Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(11-20-2020, 11:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 02:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I have no clue what is going to actually happen. But I also don’t have a problem with letting it happen. If you think this is how it’s going to go down, why do you think so many on your side are grumbling moaning and complaining about it happening? It isn’t about the integrity of elections, or they’d never have backed Gore fighting it in 2000, or went all Russia, Russia Russia after the last election. 

And if it really is just a big money grab for him and they have nothing, seems to me the best thing that could happen would be to let it play out then everyone can see it and then politics could go back to how it was before he showed up.

It is about the "integrity of elections".  You just don't understand what those words mean.  Gore conceded after he lost his case for extra recounts.  Hillary conceded and said Trump deserved a chance to lead regardless of if he had colluded with Russia or not. Neither of them asked state legislatures to just ignore the voters and help the Republican. This is different.

So it’s okay to spend four years claiming someone cheated and go about trying to prove it every which way possible because that has no affect on the integrity of elections.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-20-2020, 11:44 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 11:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: It is about the "integrity of elections".  You just don't understand what those words mean.  Gore conceded after he lost his case for extra recounts.  Hillary conceded and said Trump deserved a chance to lead regardless of if he had colluded with Russia or not. Neither of them asked state legislatures to just ignore the voters and help the Republican. This is different.

So it’s okay to spend four years claiming someone cheated and go about trying to prove it every which way possible because that has no affect on the integrity of elections.

Hillary agreed that more people in PA, MI, and WI had voted for Trump.  She did not beg the state legislatures there to change or ignore that result.
When they finally impeached Trump, it wasn't to make Hillary president.  It was to make Pence President.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-21-2020, 08:53 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 11:44 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: So it’s okay to spend four years claiming someone cheated and go about trying to prove it every which way possible because that has no affect on the integrity of elections.

Hillary agreed that more people in PA, MI, and WI had voted for Trump.  She did not beg the state legislatures there to change or ignore that result.
When they finally impeached Trump, it wasn't to make Hillary president.  It was to make Pence President.

Cuz Hillary was the only person claiming he cheated. What is really impressive is that she was able to impeach him when not even holding any kind of public office at the time. Those crafty Clintons!

(11-21-2020, 12:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 08:53 AM)mikesez Wrote: Hillary agreed that more people in PA, MI, and WI had voted for Trump.  She did not beg the state legislatures there to change or ignore that result.

Cuz Hillary was the only person claiming he cheated. What is really impressive is that she was able to impeach him when not even holding any kind of public office at the time. Those crafty Clintons!

Fine.  Let's try this:

Every Single Democrat agreed that more people in PA, MI, and WI had voted for Trump. They did not beg the state legislatures there to change or ignore that result.
When they finally impeached Trump, it wasn't to make Any Democrat president. It was to make Pence President.

(11-21-2020, 12:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 12:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Cuz Hillary was the only person claiming he cheated. What is really impressive is that she was able to impeach him when not even holding any kind of public office at the time. Those crafty Clintons!

Fine.  Let's try this:

Every Single Democrat agreed that more people in PA, MI, and WI had voted for Trump. They did not beg the state legislatures there to change or ignore that result.
When they finally impeached Trump, it wasn't to make Any Democrat president. It was to make Pence President.

Who it made the president is besides to point. Just like the calls for unity after four years of anything but, you don’t get to claim RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA and then think we should worry about the integrity of the election now. You don’t get to have it both ways, sorry.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 01:24 PM by mikesez.)

(11-21-2020, 12:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 12:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: Fine.  Let's try this:

Who it made the president is besides to point. Just like the calls for unity after four years of anything but, you don’t get to claim RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA and then think we should worry about the integrity of the election now. You don’t get to have it both ways, sorry.

