Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 10:52 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-21-2020, 07:55 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/rossgarber/status/13...97473?s=19

That is BRUTAL.  But typical of each and every case the Trump campaign has brought to election court.  They get completely embarrassed there.  But our Mod believes Rudy "because he said so on Fox News" with his hair dye dripping in his mouth!  LMAO

Laughing

Lucky2Last won't respond to me anymore because I have been taking his lunch money, but even him and his "statistical anomalies" have to admit they got kicked in the teeth AGAIN today in court... even by another Republican judge.

Where's the Grumpy old man StroudCrowd at? Wake up old man!!!
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 10:29 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-21-2020, 10:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 09:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: The election is the process of figuring out who can vote, who they can vote for, where they vote, how to count the votes, and counting them.
Russia did not interfere with any of that.
The campaign is all the other stuff where the candidates do their song and dance for votes.  
Russia did interfere with that.  
To use your metaphor, yes, Trump's current path is to the integrity of marriage as sleeping with another woman.
Investigating ties between Trump's 2016 campaign and Russia was to the integrity of marriage as having lunch with a friend and the friend says, "I'm not sure, dude, she's probably not cheating on you, but it looks like she's got some shady business deals.."

You can try to get as technical with the definition of election all you want, but we both know that for four years it’s been nothing but Russia’s interference with our ELECTION, not the Russian interference into the campaign.

Wrong. Interfering with public perception of the candidates while collaborating with a foreign entity is bad, and that was proven in the Mueller Report. Claiming voter fraud when it is unsubstantiated is beginning to unravel the foundations of democracy itself and is a whole different animal that puts the country in serious jeopardy. I would think that is simple to understand, but apparently it is not for some. Trump is literally planting seeds of doubt in the American democratic process with ZERO PROOF and placing the Republic at serious risk. You understand the Roman Empire fell as well, when that seemed impossible at the time... correct?
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-21-2020, 05:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:  I mean there’s a difference between making out with another woman, and full on sleeping with one, but I bet both would have an affect on the integrity of your marriage.

The difference may depend on who's doing it.  Husband with another woman, wife wants it to stop.  Wife with another woman, husband wants to watch.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 10:30 PM by mikesez.)

(11-21-2020, 10:14 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 10:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You can try to get as technical with the definition of election all you want, but we both know that for four years it’s been nothing but Russia’s interference with our ELECTION, not the Russian interference into the campaign.

Wrong.  Interfering with public perception of the candidates while collaborating with a foreign entity is bad, and that was proven in the Mueller Report.  Claiming voter fraud when it is unsubstantiated is beginning to unravel the foundations of democracy itself and is a whole different animal that puts the country in serious jeopardy.  I would think that is simple to understand, but apparently it is not.  Trump is literally planting seeds of doubt in the American democratic process with ZERO PROOF and placing the Republic at serious risk.  You understand the Roman Empire fell as well, when that seemed impossible at the time... correct?

Upton Sinclair, updated:
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary perception of his own social status depends upon his not understanding it."
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 10:38 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-21-2020, 10:30 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 10:14 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Wrong.  Interfering with public perception of the candidates while collaborating with a foreign entity is bad, and that was proven in the Mueller Report.  Claiming voter fraud when it is unsubstantiated is beginning to unravel the foundations of democracy itself and is a whole different animal that puts the country in serious jeopardy.  I would think that is simple to understand, but apparently it is not.  Trump is literally planting seeds of doubt in the American democratic process with ZERO PROOF and placing the Republic at serious risk.  You understand the Roman Empire fell as well, when that seemed impossible at the time... correct?

Upton Sinclair, updated:
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary perception of his own social status depends upon his not understanding it."

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

In other words, its much easier to get someone into the Trump Cult than to get them out.

"Is anybody out there? It feels like I'm talking to myself. No one seems to know my struggle, and everything I've come from. Can anybody hear me? Yeah, I guess I keep talking to myself. It feels like I'm going insane, am I the one whose crazy?" - Marshall Mathers
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://www.theblaze.com/amp/joe-biden-r...ssion=true

Welcome to the Biden presidency, where even the most logical question that impacts millions of people gets the early onset dementia shouting response.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 10:12 AM by mikesez.)

