Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021, 12:22 PM by mikesez.)

(01-09-2021, 12:24 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 12:00 AM)mikesez Wrote: Of course.
Taking over a police building [civil authority] was insurrection.
Burning down an auto parts store [private property] was not.
When one branch of civil authority [Congress] investigates and prosecutes another [the President] using a procedure laid out in the Constitution, that's not insurrection.

When BLM protesters took over six blocks of Seattle, which included a police precinct, wasn't that insurrection?

When BLM protesters defied curfews, overturned and burned police cars and assaulted officers in Minneapolis and Ferguson, wasn't that also insurrection?

Can you direct me to any post you published at those times, labeling said actions as insurrection?

(1) Yes. Taking down the places and symbols of the duly elected authority is insurrection
(2) No. Merely disobeying the authority is not yet an insurrection.
(3) No. I mean maybe I did, maybe I didn't, but ain't nobody got time to search, and I'm certainly not exposing my other social media handles to you. Don't be petty.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol, you didn't. Also, burning police vehicles and the entire police department would fit the definition of insurrection. Stop splitting hairs. Leftist have been violent for months and people defended them. Conservatives get violent and it's treason. It's the same thing. Shouldn't have happened either time. Period. Have some consistency and stop listening to people that don't.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021, 01:02 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(01-09-2021, 12:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 12:24 AM)Sneakers Wrote: When BLM protesters took over six blocks of Seattle, which included a police precinct, wasn't that insurrection?

When BLM protesters defied curfews, overturned and burned police cars and assaulted officers in Minneapolis and Ferguson, wasn't that also insurrection?

Can you direct me to any post you published at those times, labeling said actions as insurrection?

(1) Yes. Taking down the places and symbols of the duly elected authority is insurrection
(3) No. I mean maybe I did, maybe I didn't, but ain't nobody got time to search, and I'm certainly not exposing my other social media handles to you.  Don't be petty.

"(2) No. Merely disobeying the authority is not yet an insurrection."

It's litterally the definition of the word..

in·sur·rec·tion
/ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

noun
  1. a violent uprising against an authority or government.
So you don't think burning squad cars and assaulting police officers is a sign of insurrection?! You Sir are a [BLEEP] or you simply are ignorant to what insurrection even means.. I'm leaning towards the former.

Liberals get riled up because they believe they are all "special" and certain rules don't apply to them. They think everything has a gray area and never see anything as completely one way or another.

Conservatives get riled up because someone in power who continually lies to them tells them to get riled up and they are gullible enough to fall for it. They believe everything is black and white with no exceptions.

That is why I choose not to align myself with either group. I hate them both equally

(01-09-2021, 01:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: They think everything has a gray area and never see anything as completely one way or another.

That's not a trait of liberals. That's a trait of anyone and everyone who understands how the world works. Right and wrong are the statistical outliers. Morally gray is the overwhelming majority of what we deal with.

(01-09-2021, 01:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Liberals get riled up because they believe they are all "special" and certain rules don't apply to them. They think everything has a gray area and never see anything as completely one way or another.

Conservatives get riled up because someone in power who continually lies to them tells them to get riled up and they are gullible enough to fall for it. They believe everything is black and white with no exceptions.

That is why I choose not to align myself with either group. I hate them both equally

Totally missed the mark, there's a difference between Conservative and Republican.

Gullible.. yeah ok, more like awake.  There needs to be a third party though, because this country is obviously fractured and both parties have abandoned their bases.

Believe it or not Trump got [BLEEP] done and was good to the American people.. Now watch what happens with Geriatric Joe.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021, 01:40 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-09-2021, 01:33 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Liberals get riled up because they believe they are all "special" and certain rules don't apply to them. They think everything has a gray area and never see anything as completely one way or another.

Totally missed the mark, there's a difference between Conservative and Republican.

Gullible.. yeah ok, more like awake.  There needs to be a third party though, because this country is obviously fractured and both parties have abandoned their bases.

Believe it or not Trump got [BLEEP] done and was good to the American people.. Now watch what happens with Geriatric Joe.

I was just having a discussion with a buddy that had it not been for this week, when the smoke cleared, the history books would have been kind to Trump for everything he accomplished. 

Slow Joe is going to have major issues with foreign policy, specifically North Korea. Economy is going to tank soon as well when the housing market correction comes.

It is necessary for people to feel the pain of their decisions if they are to ever think straight.

