Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(01-29-2022, 12:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Would like to see a run at McDaniels since he's now interviewing even though someone said he's been choosy and probably told Shad he wasn't interested.  Make him interested then.  Or make Payton interested.  Outside of that I think Byron is the best candidate in the pool.  I feel like anyone else and we'll probably be doing this again next year, maybe two.

What a great idea clowning the owner in the final weeks of the season turned out to be.  You guys were really something.  Get louder, it seems to be working.

That was made out into a bigger deal than it actually was. I saw and see more of it on social media than what was reported at the actual game. With that said. 

Khan's going to do what he want's to do. He's a billionaire. He has an ego. Despite his [BLEEP] record as an owner it's ultimately his team. The real clown show hasn't started yet. That'll happen in a few weeks (depending on what happens hopefully no later than Monday at this point) when season ticket holders say "[BLEEP] it" and don't renew. 

Maybe he'll [BLEEP] get the picture and big idea then. Billionaires only understand one thing and one thing only. Profits. Hurt his pocket. Then the real clown show begins.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The groundbreaking appears to have already begun:

[Image: bhh3tmnaqbe81.png]

Regardless of who is eventually named coach, I will have permanently lost hope for this franchise if Baalke is retained as general manager. It's difficult to know which rumors regarding the head coach search are true, but the almost unanimous hate for Baalke is impossible to ignore. If he continues as general manager, Khan will have proven that those who considered him incompetent as an owner were 100% correct. When he fired Meyer, I had hope that he'd start listening more to the right people, but this whole coaching search fiasco tells me my optimism was not justified.

(01-29-2022, 12:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 12:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Would like to see a run at McDaniels since he's now interviewing even though someone said he's been choosy and probably told Shad he wasn't interested.  Make him interested then.  Or make Payton interested.  Outside of that I think Byron is the best candidate in the pool.  I feel like anyone else and we'll probably be doing this again next year, maybe two.

What a great idea clowning the owner in the final weeks of the season turned out to be.  You guys were really something.  Get louder, it seems to be working.

That was made out into a bigger deal than it actually was. I saw and see more of it on social media than what was reported at the actual game. With that said. 

Khan's going to do what he want's to do. He's a billionaire. He has an ego. Despite his [BLEEP] record as an owner it's ultimately his team. The real clown show hasn't started yet. That'll happen in a few weeks (depending on what happens hopefully no later than Monday at this point) when season ticket holders say "[BLEEP] it" and don't renew. 

Maybe he'll [BLEEP] get the picture and big idea then. Billionaires only understand one thing and one thing only. Profits. Hurt his pocket. Then the real clown show begins.

Do you not realize that when his pocket is hurt this team will be gone to another city.  Makes no difference to me but to many so called jag fans they will be upset when they no longer have a team in Jax.

yeah that is the predicament we are in. The fans don't have a lot of leverage over the situation.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022, 01:15 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-29-2022, 01:07 PM)jagman Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 12:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That was made out into a bigger deal than it actually was. I saw and see more of it on social media than what was reported at the actual game. With that said. 

Do you not realize that when his pocket is hurt this team will be gone to another city.  Makes no difference to me but to many so called jag fans they will be upset when they no longer have a team in Jax.

I am fully aware of what happens next. Or, what could happen next.

And, to be perfectly honest? It seems pretty [BLEEP] convenient and deliberate at this point does it not? I refuse to believe an owner is that out of touch with this city, it's fan base and how to get it done in the NFL. 

It doesn't make any sense outside of deliberate, self inflicted wounds to generate a "get out of jail" free card in a few years if he wants it. Also, what makes you think he would work out in another city? Who the [BLEEP] wants this [BLEEP] show of a franchise stinking it up in their city?

In this market? This economy? Where the [BLEEP] are you moving this landfill of a team? Name the location. London? Mexico? Lulz. Been hearing that forever now. That's not happening. If it was going to happen it would have already happened by now because the NFL is a multi billion dollar industry. They could have already expanded by two teams and put it out there for any investors to seep into their business. They haven't.

There's a reason for that.

Also, for the "I think people are putting too much stock into the GM position. I think people are putting Baalke on a pedestal. It's not him". Are you [BLEEP] kidding me? It's KNOWN. WELL KNOWN. IT'S PUBLIC [BLEEP] KNOWLEDGE. He's THE reason virtually NOBODY wants to [BLEEP] come here right now. How can anybody be this clueless?

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-29-2022, 12:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That was made out into a bigger deal than it actually was. I saw and see more of it on social media than what was reported at the actual game. With that said. 

Do you not realize how much money Khan has? Hahaha

(01-29-2022, 01:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 01:07 PM)jagman Wrote: Do you not realize that when his pocket is hurt this team will be gone to another city.  Makes no difference to me but to many so called jag fans they will be upset when they no longer have a team in Jax.

I am fully aware of what happens next. Or, what could happen next.

And, to be perfectly honest? It seems pretty [BLEEP] convenient and deliberate at this point does it not? I refuse to believe an owner is that out of touch with this city, it's fan base and how to get it done in the NFL. 

It doesn't make any sense outside of deliberate, self inflicted wounds to generate a "get out of jail" free card in a few years if he wants it. Also, what makes you think he would work out in another city? Who the [BLEEP] wants this [BLEEP] show of a franchise stinking it up in their city?

In this market? This economy? Where the [BLEEP] are you moving this landfill of a team? Name the location. London? Mexico? Lulz. Been hearing that forever now. That's not happening. If it was going to happen it would have already happened by now because the NFL is a multi billion dollar industry. They could have already expanded by two teams and put it out there for any investors to seep into their business. They haven't.

Also, for the "I think people are putting too much stock into the GM position. I think people are putting Baalke on a pedestal. It's not him". Are you [BLEEP] kidding me? It's KNOWN. WELL KNOWN. IT'S PUBLIC [BLEEP] KNOWLEDGE. He's THE reason virtually NOBODY wants to [BLEEP] come here right now. How can anybody be this clueless?

He didn't make billions by listening to people like you.... that's for sure....

As has been said many times, there is no way that fans can stick it to Khan financially. He is guaranteed major profit purely from the TV deals. Only about 8% of revenue comes from tickets and other game day revenue. Jerseys/memorabilia is split 32 ways so not buying that won't hurt either. Every year the franchise becomes tens and more likely hundreds of millions of dollars more valuable. There is nothing we can do financially to get his attention.

The only real impact we can have is to his ego. You think he isn't incredibly frustrated by all of this? He thought he was just going to shove Baalke down all of our throats and we were going to take it because we are good little submissive fanatics. Fighting back the way we have is the only real way we can do it that will affect anything. If he wants to withdraw into his shell like he has then he can simply go be the clown of his own personal circus, as someone aptly put earlier.

What is the difference between having no team and having a team that is a complete embarrassment? A team that wants to tell you tickets and merchandise and get your undying allegiance, only to disappoint you year after year with complete incompetence that only gets worse each year. Fans are left with no hope at all and who wants to root for a losing team that has absolutely no chance to win, because of complete and utter mismanagement? It's not like Jacksonville would be losing a winning franchise or even an average franchise. In 10 years, Khan has made this team the laughing stock of the NFL and that will continue if he keeps Baalke, therefore alienating fans and potential coaches and players that refuse to work with him. If this continues, what would Jacksonville actually be losing, if Khan threw a temper tantrum and moved the team elsewhere? If he can show that he has learned his lesson and cut out the cancer (Baalke), fans will continue to support this franchise, but he has to show good faith to the supporters of this team and prove to them that he is willing to forge a path to a winning future. That starts by making wholesale changes.

(01-29-2022, 01:30 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 01:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I am fully aware of what happens next. Or, what could happen next.

He didn't make billions by listening to people like you.... that's for sure....