(11-22-2020, 09:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.theblaze.com/amp/joe-biden-r...ssion=true

Welcome to the Biden presidency,  where even the most logical question that impacts millions of people gets the early onset dementia shouting response.

A few months ago, the press secretary came out, announced that she wasn't going to answer any questions today, and demanded that instead the press first answer questions from her, and first run stories on the topics that were important to her, and then she would answer their questions. She stated her questions and topics, then said that was their homework, and left.

What Biden just did is tame and respectful, compared to that.

I mean, I thought you guys liked it when politicians put down the press.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I am of two minds as a non trump voter who would prefer him to Biden:

One, I believe Biden won. Trump's first win was flukish and the pure hatred for the guy since is plenty of motivation for the electoral resuts we see.

Two, Trump has a strong following, this election was strange in its circumstances, and there's enough procedural and statistical oddities to believe something shady happened.

I'm glad he's not conceding until everything is properly examined. Once that's done or the USSC rules then we move on.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-22-2020, 10:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I am of two minds as a non trump voter who would prefer him to Biden:

One, I believe Biden won. Trump's first win was flukish and the pure hatred for the guy since is plenty of motivation for the electoral resuts we see.

Two, Trump has a strong following, this election was strange in its circumstances, and there's enough procedural and statistical oddities to believe something shady happened.

I'm glad he's not conceding until everything is properly examined. Once that's done or the USSC rules then we move on.

Yep. They are there for a reason.  Not sure why people have such am issue letting this play out.

(11-22-2020, 10:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I am of two minds as a non trump voter who would prefer him to Biden:

This election was a referendum against Trump, not for Biden. The multitudes of ballots only marked for Biden and no one else is testament to how folks like Stacey Abrams was able to marshal the one-time anti-Trump voters. 

Biden's election may prove fortuitous for Republicans. The far left want a piece of Biden's election. If he gives it to them the rift in the party will grow wider and drive more people to either forego voting in the next election, or to the Republicans. If he doesn't we will witness continuous bitter infighting. 

Either way, the MSM will have its work cut out trying to present a unified message for the democrats. Especially after successful midterm elections for Republicans when there will no longer be an anti-Trump referendum to turn out disinterested voters.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 11:27 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-22-2020, 10:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Yep. They are there for a reason.  Not sure why people have such am issue letting this play out.

I love playing it out... the public shame from the comments of all the judges hearing the crazy, baseless arguments are nothing but pure entertainment!  Its making his simple-minded cult of followers look more ridiculous every day.  Keep it going!

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 11:33 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-22-2020, 11:26 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 10:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yep. They are there for a reason.  Not sure why people have such am issue letting this play out.

I love playing it out... the public shame from the comments of all the judges hearing the crazy, baseless arguments are nothing but pure entertainment!  Its making his simple-minded cult of followers look more ridiculous every day.  Keep it going!

Public shame from an Obama appointed judge in a notoriously corrupt city. Oh, the shame!

You are scared of this getting to the big boy court with Trump appointed judges.

Ding, fries are done.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 12:20 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-22-2020, 11:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

This election was a referendum against Trump, not for Biden. The multitudes of ballots only marked for Biden and no one else is testament to how folks like Stacey Abrams was able to marshal the one-time anti-Trump voters. 

Biden's election may prove fortuitous for Republicans. The far left want a piece of Biden's election. If he gives it to them the rift in the party will grow wider and drive more people to either forego voting in the next election, or to the Republicans. If he doesn't we will witness continuous bitter infighting. 

Either way, the MSM will have its work cut out trying to present a unified message for the democrats. Especially after successful midterm elections for Republicans when there will no longer be an anti-Trump referendum to turn out disinterested voters.

