Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(01-27-2022, 10:20 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 09:37 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Maybe Khan does know what he is doing. He got burnt bad last year with his ardent decision to open up his arms --and checkbook -- to Urban, so he's playing all the angles this time around. Maybe he just wants to get it right.

Getting it right means firing Baalke. If he doesn't, he'll lose a significant part of the fanbase. How can he not see this?

Or maybe there was enough going on behind the scenes during Meyer's ill-fated rampage that none of us know, but Khan saw something in Baalke that he believes will help mend the frayed state of the team.

It's a possibility that out of the ashes of turmoil, may arise the impetus of a cleansing renewal of hope and faith.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 10:38 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(01-27-2022, 10:33 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 10:20 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Getting it right means firing Baalke. If he doesn't, he'll lose a significant part of the fanbase. How can he not see this?

Or maybe there was enough going on behind the scenes during Meyer's ill-fated rampage that none of us know, but Khan saw something in Baalke that he believes will help mend the frayed state of the team.

It's a possibility that out of the ashes of turmoil, may arise the impetus of a cleansing renewal of hope and faith.

Baalke is a snake whose only skill is to fool billionaire owners that somehow this know-nothing little [BLEEP] has more knowledge than bona fide ex-NFL players and coaches

Shad needs to just get rid of Baalke, and hire byron and not settle on a coach that will work with the GM. if he sticks with Baalke he will lose alot of respect in the organization.

(01-27-2022, 10:20 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Getting it right means firing Baalke. If he doesn't, he'll lose a significant part of the fanbase. How can he not see this?

Is that you, Trent?

Nobody else can be this gullible.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-27-2022, 10:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 09:07 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Now We know why baalke pushed so hard…

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments...known.jpeg

If this is true, hire Leftwich right freakin now!

Yes, a million times yes. 

And I'm not even half as down on Baalke as most of you. GM and HC must be  able to cooperate.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 10:55 AM by rfc17. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-27-2022, 10:21 AM)Mikey Wrote: Yeah, I get that. I hadn't seen anyone hear shouting from the rooftops that Byron is anywhere near officially hired.
There's a very good chance that if Dilla's source is close to the owner, and the owner is wowed by Byron, that yeah, it's going to happen or the wheels are going in that direction.
There was nothing concrete in his tweet.

Once again, as with damn near everything on this board, everyone has to pick a side. It's either "Dilla is a prescient god who must not be doubted" or "Dilla is a dumma". Byron is either the solution to every problem, or he's just a continuation of everything wrong with the franchise. It's frickin exhausting.

Like you said, Dilla has shown over time that his sources (instincts, guesses, what the heck ever) tend to be reliable. If he indicates that the team is leaning in Byron's direction, it's probably believable that they are.

Yea at the end of the day Dilla is just a regular guy that knows someone in the building (or knows someone that does) that gives him info.  And he posts it on twitter without verifying if final or not.  Just hears the rumors and posts them.   Not knocking that because it's fun to hear the rumors but things in that building can change quickly.  And I don't think Dilla is unique in knowing folks in the building.  I've known a number of people on these boards over the years and have dropped info from things they've heard.  One of our family friends works directly for Shad in a non football capacity for the Jags who often spends gamedays in the owners box.  When I'm down in Jax and if we talk football, he'll drop some interesting nuggets but not everything comes true.  Just because folks in the building want to move in a direction doesn't mean it always happens.  

As far as the national media, these guys are often just getting info from agents and front office in order to create leverage or change narratives.  Often they are just being used but they get "credit" for being first with the story.  Which frankly I've always found to be odd that so many people are interested in that.  It's not like football media is breaking interesting stories or doing deep dive investigations.  Typically stories that come out are done so because teams, players, and agents want those stories out.

Anyways it sounds very likely the Jags want Leftwich, Leftwich wants to come here, but something happened.  Either negotiation tactics to get more money, more control, etc... who knows.  I'm sure we'll hear the real story when all is said and done.

Baalke probably needs to go, but there is a LOT of speculation about what’s going on and some are latching on to specific potential scenarios as gospel and getting emotionally attached to those scenarios. We have a few pieces of a puzzle of information but some here think they have the whole picture figured out and you can’t possibly unless you are in the conference room during interviews and negotiations. It’s a whole bunch of rabble rabble. My recommendation is to chillax and let it play out before lobbing condemnation at Khan or Baalke or whomever.

(01-26-2022, 07:02 PM)Predator Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 06:12 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: You had the guy who had the signature that went something like "Remember when the Jaguars had white shoes and knew how to win?"

That is a reference to the football movie "The Best of Times". It's a plot element of the movie.

"He's wearing his white shoes!!!!"  LOL
That movie was great!

I am not sure if you could make a worse start to your posting career than this if you tried. And maybe you are trying. If so, kudos you succeeded.