No [BLEEP]. I would hope not. After all, we're just lowly, piss ant peasants to these people. I mean, we just keep buying their products. So, guess we're all the real clowns, right? 

Also. Pretty rich of you to assume you know exactly what Khan's social circle and social standing is in life. Have you personally met him? Are you in his little yacht club? Did I miss something here? 

Also, define people like "me". Dying to hear your take on me. Since you know me. Since you know Khan.

(01-29-2022, 12:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

This doesn't ever end with the owner caving to the fans though.  It's not just about what happened at the stadium.  The plan for it to happen made for discussion on ESPN.  Shad got the message.  My point is it either had no effect on his decision making or possibly an "oh you clowns want this guy fired?  Well you better learn to love him and get comfortable with him for the next 5 to 10 years then."  I don't believe he would do that completely out of spite if he was indifferent about Baalke, but I do believe it would make him much more comfortable feeling that way if his experience with Baalke to date has been positive and he already has some affinity for the guy, which, in my mind, has to be the case.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022, 02:04 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-29-2022, 02:01 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

This doesn't ever end with the owner caving to the fans though.  It's not just about what happened at the stadium.  The plan for it to happen made for discussion on ESPN.  Shad got the message.  My point is it either had no effect on his decision making or possibly an "oh you clowns want this guy fired?  Well you better learn to love him and get comfortable with him for the next 5 to 10 years then."  I don't believe he would do that completely out of spite if he was indifferent about Baalke, but I do believe it would make him much more comfortable feeling that way if his experience with Baalke to date has been positive and he already has some affinity for the guy, which, in my mind, has to be the case.

Baalke is apparently a Parcells guy. Maybe that's the affinity or appeal for him from Khan's perspective. Again, everything we all post on here is just pure speculation at this point. Nobody knows what the hell is going on inside his head except his family, his son and apparently nejagsfan.

(01-29-2022, 01:51 PM)Upper Wrote: As has been said many times, there is no way that fans can stick it to Khan financially. He is guaranteed major profit purely from the TV deals. Only about 8% of revenue comes from tickets and other game day revenue. Jerseys/memorabilia is split 32 ways so not buying that won't hurt either. Every year the franchise becomes tens and more likely hundreds of millions of dollars more valuable. There is nothing we can do financially to get his attention.

The only real impact we can have is to his ego. You think he isn't incredibly frustrated by all of this? He thought he was just going to shove Baalke down all of our throats and we were going to take it because we are good little submissive fanatics. Fighting back the way we have is the only real way we can do it that will affect anything. If he wants to withdraw into his shell like he has then he can simply go be the clown of his own personal circus, as someone aptly put earlier.

Those with this mentality have an inflated opinion of the effect they've had.  You basically hit the nail on the head with your first paragraph.  You can't hurt him financially.  If anything, you're maybe ever so slightly moving the needle for him to do the opposite of what you want.  Congratulations.

(01-29-2022, 02:05 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 01:51 PM)Upper Wrote: As has been said many times, there is no way that fans can stick it to Khan financially. He is guaranteed major profit purely from the TV deals. Only about 8% of revenue comes from tickets and other game day revenue. Jerseys/memorabilia is split 32 ways so not buying that won't hurt either. Every year the franchise becomes tens and more likely hundreds of millions of dollars more valuable. There is nothing we can do financially to get his attention.

Those with this mentality have an inflated opinion of the effect they've had.  You basically hit the nail on the head with your first paragraph.  You can't hurt him financially.  If anything, you're maybe ever so slightly moving the needle for him to do the opposite of what you want.  Congratulations.

Well, after 41 - 118, I mean, fans have to try something right?

(01-29-2022, 02:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:05 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Those with this mentality have an inflated opinion of the effect they've had.  You basically hit the nail on the head with your first paragraph.  You can't hurt him financially.  If anything, you're maybe ever so slightly moving the needle for him to do the opposite of what you want.  Congratulations.

