Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(01-09-2021, 01:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:54 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: On the bright side, now that the Dems control the legislative branch, it's going to be much better than it would have been if Moscow Mitch were still in charge and could implement the regular plan of making sure no one gets any help with anything.

Can someone explain to me the Moscow/Cocaine Mitch references? They're as mysterious to me as the Qanon reference.
(01-09-2021, 02:02 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Can someone explain to me the Moscow/Cocaine Mitch references? They're as mysterious to me as the Qanon reference.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/30/us/po...nnell.html
(01-09-2021, 02:28 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Can someone explain to me the Moscow/Cocaine Mitch references? They're as mysterious to me as the Qanon reference.

It’s the whole Russia, Russia, Russia thing again. But I’m with you on the Qanon stuff, I don’t get it at all.
He is also full blown globalist or cpp with his wife having direct ties to them. He should have been gone a long time ago but couldn't afford to lose the seat. He also seems to have his own cheating running as there were definitely questionable numbers in the last election.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Y'all want a new party?
Y'all had the chance to vote yes on Amendment 3... Hope ya did.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Hang Mike Pence trending on Twitter

(01-09-2021, 02:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: Y'all want a new party?
I didn't remember it didn't get 60%. That is different though because it is only open for the top 2 parties. If there is a new party, it may be the 2nd party in FL.

A legitimate new party would take generations to take hold.

(01-09-2021, 02:28 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

It’s the whole Russia, Russia, Russia thing again. But I’m with you on the Qanon stuff, I don’t get it at all.

The reason I use it is because it's the name that seems to anger him the most. As for your dismissiveness, the Dems were just trying to give the states assistance with election security, something the Republicans suddenly seem very concerned about, if you listen to Sidney Powell, anyway.

(01-09-2021, 02:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hang Mike Pence trending on Twitter

I'm so glad I deleted my account, felt like a ton of weight lifted off of my shoulders. 

I'm loving Parler, which seems to be running pretty damn smooth right now..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-09-2021, 02:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: A legitimate new party would take generations to take hold.

If you get behind instant runoff voting it would take literally almost no time at all once you have that implemented.

(01-09-2021, 02:47 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 02:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: A legitimate new party would take generations to take hold.

If you get behind instant runoff voting it would take literally almost no time at all once you have that implemented.

Are we sure there are enough Democrats unhappy enough with their party to leave them? I'm not really convinced there are right now.

(01-09-2021, 02:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 02:47 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: If you get behind instant runoff voting it would take literally almost no time at all once you have that implemented.

Are we sure there are enough Democrats unhappy enough with their party to leave them? I'm not really convinced there are right now.

Tens of millions of people don't even bother to vote in almost every election, seems a lot of people think something other than their standard choices would be preferable.

As for Dems, I'm not sure it really matters, you asserted that making a third party successful would take a long time, but that's a problem with our current system where people feel pressured to vote against the other party rather than for a party. Instant runoff voting solves that problem.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021, 03:41 PM by mikesez.)

(01-09-2021, 02:47 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:

Approval voting would be even more effective and take even less time to implement.
You'd get a much simpler ballot.
And more candidates than you see today, but fewer than IRV.

(01-09-2021, 02:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 02:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: Y'all want a new party?
I didn't remember it didn't get 60%. That is different though because it is only open for the top 2 parties. If there is a new party, it may be the 2nd party in FL.

Yeah it leaves you a chance to vote for your sincere favorite up front at least, then in phase two you compromise if that guy isn't top two.
Sometimes a third party candidate would get in the top two, sometimes not, depends on the race and the year. It's a better situation than what we have now where it's always the same two parties.
Still, approval voting would be better.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-09-2021, 01:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:33 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Totally missed the mark, there's a difference between Conservative and Republican.

Gullible.. yeah ok, more like awake.  There needs to be a third party though, because this country is obviously fractured and both parties have abandoned their bases.

Believe it or not Trump got [BLEEP] done and was good to the American people.. Now watch what happens with Geriatric Joe.

No. Definitely gullible. The italicized sentence proves that.

how so? you type crap without even supportive statements.. if you're going to call people gullible.. how so?

(01-09-2021, 08:38 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:33 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Totally missed the mark, there's a difference between Conservative and Republican.

Gullible.. yeah ok, more like awake.  There needs to be a third party though, because this country is obviously fractured and both parties have abandoned their bases.

Believe it or not Trump got [BLEEP] done and was good to the American people.. Now watch what happens with Geriatric Joe.

You are gullible to believe the Geriatric Joe drivel. Biden is only four years older than Trump. You call Biden a geriatric at 78 but would be happy having Trump as a President at 78!

Talk about gullible.

Joe Biden clearly isn't healthy. Curious if he volunteers himself to the same cognitive exam Trump did.

I make joke. He won't.

You are gullible to believe the Geriatric Joe drivel. Biden is only four years older than Trump. You call Biden a geriatric at 78 but would be happy having Trump as a President at 78!

Talk about gullible.

Trump is a 78 year old bottle of champagne compared to Biden, who is a 78 year old bottle of grape Mad Dog..

(01-09-2021, 08:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 08:38 PM)captivating Wrote: You are gullible to believe the Geriatric Joe drivel. Biden is only four years older than Trump. You call Biden a geriatric at 78 but would be happy having Trump as a President at 78!

Talk about gullible.

Joe Biden clearly isn't healthy. Curious if he volunteers himself to the same cognitive exam Trump did.

I make joke. He won't.

You mean the Grade 3 spelling test that Trump aced.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021, 08:48 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-09-2021, 08:45 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 08:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Joe Biden clearly isn't healthy. Curious if he volunteers himself to the same cognitive exam Trump did.

I make joke. He won't.

You mean the Grade 3 spelling test that Trump aced.

You know damn well Biden would flunk it.

We dont need a test though. Give it time.

(01-09-2021, 08:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 08:38 PM)captivating Wrote: You are gullible to believe the Geriatric Joe drivel. Biden is only four years older than Trump. You call Biden a geriatric at 78 but would be happy having Trump as a President at 78!

Talk about gullible.

Trump is a 78 year old bottle of champagne compared to Biden, who is a 78 year old bottle of grape Mad Dog..

He left out Trump would be 78 at the end of his 2nd term and Joel will be 82.

Talk about gullible.

What does Donald Trump have to do with Joe Biden's physical and mental health?  There's a world of range in abilities for people in their late 70's.  Trump's age and/or respective condition is irrelevant.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Golly gee whiz is Trump ruining the country !

Soooo happy I didn’t vote for ‘em!

(01-09-2021, 09:37 PM)BushCheney2000 Wrote: Golly gee whiz is Trump ruining the country !

Soooo happy I didn’t vote for ‘em!

Wouldn't have mattered if you did, wouldn't have been counted..

Talk about gullible.

Biden was an idiot at 20, 40, 60 and now. He's always been a moron.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato