Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(01-27-2022, 05:45 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 05:36 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Baalke as EVP...   Big Grin

However, as yesterday showed Target boy can't differentiate between "working on it" and "deal done". Or maybe the janitor that sells info to him...

Apparently the same differentiation you are struggling with right now, as Dilla definitely never used the quotes you claim.

What? He said it was Leftwich when it clearly wasn't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-27-2022, 05:32 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 05:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Starting to get good vibes again

I am worried that Dilla also hinted that Baalke may not be fired but reassigned to a different job instead. Unless that job is selling hot dogs in the nosebleeds I will not be happy with that arrangement.

I don't see how you can possibly keep a back stabbing guy like Baalke somewhere in the building.  I heard the rumors, but honestly, it makes zero sense.  Cut and run.  Clean slate.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-27-2022, 06:03 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 05:45 PM)Upper Wrote: Apparently the same differentiation you are struggling with right now, as Dilla definitely never used the quotes you claim.

What? He said it was Leftwich when it clearly wasn't.

I think he probably was a little premature with the declaration that Leftwich was the new coach, but I don't think he was wrong.  Based on what is swirling right now in the media, it sounds like Byron was not as eager to work with Baalke as perhaps the media hacks had thought.  That's the "snag" in negotiations, IMO.  Sounds like that speed bump has been addressed.  We'll see soon enough.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-27-2022, 05:32 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 05:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Starting to get good vibes again

I am worried that Dilla also hinted that Baalke may not be fired but reassigned to a different job instead. Unless that job is selling hot dogs in the nosebleeds I will not be happy with that arrangement.

Baalke will be like that dude in The Office movie that got sent to the basement ....

(01-27-2022, 06:15 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 05:32 PM)Upper Wrote: I am worried that Dilla also hinted that Baalke may not be fired but reassigned to a different job instead. Unless that job is selling hot dogs in the nosebleeds I will not be happy with that arrangement.

Baalke will be like that dude in The Office movie that got sent to the basement ....

Office Space

[Image: HXj3Dja.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-27-2022, 06:08 PM)FBT Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 05:32 PM)Upper Wrote: I am worried that Dilla also hinted that Baalke may not be fired but reassigned to a different job instead. Unless that job is selling hot dogs in the nosebleeds I will not be happy with that arrangement.

I don't see how you can possibly keep a back stabbing guy like Baalke somewhere in the building.  I heard the rumors, but honestly, it makes zero sense.  Cut and run.  Clean slate.

He is also the one supposedly leaking a bunch of stuff and has done it in the past. You can't keep someone you can't trust and then also have him leaking.

I think it's funny watching "Jags twitter" lose their collective crap when "e-Dilla" was premature ejacuposting.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

WHAT IS THE HOLD UP ARG&((&@

Another day, another dozen "for sure" rumors, we're still close to a deal, or not, and on and on it goes.

Uh oh

https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/news/atla...ean-payton
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-27-2022, 06:43 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Uh oh

Purely speculation, but I think that this could be more of a power/leverage play by his camp if we are actually in the contract talk stage.

But if it is indeed true and we do end up missing out on this one, this front office has no one to blame but itself. We drug our feet and left the door open and it is entirely possible we [BLEEP] this up. Hopefully that is not the case.

News travels and changes so fast that even though this was like 4 hours ago, it’s essentially last weeks news.

(01-27-2022, 06:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

News travels and changes so fast that even though this was like 4 hours ago, it’s essentially last weeks news.

That is good to know. The time stamp said 10 minutes old. That will teach me.

But it's not really news -- it's yahoos on twitter and some on this forum who work themselves up into a lather and then are beyond disappontment when their idea of reality isn't so.

(01-27-2022, 07:06 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: But it's not really news -- it's yahoos on twitter and some on this forum who work themselves up into a lather and then are beyond disappontment when their idea of reality isn't so.

This is a fan forum, why wouldn't we be throwing it around the boards? I find it engaging and fun for my day.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Interesting speculation on my sources part; the holdup may be the Rooney Rule changes from a few years ago. You have to interview TWO minority people before hiring.

I’m wondering if the Caldwell interview was for Hc or for EVP as the rumors suggested

(01-27-2022, 07:06 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: But it's not really news -- it's yahoos on twitter and some on this forum who work themselves up into a lather and then are beyond disappontment when their idea of reality isn't so.

I bet if the rumors were pointing towards your beloved Bevell you’d be jumping for joy.  You already tried to rally the troops behind him already.

This nonsense needs to end. I mean wth. Oddest goofball thing ever. Baalke should have been gone right after the dolts win.

Utter buffoonary.

(01-27-2022, 05:53 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Burn me once Dilla, shame on you; Burn me twice ...

You don't think Schefter and Rapaport and every other reporter haven't been wrong more than twice? Like a LOT more than twice?

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 07:27 PM by JaggedSioux. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-27-2022, 07:08 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:

This is a fan forum, why wouldn't we be throwing it around the boards? I find it engaging and fun for my day.
And I understand the enjoyment of that, but presenting speculation as cold, hard facts as was done yesterday when an entire thread was based on a lie blinds the truth a big much.
Some on here make well-thought-out and compelling points; others give the impression of a kid who had his lollipop stolen and is holding his breath while doing a foot-stomping tantrum until he gets it back.