At the end of the day, we need to win. All these threats by fans over specific hires won’t mean anything if we start winning. That said, I am fully in the full reset camp.

Twitter made a great point, Jimmy Sexton represents both Leftwich and Chip Kelly...and we all know how awful Baalke and Chip's relationship was. 100% Sexton has warned Leftwich how awful Baalke is and how he will throw him under the bus without a second thought if/when things start going south.

(01-26-2022, 09:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 09:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lolololol

I'd feel the same about Hackett as I do with Byron.  I think both could be good for Trev and neither have HC experience

Cleatwood is a buffoon.  Glad I blocked him because he post nothing but garbage.  Too bad when he gets quoted I occasionally see his garbage spewed across my screen.

I notice these bullies on the board like him who insult people, never admit when they are wrong or own up to anything.   Little man syndrome.

Dilla has not been right 100% of the time and gets many things wrong.

Dude!  This is literally what you do dang near every time you post anything.  Hypocrite much?  Good grief.

(01-27-2022, 09:50 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Just seems crazy how Khan rates Baalke so highly after 1 year, and it wasnt a great year.

It's actually been two years, and the year before was even worse. Henderson and Chaisson with our 1st rounders, paying Schobert a ton of money to be awful along with Eifert, Gunter, Woods, and Marsh...literally lit money and very valuable draft picks on fire.

(01-27-2022, 11:05 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Baalke probably needs to go, but there is a LOT of speculation about what’s going on and some are latching on to specific potential scenarios as gospel and getting emotionally attached to those scenarios.  We have a few pieces of a puzzle of information but some here think they have the whole picture figured out and you can’t possibly unless you are in the conference room during interviews and negotiations.  It’s a whole bunch of rabble rabble.  My recommendation is to chillax and let it play out before lobbing condemnation at Khan or Baalke or whomever.

Wonderful post! 
Casting a scenario where one wishes the GM's life to be taken in a plane crash seems like a rather inhumane view of things.

(01-27-2022, 11:36 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 11:05 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Baalke probably needs to go, but there is a LOT of speculation about what’s going on and some are latching on to specific potential scenarios as gospel and getting emotionally attached to those scenarios.  We have a few pieces of a puzzle of information but some here think they have the whole picture figured out and you can’t possibly unless you are in the conference room during interviews and negotiations.  It’s a whole bunch of rabble rabble.  My recommendation is to chillax and let it play out before lobbing condemnation at Khan or Baalke or whomever.

Wonderful post! 
Casting a scenario where one wishes the GM's life to be taken in a plane crash seems like a rather inhumane view of things.

No one really wishes death on anyone.

It's just hyperbole. Now imagine if Baalke decided to take a helicopter ride in California......

(01-27-2022, 07:35 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 03:42 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I am not a fan of an inexperienced head coach walking into this situation. BTW many idiots were attacking others like me who tried to point out its not official. Besr believe I am calling them out on it. Regardless of how you twist it, they jumped the gun and Now they have egg on their face. Cut the BS they were wrong. Byron could still be in the running but they were preaching it was signed, sealed, and delivered with out an official source confirming it. 

I want an experienced head coach. I would be happy with Caldwell or Pedersen. Two coaches with previous success. 

Who do
I’ll take that loss because I was one of them. I was excited about about Byron even though he wasn’t my first choice but it was a move I could get behind and support. IMO it had a lot more  pros than cons. 

Most peoples issue with you comes from the bold above. You definitely get off on doing that to other fans  of the same team on multiple subjects. I don’t think I have you seen you come out on top in a debate and not be a complete piece of [BLEEP] about it. Take a W in stride and move on.

If you disagree with someone that’s fine. And I’ll even admit that 90% of most posts you put up can make for decent conversations. But you have a way of making about 10% of every post you throw up some [BLEEP] shade attack that is normally directed at other fans and has nothing to do with the subject. Some times it hard to tell if you are a troll or a fan. If I was new to the board I would think the former for sure

That’s why people generally don’t respond to your stuff with anything but rebuttal attacks. It is what it is I suppose.

Dude get over yourself. Almost every post I make a handful of trolls attack me. I'm not going to play nice when I am constantly under attack. Call the real truth. This board is full of jerks and trolls while there are few like me who stick to football. Rarely ever do I insult anyone without being bullied first. 

Stop acting like their are ton of decent fans on the board who are innocent victims and don't deserve to be insulted. Most of this fanbase is toxic as the team. Cry me a river somewhere else.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I can't believe the Broncos already hired their guy and we're still bull SPITTIN around

(01-27-2022, 09:35 AM)Upper Wrote: Looks like Shad has the easiest decision of all time in front of him right now.

It really is too bad that he is the stupidest smart person on the planet, however.

Khan is a smart business man.

His IQ is in the single digits running a team.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 11:43 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

Now Shipley thinks it will be Eberflus + Baalke.

I am probably out if that happens

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...0583573509
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23