I actually agree with you homebiscuit.  And if Biden moves the party left, it will be an opportunity for Republicans in 2024, depending on what the Republican party looks like then.  The challenge of the two-party system is that you have to play to the extremists on either side to win the nomination, then transform into a centrist to win the swing voters in the presidential election.  Trump was more extreme than Biden (not necessarily in ideology, but in lack of character) this election and had no appeal of moderation whatsoever, and he lost.  I think the country is fatigued from the extremists on both sides, and both parties will be better served with more moderate approaches in the future.

(11-22-2020, 11:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:26 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I love playing it out... the public shame from the comments of all the judges hearing the crazy, baseless arguments are nothing but pure entertainment!  Its making his simple-minded cult of followers look more ridiculous every day.  Keep it going!

Public shame from an Obama appointed judge in a notoriously corrupt city. Oh, the shame!

You are scared of this getting to the big boy court with Trump appointed judges.

Ding, fries are done.

A lifelong REPUBLICAN judge.  Think it through before you type, Old Man Stroud.

I'd love it to get to the SCOTUS... bigger stage for the public SHAME! Unfortunately, it will never get to that level.

[Image: 200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47sv7c9v59v2x2iaemar...=200w.webp]

I somewhat agree with you.

To your first point, I have a hard time believing that many people "settled for" Biden, especially with Harris as his running mate even if it's "anybody but Trump".

Regarding your second point, I agree totally.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-22-2020, 12:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

To your first point, I have a hard time believing that many people "settled for" Biden, especially with Harris as his running mate even if it's "anybody but Trump".

This is where I am, as well. I was also leaning towards Homebiscuit's point about this being a referendum on Trump until I realized most of the down ballot issues came only in the swing states. Biden underperformed Hillary in all but 5 cities, which happened to be in democratically controlled counties in swing states. There is definitely something shady in this election. Whether or not Trump's team can prove it, that's a different story. I have never thought Giuliani was making a strong case. Powell's claims, on the other hand, are almost so over-the-top that I find them disconcerting. If she can prove anything she's claiming, it's going to be a real problem for the US.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 01:42 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-22-2020, 01:09 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 12:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I somewhat agree with you.

This is where I am, as well. I was also leaning towards Homebiscuit's point about this being a referendum on Trump until I realized most of the down ballot issues came only in the swing states. Biden underperformed Hillary in all but 5 cities, which happened to be in democratically controlled counties in swing states. There is definitely something shady in this election. Whether or not Trump's team can prove it, that's a different story. I have never thought Giuliani was making a strong case. Powell's claims, on the other hand, are almost so over-the-top that I find them disconcerting. If she can prove anything she's claiming, it's going to be a real problem for the US.

Newsflash:  She can't.  Your simple-minded "statistical anomalies" are not disconcerting; they get consistently debunked, easily explained, and kicked in the teeth in court rooms.  Its a lot easier to make accusations on a message board or press conference; but when the real-world arguments need to be made in court, this flimsy evidence evaporates. Even Chris Christie agrees:

"And what's happened here is, quite frankly, the content of the president's legal team has been a national embarrassment. Sidney Powell accusing Gov. Brian Kemp of a crime on television, yet being unwilling to go on TV and defend and lay out the evidence that she supposedly has. This is outrageous conduct by any lawyer, and notice, they won't do it inside the courtroom. They allege fraud outside the courtroom, but when they go inside the courtroom, they don't plead fraud and they don't argue fraud." - Chris Christie

"NATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT"

This whole thing is just a dog-and-pony show for the egos of Trump and all of his sheep.

(11-22-2020, 12:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I do, I've lost several friends because I don't hate Trump. The rage among otherwise decent people is almost comical, like everyone missed their Xanax dose for a couple years.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 01:46 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-22-2020, 01:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 12:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I somewhat agree with you.

I do, I've lost several friends because I don't hate Trump. The rage among otherwise decent people is almost comical, like everyone missed their Xanax dose for a couple years.

Slappy Fact Check:   FALSE.  You cannot lose what you do not possess.

Dang. I've officially blocked my first poster ever. The slappy insult is just too much to bear.