why are we still using paper, people, snail mail.  if we used the internet and your phone/pc/laptop to vote we'd know the results on Wednesday night.   This is so special ed.

You are joking, right? You've never had a fraudulent charge from your bank or a credit card? Or been hacked by a skimmer at a gas station? If not, you've been awfully lucky. As a Computer/Software engineering consultant, i'm pretty certain hackers would be able to impact the security of our election systems if they were on the internet. Or did you forget 2016, where Russians were allegedly influencing our electoral process via the internet?  https:// doesn't always guarantee security.

Why people in PA be lazy to go to their polling station and stick the piece of paper in the gray machine.   Come on now.  Stop being lazy.

(11-05-2020, 03:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/mo87mo87/status/1324...04192?s=19

I believe there are several states they are seeking legal action against and not all have stopped counting so be more specific.

Wisconsin showed a near-90% registered voter turnout when the average turnout is 70%.

Democrats in Georgia, since 2000, average 1.6M voters with an average 44.52% of the voters. Obama's historic 2008 election hit 1.8M and he still lost the State. Creepy Uncle Joe, who only visited once a couple days before, was capable of hitting 2.4M and 25% higher than 2016. I remember going into homes in poor areas and seeing framed Obama pictures on the walls. Obama had a lot of support in Georgia compared to other Democrats and even he couldn't break 2M. I work in the most liberal part of Georgia, and I live in a fairly liberal area too. It's anecdotal but you almost never see Biden signs, and I'd guess there's probably a 10-to-1 Trump to Biden sign ratio. I simply do not see the support for Biden. If what we were seeing only happened in one or two States... sure.

But I don't understand how Trump can do better in most red states, a lot of blue states (New York, Illinois, etc.), and then do significantly worse in swing states.

(11-05-2020, 03:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 03:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/mo87mo87/status/1324...04192?s=19

I believe there are several states they are seeking legal action against and not all have stopped counting so be more specific.

Be more specific about what?

It hasn't been this crazy since they hung that guy Chad. RIP Chad.

Seems to me like every state is delaying so the other can finalize their results to put Biden at or over 270. The state that does that will be the high profile state whereas the others that follow will be scrutinized in a lesser manner by the GOP.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 04:50 PM by JaguarKick.)

(11-05-2020, 03:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Any constitutional scholars in here who can enlighten us on what power the Federal Gov't wields when a state has shown the inability to produce a fair election?

I think the "dead voter" issue is finally going to be brought to light and it isn't going to be pretty.

So like, when Trump loses, what will you base your entire identity on?

(11-05-2020, 03:30 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Wisconsin showed a near-90% registered voter turnout when the average turnout is 70%.

Democrats in Georgia, since 2000, average 1.6M voters with an average 44.52% of the voters. Obama's historic 2008 election hit 1.8M and he still lost the State. Creepy Uncle Joe, who only visited once a couple days before, was capable of hitting 2.4M and 25% higher than 2016. I remember going into homes in poor areas and seeing framed Obama pictures on the walls. Obama had a lot of support in Georgia compared to other Democrats and even he couldn't break 2M. I work in the most liberal part of Georgia, and I live in a fairly liberal area too. It's anecdotal but you almost never see Biden signs, and I'd guess there's probably a 10-to-1 Trump to Biden sign ratio. I simply do not see the support for Biden. If what we were seeing only happened in one or two States... sure.

But I don't understand how Trump can do better in most red states, a lot of blue states (New York, Illinois, etc.), and then do significantly worse in swing states.

Seems like it's the same thing that happened in 2016 only reversed, no?

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 05:02 PM by mikesez.)

(11-05-2020, 03:30 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: But I don't understand how Trump can do better in most red states, a lot of blue states (New York, Illinois, etc.), and then do significantly worse in swing states.

The electoral college can give, and she can take away.

(11-05-2020, 03:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Any constitutional scholars in here who can enlighten us on what power the Federal Gov't wields when a state has shown the inability to produce a fair election?

You need to read title 3 of the US code.  Sections 1 thru 14 set it up, section 15 is the action.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-05-2020, 04:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Seems to me like every state is delaying so the other can finalize their results to put Biden at or over 270.  The state that does that will be the high profile state whereas the others that follow will be scrutinized in a lesser manner by the GOP.

I saw a perfect analogy on Twitter earlier...

"When I used to cheat in high school on a test, I made sure I didn't get an A+. That would have drawn attention to myself".

It might be all over tonight. PA is saying they may finish the counting tonight.

(11-05-2020, 05:28 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: It might be all over tonight.  PA is saying they may finish the counting tonight.

It isn't "over" by a long shot. Even if they announce its "over".

(11-05-2020, 05:28 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: It might be all over tonight.  PA is saying they may finish the counting tonight.

I think it's pretty much already over.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2F1389blog.com%2Fpix%2Fsta...f=1&nofb=1]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 05:38 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-05-2020, 05:34 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I think it's pretty much already over.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2F1389blog.com%2Fpix%2Fsta...f=1&nofb=1]

Always interesting to hear your opinions. Where do we go from here? Are these mail-in shenanigans our new reality? Will there be some "event" every 4 years that justifies mail-in voting? If we accept what is happening, will there ever be another Republican president?

Another interesting thing to keep an eye on is which GOP members are fighting right now and who is sitting on their hands? This will certainly be used as leverage against these people in future elections when it comes to Trump supporters.