(01-09-2021, 01:10 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: They think everything has a gray area and never see anything as completely one way or another.

That's not a trait of liberals. That's a trait of anyone and everyone who understands how the world works. Right and wrong are the statistical outliers. Morally gray is the overwhelming majority of what we deal with.

I agree, but there are definitely some black and white issues as well. They may be in the vast minority, but they exist. It's the Independents who are able to see the differences.

(01-09-2021, 01:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Slow Joe is going to have major issues with foreign policy, specifically North Korea. Economy is going to tank soon as well when the housing market correction comes.

It is necessary for people to feel the pain of their decisions if they are to ever think straight.

The economy is going to tank? Might want to peek outside of your bubble for a few minutes every now and then to get a look at reality.

No. Definitely gullible. The italicized sentence proves that.

(01-09-2021, 01:00 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 12:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: (1) Yes. Taking down the places and symbols of the duly elected authority is insurrection
(3) No. I mean maybe I did, maybe I didn't, but ain't nobody got time to search, and I'm certainly not exposing my other social media handles to you.  Don't be petty.

"(2) No. Merely disobeying the authority is not yet an insurrection."

It's litterally the definition of the word..

in·sur·rec·tion
/ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

noun
  1. a violent uprising against an authority or government.
So you don't think burning squad cars and assaulting police officers is a sign of insurrection?! You Sir are a [BLEEP] or you simply are ignorant to what insurrection even means.. I'm leaning towards the former.

Burning a police vehicle is rioting.

Taking over the police vehicle and saying you're the police now, and demanding that other police either turn in their badges or obey you, is an insurrection.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-09-2021, 01:42 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Slow Joe is going to have major issues with foreign policy, specifically North Korea. Economy is going to tank soon as well when the housing market correction comes.

The economy is going to tank? Might want to peek outside of your bubble for a few minutes every now and then to get a look at reality.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

(01-09-2021, 01:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:42 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The economy is going to tank? Might want to peek outside of your bubble for a few minutes every now and then to get a look at reality.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

On the bright side, now that the Dems control the legislative branch, it's going to be much better than it would have been if Moscow Mitch were still in charge and could implement the regular plan of making sure no one gets any help with anything.

Spot on..  We need a new party. One that listens to their base and one that puts it's people and country first. I'm so tired of spineless RINOS..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-09-2021, 01:54 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You ain't seen nothing yet.

On the bright side, now that the Dems control the legislative branch, it's going to be much better than it would have been if Moscow Mitch were still in charge and could implement the regular plan of making sure no one gets any help with anything.

Can someone explain to me the Moscow/Cocaine Mitch references? They're as mysterious to me as the Qanon reference.

(01-09-2021, 01:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:54 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: On the bright side, now that the Dems control the legislative branch, it's going to be much better than it would have been if Moscow Mitch were still in charge and could implement the regular plan of making sure no one gets any help with anything.

Can someone explain to me the Moscow/Cocaine Mitch references? They're as mysterious to me as the Qanon reference.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/30/us/po...nnell.html

(01-09-2021, 01:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:54 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: On the bright side, now that the Dems control the legislative branch, it's going to be much better than it would have been if Moscow Mitch were still in charge and could implement the regular plan of making sure no one gets any help with anything.

It’s the whole Russia, Russia, Russia thing again. But I’m with you on the Qanon stuff, I don’t get it at all.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-09-2021, 01:54 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Spot on..  We need a new party. One that listens to their base and one that puts it's people and country first. I'm so tired of spineless RINOS..

While yes it is need and I'll be changing my registration with FL law changing until the new party comes. It won't matter though other than locally. Dominion has the dems and rinos locked in power. There is no free voting anymore unless the local level keeps their state free.

It's really over unless Trump acts before the 20th. Something has to be done, but I'm not sure he has the guts to do it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-09-2021, 01:54 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:33 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Totally missed the mark, there's a difference between Conservative and Republican.

Spot on..  We need a new party. One that listens to their base and one that puts it's people and country first. I'm so tired of spineless RINOS..

Something we can all get behind, but will never happen until things get past point of no return.

(01-09-2021, 02:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:54 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Spot on..  We need a new party. One that listens to their base and one that puts it's people and country first. I'm so tired of spineless RINOS..

Something we can all get behind, but will never happen until things get past point of no return.

I think we're at the brink of no return.. Should be a matter of time..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]