Well, after 41 - 118, I mean, fans have to try something right?

Yeah, it's either buy tickets and/or watch on TV or don't.  Pretty simple decision.  Everything else is just rabble rabble.

(01-29-2022, 02:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 01:30 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: He didn't make billions by listening to people like you.... that's for sure....

No [BLEEP]. I would hope not. After all, we're just lowly, piss ant peasants to these people. I mean, we just keep buying their products. So, guess we're all the real clowns, right? 

Also. Pretty rich of you to assume you know exactly what Khan's social circle and social standing is in life. Have you personally met him? Are you in his little yacht club? Did I miss something here? 

Also, define people like "me". Dying to hear your take on me. Since you know me. Since you know Khan.

well the way your running your mouth you act like you know him so well and his intentions... or the fact you really have no clue how to run an NFL team or let alone a business.... but you're talking like you know exactly what to do.... so have you met him personally? No...have you bought or run an NFL team...no...so get over yourself... btw nobody is forcing you to root for this team... go to the games or buy merchandise.... I'm not saying he is or isn't making good decisions... but I'm not  running my mouth as if I know everything or can do it better... that's you

Yes, Khan can retain Baalke and hire whatever head coach is desperate enough to take the job. The Jaguars can have losing seasons for the next ten years, and those of us that understand the game and the league can go pound sand and boycott the team all we want.

The franchise will be fine.

The franchise will be fine because this isn’t Green Bay or Buffalo where fans have to sit in the freezing cold to support their team. This isn’t Pittsburgh or New England where fans expect to win. This isn’t Philadelphia or New York where the fans are rabid pit-bulls. This isn’t Los Angeles or Miami where there are dozens of better things to do in a Sunday afternoon than watch an incompetently run team play football.

People will still come to the games on Sundays because, well…why not? The weather is beautiful, tailgating is fun, tickets can are easy to come by, there will usually be at least be one NFL caliber team team playing, and there’s not much else to do except eat, drink, and/or go to the beach. If you’re just going for the experience, and you can forget the Jags even lost five minutes after you get in your car, then you’re going to have a pretty good time.

The question is if you’re the owner, the general manager, the head coach, or the players, are you really okay with being the laughing stock of the fans that know the difference between a challenge flag and a penalty flag, the media, and the rest of the league? If nothing else, the players certainly deserve better.

(01-29-2022, 02:09 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Well, after 41 - 118, I mean, fans have to try something right?

Yeah, it's either buy tickets and/or watch on TV or don't.  Pretty simple decision.  Everything else is just rabble rabble.

To clarify a bit...  pretty simple decision on paper, but as fans we're emotionally attached to the team so it's a much more difficult decision in practice.  And god knows people will be running to the television if they are in boycott mode and get a tweet that the Jags are up big in the 2nd quarter of week 1 next season.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022, 02:18 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-29-2022, 02:11 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: No [BLEEP]. I would hope not. After all, we're just lowly, piss ant peasants to these people. I mean, we just keep buying their products. So, guess we're all the real clowns, right? 

well the way your running your mouth you act like you know him so well and his intentions... or the fact you really have no clue how to run an NFL team or let alone a business.... but you're talking like you know exactly what to do.... so have you met him personally? No...have you bought or run an NFL team...no...so get over yourself... btw nobody is forcing you to root for this team... go to the games or buy merchandise.... I'm not saying he is or isn't making good decisions... but I'm not  running my mouth as if I know everything or can do it better... that's you

*You're. Guess you're one of those uneducated Peckerwood's based on how you start sentences off in lowercase format and don't know the difference between your and you're. So, there's that. 

Sounds like you're equally invested (probably not financially, based on your typing skills you're probably barely hanging by on the lower end of the middle class), except, you're on the wrong side of the argument here. 

I mean, if you're content with accepting below mediocre products. Have at it. 

For the record though. You wouldn't have the [BLEEP] stones to run your mouth to me in person, Peckerwood. 

[Image: IU8.gif]