You can bring a horse to facts, but you can't make her understand.
You're smarter than this.
Some part of your personality is telling you to not engage with it, though.
The allegation that Trump colluded with Russia amounted to a campaign finance violation. Even if proven, it could not have changed the result of the 2016 election. Even if proven, it would still have been up to the House to impeach and the Senate to convict.
This is basic civics. I know you took it.
Trump today is trying to allege that he won more votes in PA, AZ, and other states. Very, very different from anything any other candidate for President has ever done since 1876

(11-21-2020, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 12:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Who it made the president is besides to point. Just like the calls for unity after four years of anything but, you don’t get to claim RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA and then think we should worry about the integrity of the election now. You don’t get to have it both ways, sorry.

The allegation that Trump colluded with Russia amounted to a campaign finance violation.  Even if proven, it could not have changed the result of the 2016 election.  Even if proven, it would still have been up to the House to impeach and the Senate to convict.
This is basic civics.  I know you took it.
Trump today is trying to allege that he won more votes in PA, AZ, and other states.  Very, very different from anything any other candidate for President has ever done since 1876

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7667589]
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-21-2020, 08:53 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 11:44 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: So it’s okay to spend four years claiming someone cheated and go about trying to prove it every which way possible because that has no affect on the integrity of elections.

She knew she didn't win and conceded early because the algorithms couldn't keep up with the Trump turn out. They thought they had it in the bag, they had no backup plan. This time there was a backup plan with mail-in votes and they all stopped counting to give enough time to manufacture those ballots.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(11-21-2020, 02:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 08:53 AM)mikesez Wrote: Hillary agreed that more people in PA, MI, and WI had voted for Trump.  She did not beg the state legislatures there to change or ignore that result.
She knew she didn't win and conceded early because the algorithms couldn't keep up with the Trump turn out. They thought they had it in the bag, they had no backup plan. This time there was a backup plan with mail-in votes and they all stopped counting to give enough time to manufacture those ballots.

QAnon logic... very strong argument!
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-21-2020, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 12:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Who it made the president is besides to point. Just like the calls for unity after four years of anything but, you don’t get to claim RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA and then think we should worry about the integrity of the election now. You don’t get to have it both ways, sorry.

The allegation that Trump colluded with Russia amounted to a campaign finance violation.  Even if proven, it could not have changed the result of the 2016 election.  Even if proven, it would still have been up to the House to impeach and the Senate to convict.
Trump today is trying to allege that he won more votes in PA, AZ, and other states.  Very, very different from anything any other candidate for President has ever done since 1876

More ad hominem attacks from you...how original. 

Your argument was about election integrity, not if the president was or will be replaced. Repeated claims of colluding with a foreign government to steal an election impacted the integrity of that election, no matter what the end result turned out to be.

(11-21-2020, 03:17 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 02:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote: She knew she didn't win and conceded early because the algorithms couldn't keep up with the Trump turn out. They thought they had it in the bag, they had no backup plan. This time there was a backup plan with mail-in votes and they all stopped counting to give enough time to manufacture those ballots.

QAnon logic... very strong argument!
Honestly I have no clue where to go to get q info or even who their members are.

This cheating didn't start this year. Trump knew it was happening and set up the EO. You can hide your eyes all you want, but it is being exposed.

(11-21-2020, 03:45 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: You can bring a horse to facts, but you can't make her understand.

Your argument was about election integrity, not if the president was or will be replaced. Repeated claims of colluding with a foreign government to steal an election impacted the integrity of that election, no matter what the end result turned out to be.

You're smart enough to know that wasn't ad hominem.  My only mention of you as a person was positive.  An ad hominem argument would have said something negative about you.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 05:34 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-21-2020, 03:58 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 03:17 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: QAnon logic... very strong argument!
Honestly I have no clue where to go to get q info or even who their members are.

This cheating didn't start this year. Trump knew it was happening and set up the EO. You can hide your eyes all you want, but it is being exposed.

SHEEP (dfn) - a person who blindly follows an ideology or a belief that is based in faith of the preacher, rather than the content of the message

My eyes are wide open... where is your proof, Little Bo Peep?  Do you have access to Rudy's "evidence" that he's not letting anyone else see?  Including the judges in court where Trump-supported election legal cases currently have a record of 1-31?  Please open my eyes with all of your proof.

(11-21-2020, 03:45 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: You can bring a horse to facts, but you can't make her understand.

