Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(12-14-2020, 09:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Biden almost left us on stage. Wow. I bet the Kamala family is so joyful right now. Biden might not make it to the inauguration.

As someone who has intentionally stayed away from the news and this section, can you enlighten me on what happened?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-14-2020, 09:19 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 09:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Biden almost left us on stage. Wow. I bet the Kamala family is so joyful right now. Biden might not make it to the inauguration.

As someone who has intentionally stayed away from the news and this section, can you enlighten me on what happened?

Coughing attack during speech. Coughing into his hand and not his elbow. Just very sickly and weak.

(12-14-2020, 09:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 09:19 PM)Jags Wrote: As someone who has intentionally stayed away from the news and this section, can you enlighten me on what happened?

Coughing attack during speech. Coughing into his hand and not his elbow. Just very sickly and weak.
Please don’t take this as me being a Biden supporter, but INTO HIS HAND????  But otherwise, yeah, I can see all that happening.  I’m not shocked.  He’ll be gone soon.  Then we’ll have bigger issue to tend to with the Harris/Pelosi office.

(12-14-2020, 08:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 08:44 PM)captivating Wrote: China is going to own everyone.  We sold our soul looking for the cheapest labour to make our stuff cheaply.  We passed the point of no return

Reaping the seeds that have been sown.

We didn't pass it, but might have now. At least Trump woke everyone up about the topic.

We have passed it.  You wont be able to convince people to pay double for their next phone or computer as it is not made in China.  Same with their whitegoods, kitchen gadgets, power tools, lawn tools etc. We (the global we) funded the CCP.  This pre-dated Trump.  He talked a good talk, but failed to walk a good walk and didn't change it.  As you said, he just talked about it.

(12-14-2020, 09:45 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 08:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We didn't pass it, but might have now. At least Trump woke everyone up about the topic.

We have passed it.  You wont be able to convince people to pay double for their next phone or computer as it is not made in China.  Same with their whitegoods, kitchen gadgets, power tools, lawn tools etc. We (the global we) funded the CCP.  This pre-dated Trump.  He talked a good talk, but failed to walk a good walk and didn't change it.  As you said, he just talked about it.

There is never any final word in trade and manufacturing.  We lost a lot of ground but we can come back. We have more natural resources than Europe and about the same level of worker skill and knowledge.

China's productivity will not shrink, but it will be more and more directed inwards as their own population demands more stuff.  

The industries that have tended to simply chase cheap labor, textiles and the like, left China heading south long ago.  Africa might be next.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Pete Buttigieg, the man with the major South Bend pot hole problem is our transportation secretary.

#filltheswamp

Mitch McConnell congratulates Biden, as do a lot of republican representatives. Fox News and other main stream media outlets are reporting less and less on Trump. Looks like the Donald is becoming more and more irrelevant by the day. Pretty nice to wake up and watch Fox, CNN, and MSNBC report stories about volunteers gathering presents in support of Toys for Tots and such and not hear a peep about meaningless Trump tweets.....except of course for the childish Trump retweet showing the 2 Georgia Republican reps with photoshopped masks reflecting the Chinese flag.

HURRICANE trying to unseat Skip Bayless as the worlds oldest troll.

(12-16-2020, 10:01 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: HURRICANE trying to unseat Skip Bayless as the worlds oldest troll.

Just as long as he doesn't challenge you for world's biggest troll.

(12-16-2020, 11:01 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 10:01 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: HURRICANE trying to unseat Skip Bayless as the worlds oldest troll.

Just as long as he doesn't challenge you for world's biggest troll.

Leave humor to those who do it well. Your extreme effort diminishes the final product.

(12-16-2020, 11:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 11:01 AM)mikesez Wrote: Just as long as he doesn't challenge you for world's biggest troll.

Leave humor to those who do it well. Your extreme effort diminishes the final product.

If I'm going to take anyone's advice on humor, it'll be someone I find funny.

(12-14-2020, 09:45 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 08:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We didn't pass it, but might have now. At least Trump woke everyone up about the topic.

Man, I can't convince people to pay 30 cents more for a pound of American grapes. 

Consumer goods is one thing but wait until China controls all our food pricing.

(12-17-2020, 03:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 09:45 PM)captivating Wrote: We have passed it.  You wont be able to convince people to pay double for their next phone or computer as it is not made in China.  Same with their whitegoods, kitchen gadgets, power tools, lawn tools etc. We (the global we) funded the CCP.  This pre-dated Trump.  He talked a good talk, but failed to walk a good walk and didn't change it.  As you said, he just talked about it.

Man, I can't convince people to pay 30 cents more for a pound of American grapes. 

How would China control our food pricing?  We export food to them, not the other way around.

(12-17-2020, 03:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 03:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Man, I can't convince people to pay 30 cents more for a pound of American grapes. 

How would China control our food pricing?  We export food to them, not the other way around.

By continuing to purchase American companies.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-17-2020, 03:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 03:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Man, I can't convince people to pay 30 cents more for a pound of American grapes. 

We export SOME food to them that they can't grow. Yet.

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicat...D/rankings

(12-17-2020, 03:46 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 03:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: How would China control our food pricing?  We export food to them, not the other way around.

Marty just had that "oh [BLEEP]" moment.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2020, 04:57 PM by The Real Marty.)

(12-17-2020, 03:46 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 03:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: How would China control our food pricing?  We export food to them, not the other way around.

So what are you saying exactly, that they would undersell us and put our farmers out of business?  What sort of American companies would they purchase that would allow them to control our food pricing?

(12-17-2020, 03:52 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
We export SOME food to them that they can't grow. Yet.

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicat...D/rankings

Wow.

(12-17-2020, 04:55 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 03:46 PM)copycat Wrote: By continuing to purchase American companies.

So what are you saying exactly, that they would undersell us and put our farmers out of business?  What sort of American companies would they purchase that would allow them to control our food pricing?

[Image: who-owns-what.jpg]

And this article gives words to the activities:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/how-much-o...really-own

[font=Roboto,]"In 2017, the United States imported $4.6 billion in agricultural goods from China, which is also responsible for much of the global supply of soy and pea proteins that are found in nutritional supplements and synthetic meats. A Chinese firm has also purchased Smithfield, the world's largest pork processor and hog producer."[/font]

and

"Citing the nonpartisan economic think-tank [font=Roboto,]Paulson Institute, the American Security Institute report underscores that "Chinese firms and investors own a controlling majority in nearly 2,400 U.S. companies."[/font]

These include: AMC Entertainment (entertainment), Cirrus Wind Energy (energy), Complete Genomics (health care), First International Oil (energy), G.E. Appliances (technology), IBM—P.C. division (technology), Legendary Entertainment Group (entertainment), Motorola Mobility (technology), Nexteer Automotive (automotive), Riot Games (entertainment), Smithfield Foods (food), Teledyne Continental Motors and Mattituck Services (aerospace), Terex Corp. (machinery), Triple H Coal (mining), Zonare Medical Systems (health care)."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato