Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(01-27-2022, 07:17 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 05:53 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Burn me once Dilla, shame on you; Burn me twice ...

You don't think Schefter and Rapaport and every other reporter haven't been wrong more than twice? Like a LOT more than twice?
The two you cite get confirmation from a variety of sources and preferebly name those sources before presenting it; they don't just pull something out of their [BLEEP] and pass that fiction off as fact.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-27-2022, 07:26 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 07:17 PM)Upper Wrote: You don't think Schefter and Rapaport and every other reporter haven't been wrong more than twice? Like a LOT more than twice?
The two you cite get confirmation from a variety of sources and preferebly name those sources before presenting it; they don't just pull something out of their [BLEEP] and pass that fiction off as fact.

You could have just said you haven't followed Dilla the last few years.

(01-27-2022, 07:26 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 07:17 PM)Upper Wrote: You don't think Schefter and Rapaport and every other reporter haven't been wrong more than twice? Like a LOT more than twice?

Idk how many times I’ve heard those guys say “per source with knowledge of the situation…”.  They don’t really give their sources.  You do understand that this Dilla guy is a fan that happens to know a guy in the stadium.  This isn’t his job. He’s right way more than he’s wrong.  Just a fan telling us other fans what gets whispered to him.

(01-27-2022, 07:33 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 07:26 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: The two you cite get confirmation from a variety of sources and preferebly name those sources before presenting it; they don't just pull something out of their [BLEEP] and pass that fiction off as fact.

Idk how many times I’ve heard those guys say “per source with knowledge of the situation…”.  They don’t really give their sources.  You do understand that this Dilla guy is a fan that happens to know a guy in the stadium.  This isn’t his job. He’s right way more than he’s wrong.  Just a fan telling us other fans what gets whispered to him.

Sure, I get that. But when he is off the mark or jumps the gun, the damage has already been done and that false perception burns like wildfire through the fanbase ... pretty hard to reverse that stuff.

(01-27-2022, 07:46 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 07:33 PM)Jags Wrote: Idk how many times I’ve heard those guys say “per source with knowledge of the situation…”.  They don’t really give their sources.  You do understand that this Dilla guy is a fan that happens to know a guy in the stadium.  This isn’t his job. He’s right way more than he’s wrong.  Just a fan telling us other fans what gets whispered to him.

Sure, I get that. But when he is off the mark or jumps the gun, the damage has already been done and that false perception burns like wildfire through the fanbase ... pretty hard to reverse that stuff.

Since the advent of social media, what you are describing is very commonplace across the landscape of pro sports news. 

It happens frequently. People with "sources" get it wrong. 

The reason the news from "Dilla" is being taken with any degree of trust is because he has been dead right so many times over the past two seasons whereas others similar to him are more commonly inconsistent in their veracity. 

It's really not a big deal.

To play Devils advocate:

We do not know how well the Leftwich interview went. He would be a first time head coach so no telling if he is ready for the Job. Being a coordinator and being a Head Coach are 2 different worlds. I don't really care about the popular pick, I want the right pick. It could be hardball negotiations from Khan or it could be he feels Leftwich is not ready. Time will tell soon.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-27-2022, 07:57 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: To play Devils advocate:

We do not know how well the Leftwich interview went.  He would be a first time head coach so no telling if he is ready for the Job.  Being a coordinator and being a Head Coach are 2 different worlds.  I don't really care about the popular pick,  I want the right pick.  It could be hardball negotiations from Khan or it could be he feels Leftwich is not ready.  Time will tell soon.

The voice of reason....

Lolololol
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-27-2022, 08:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

We do not know how well the Leftwich interview went.  He would be a first time head coach so no telling if he is ready for the Job.  Being a coordinator and being a Head Coach are 2 different worlds.  I don't really care about the popular pick,  I want the right pick.  It could be hardball negotiations from Khan or it could be he feels Leftwich is not ready.  Time will tell soon.

The voice of reason....

Lolololol

Incredible insight! 

I would have never considered that Byron might be a good coordinator but bad HC! 
Well, except that it was the very first thing that came to mind when Leftwich was mentioned as a candidate and we have 8 pages of posters saying it over the past 4 weeks here.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 08:15 PM by jaguarmvp.)

https://twitter.com/meathead55/status/14...slvCzlyXvg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...&context=3

(01-27-2022, 08:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 08:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote: The voice of reason....

Lolololol

Incredible insight! 

I would have never considered that Byron might be a good coordinator but bad HC! 
Well, except that it was the very first thing that came to mind when Leftwich was mentioned as a candidate and we have 8 pages of posters saying it over the past 4 weeks here.
No chance he sees this.

YOU’RE ON THE LIST BOY!

And who exactly would your 'right pick' be?

Dang.. the fun fact in that reddit. Disn't remember it was Wilson that broke Leftwich's ankle.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 08:30 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-27-2022, 08:23 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

And who exactly would your 'right pick' be?

I can't sit in the interview process and know who that is.  I am an outsider observer looking in.   Could leftwich still be our coach?  Sure.   I do not know if he is ready behind closed doors.  IMO, the best way to fix this team is go with somebody who has done it before at a high level.   A Caldwell or A pederson type.   Going with Leftwich is risky because he is going into the job with 0 previous Head coaching experiences.   I just dont' want Shad to hire anyone because they are the popular pick.  I would have to sit in on the interviews to know who I see is the right guy.   The worst thing Shad can do is rush this process right now.

*Remember this is no regular head coaching position. We are the King of stink while also being the most dysfunctional team in the league. I think experience trumps anything right now for us.

(01-27-2022, 08:28 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 08:23 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: And who exactly would your 'right pick' be?

I can't sit in the interview process and know who that is.  I am an outsider observer looking in.   Could leftwich still be our coach?  Sure.   I do not know if he is ready behind closed doors.  IMO, the best way to fix this team is go with somebody who has done it before at a high level.   A Caldwell or A pederson type.   Going with Leftwich is risky because he is going into the job with 0 previous Head coaching experiences.   I just dont' want Shad to hire anyone because they are the popular pick.  I would have to sit in on the interviews to know who I see is the right guy.   The worst thing Shad can do is rush this process right now.

*Remember this is no regular head coaching position.  We are the King of stink while also being the most dysfunctional team in the league.  I think experience trumps anything right now for us.
By all accounts, Leftwich could be a great hire.  But in Khan’s eyes, Urbs was a great hire that he “got right”. 
He lost the locker room in record time.  If Byron is a guy that can coach and still get the respect from the players, which I think he can and will do, then he is light years ahead of what we had.  This organization needs a complete makeover starting from the top.  I personally would be very excited headed into next year with Wilson/Leftwich.  Obviously FA and the draft would add to or take away from my excitement depending on what happens there.  But I think a AW/BL combo alone makes this team much better.

(01-27-2022, 08:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 08:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote: The voice of reason....

Lolololol

Incredible insight! 

Actually it is more than 8 pages, but who is counting.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Why is this organization so inept at doing things correctly.Not only have they not hired a HC yet, but there's no info on anything they're doing.

Could it be possible that the Fangio interview was for the DC job with the tag Asst HC to help Bleft out with being a head coach??

(01-27-2022, 08:56 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Could it be possible that the Fangio interview was for the DC job with the tag Asst HC to help Bleft out with being a head coach??

There were rumours that it was for DC but who knows for sure.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-27-2022, 08:54 PM)jagboss Wrote: Why is this organization so inept at doing things correctly.Not only have they not hired a HC yet, but there's no info on anything they're doing.

So part of the ineptness is that there aren’t a million tweets on what’s happening every second??

(01-27-2022, 09:00 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 08:54 PM)jagboss Wrote: Why is this organization so inept at doing things correctly.Not only have they not hired a HC yet, but there's no info on anything they're doing.

So part of the ineptness is that there aren’t a million tweets on what’s happening every second??

Other teams,like the Broncos,Bears,Raiders and Giants soon,act quickly when they know who they want.