Not seeing any ad hominem attack there... sorry Mod.

There are different degrees of election integrity.  There is a significant difference between claims that a campaign colluded with a foreign entity to illegally influence voters versus claims that the actual voting process was fraudulent and intentionally changed the will of the people.  You have to be able to see the difference. One is claiming unethical and illegal behavior in changing the hearts and minds of the electorate; the other is intentionally tearing down the fabric of the democratic process... with no proof.

(11-21-2020, 05:14 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 03:58 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Honestly I have no clue where to go to get q info or even who their members are.

SHEEP (dfn) - a person who blindly follows an ideology or a belief that is based in faith of the preacher, rather than the content of the message

My eyes are wide open... where is your proof, Little Bo Peep?  Do you have access to Rudy's "evidence" that he's not letting anyone else see?  Including the judges in court where Trump-supported election legal cases currently have a record of 1-31?  Please open my eyes with all of your proof.

(11-21-2020, 03:45 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: More ad hominem attacks from you...how original. 

There are different degrees of election integrity.  There is a significant difference between claims that a campaign colluded with a foreign entity to illegally influence voters versus claims that the actual voting process was fraudulent and intentionally changed the will of the people.  You have to be able to see the difference. One is claiming unethical and illegal behavior in changing the hearts and minds of the electorate; the other is intentionally tearing down the fabric of the democratic process... with no proof.

And yet, at the end of the day, they both affect the integrity of the election. I mean there’s a difference between making out with another woman, and full on sleeping with one, but I bet both would have an affect on the integrity of your marriage.

(11-21-2020, 05:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I mean there’s a difference between making out with another woman, and full on sleeping with one, but I bet both would have an affect on the integrity of your marriage.

Anyone else get mildly aroused when BB busted out wit da sexy talk?   Tongue
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

That’s considered “sexy talk”?

Hmmm. Okay then.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 09:54 PM by mikesez.)

(11-21-2020, 05:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 05:14 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: SHEEP (dfn) - a person who blindly follows an ideology or a belief that is based in faith of the preacher, rather than the content of the message

And yet, at the end of the day, they both affect the integrity of the election. I mean there’s a difference between making out with another woman, and full on sleeping with one, but I bet both would have an affect on the integrity of your marriage.

The election is the process of figuring out who can vote, who they can vote for, where they vote, how to count the votes, and counting them.
Russia did not interfere with any of that.
The campaign is all the other stuff where the candidates do their song and dance for votes.  
Russia did interfere with that.  
To use your metaphor, yes, Trump's current path is to the integrity of marriage as sleeping with another woman.
Investigating ties between Trump's 2016 campaign and Russia was to the integrity of marriage as having lunch with a friend and the friend says, "I'm not sure, dude, she's probably not cheating on you, but it looks like she's got some shady business deals.."

(11-21-2020, 09:31 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 05:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I mean there’s a difference between making out with another woman, and full on sleeping with one, but I bet both would have an affect on the integrity of your marriage.

Anyone else get mildly aroused when BB busted out wit da sexy talk?   Tongue

It’s been a while for you, hasn’t it?

(11-21-2020, 09:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 05:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: And yet, at the end of the day, they both affect the integrity of the election. I mean there’s a difference between making out with another woman, and full on sleeping with one, but I bet both would have an affect on the integrity of your marriage.

The election is the process of figuring out who can vote, who they can vote for, where they vote, how to count the votes, and counting them.
Russia did not interfere with any of that.
The campaign is all the other stuff where the candidates do their song and dance for votes.  
Russia did interfere with that.  
To use your metaphor, yes, Trump's current path is to the integrity of marriage as sleeping with another woman.
Investigating ties between Trump's 2016 campaign and Russia was to the integrity of marriage as having lunch with a friend and the friend says, "I'm not sure, dude, she's probably not cheating on you, but it looks like she's got some shady business deals.."

You can try to get as technical with the definition of election all you want, but we both know that for four years it’s been nothing but Russia’s interference with our ELECTION, not the Russian interference into the campaign.