Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(01-29-2022, 02:05 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 01:51 PM)Upper Wrote: As has been said many times, there is no way that fans can stick it to Khan financially. He is guaranteed major profit purely from the TV deals. Only about 8% of revenue comes from tickets and other game day revenue. Jerseys/memorabilia is split 32 ways so not buying that won't hurt either. Every year the franchise becomes tens and more likely hundreds of millions of dollars more valuable. There is nothing we can do financially to get his attention.

The only real impact we can have is to his ego. You think he isn't incredibly frustrated by all of this? He thought he was just going to shove Baalke down all of our throats and we were going to take it because we are good little submissive fanatics. Fighting back the way we have is the only real way we can do it that will affect anything. If he wants to withdraw into his shell like he has then he can simply go be the clown of his own personal circus, as someone aptly put earlier.

Those with this mentality have an inflated opinion of the effect they've had.  You basically hit the nail on the head with your first paragraph.  You can't hurt him financially.  If anything, you're maybe ever so slightly moving the needle for him to do the opposite of what you want.  Congratulations.

To this I Concur.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-29-2022, 02:01 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 12:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That was made out into a bigger deal than it actually was. I saw and see more of it on social media than what was reported at the actual game. With that said. 

Khan's going to do what he want's to do. He's a billionaire. He has an ego. Despite his [BLEEP] record as an owner it's ultimately his team. The real clown show hasn't started yet. That'll happen in a few weeks (depending on what happens hopefully no later than Monday at this point) when season ticket holders say "[BLEEP] it" and don't renew. 

Maybe he'll [BLEEP] get the picture and big idea then. Billionaires only understand one thing and one thing only. Profits. Hurt his pocket. Then the real clown show begins.

This doesn't ever end with the owner caving to the fans though.  It's not just about what happened at the stadium.  The plan for it to happen made for discussion on ESPN.  Shad got the message.  My point is it either had no effect on his decision making or possibly an "oh you clowns want this guy fired?  Well you better learn to love him and get comfortable with him for the next 5 to 10 years then."  I don't believe he would do that completely out of spite if he was indifferent about Baalke, but I do believe it would make him much more comfortable feeling that way if his experience with Baalke to date has been positive and he already has some affinity for the guy, which, in my mind, has to be the case.

I wasn't behind the Klown movement.  I thought it was silly and I had no interest in disrespecting khan.  But I definitely didn't fault our fellow fans for it taking it to that next level.
Sounds like you're saying the fans are to blame for this fiasco though, and that kind of sucks to hear (read) from anyone.  If Khan really has dug in to spite the fans, it really only justifies the Klown movement even further.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022, 02:51 PM by Cleatwood.)

Maybe the Khans were tired of the leaks.

They’re keeping every single topic close to the vest until they announce it. It’s been so quiet on every sides front. The Jags, Adrian Wilson, Byron…. Nothing.

The title is misleading. It should say maybe. Jags to hire coach MAYBE some time soon and we dont know who

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022, 03:12 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-29-2022, 02:05 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 01:51 PM)Upper Wrote: As has been said many times, there is no way that fans can stick it to Khan financially. He is guaranteed major profit purely from the TV deals. Only about 8% of revenue comes from tickets and other game day revenue. Jerseys/memorabilia is split 32 ways so not buying that won't hurt either. Every year the franchise becomes tens and more likely hundreds of millions of dollars more valuable. There is nothing we can do financially to get his attention.

The only real impact we can have is to his ego. You think he isn't incredibly frustrated by all of this? He thought he was just going to shove Baalke down all of our throats and we were going to take it because we are good little submissive fanatics. Fighting back the way we have is the only real way we can do it that will affect anything. If he wants to withdraw into his shell like he has then he can simply go be the clown of his own personal circus, as someone aptly put earlier.

Those with this mentality have an inflated opinion of the effect they've had.  You basically hit the nail on the head with your first paragraph.  You can't hurt him financially.  If anything, you're maybe ever so slightly moving the needle for him to do the opposite of what you want.  Congratulations.

Shad has the power, no doubt about that. He owns the ball, if he wants to start pouting and take the ball and go home there's nothign we can do about it.

That said, everyone has their point at which they are not going to keep bending over for the guy though, and I am at that point. You may not be there yet, but a lot of us are.

(01-29-2022, 02:43 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:01 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: This doesn't ever end with the owner caving to the fans though.  It's not just about what happened at the stadium.  The plan for it to happen made for discussion on ESPN.  Shad got the message.  My point is it either had no effect on his decision making or possibly an "oh you clowns want this guy fired?  Well you better learn to love him and get comfortable with him for the next 5 to 10 years then."  I don't believe he would do that completely out of spite if he was indifferent about Baalke, but I do believe it would make him much more comfortable feeling that way if his experience with Baalke to date has been positive and he already has some affinity for the guy, which, in my mind, has to be the case.

I wasn't behind the Klown movement.  I thought it was silly and I had no interest in disrespecting khan.  But I definitely didn't fault our fellow fans for it taking it to that next level.
Sounds like you're saying the fans are to blame for this fiasco though, and that kind of sucks to hear (read) from anyone.  If Khan really has dug in to spite the fans, it really only justifies the Klown movement even further.

(01-29-2022, 03:10 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:43 PM)scottyg Wrote: I wasn't behind the Klown movement.  I thought it was silly and I had no interest in disrespecting khan.  But I definitely didn't fault our fellow fans for it taking it to that next level.

Ah, fair enough.  Reading comprehension is fun!

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022, 03:17 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(01-29-2022, 03:03 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:05 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Those with this mentality have an inflated opinion of the effect they've had.  You basically hit the nail on the head with your first paragraph.  You can't hurt him financially.  If anything, you're maybe ever so slightly moving the needle for him to do the opposite of what you want.  Congratulations.

Shad has the power, no doubt about that. He owns the ball, if he wants to start pouting and take the ball and go home there's nothign we can do about it.

That said, everyone has their point at which they are not going to keep bending over for the guy though, and I am at that point. You may not be there yet, but a lot of us are.

I’ll never be a rabble rabble guy regardless of what’s going on.  It’s either be a season ticket holder (which I am), a non-season ticket holding fan that attends games infrequently but watches on tv, or not a fan of the team and likely disinterested in the NFL as well.  If/when I get to the 3rd option, I’ll disappear from these forums unceremoniously.

(01-29-2022, 02:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:11 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: well the way your running your mouth you act like you know him so well and his intentions... or the fact you really have no clue how to run an NFL team or let alone a business.... but you're talking like you know exactly what to do.... so have you met him personally? No...have you bought or run an NFL team...no...so get over yourself... btw nobody is forcing you to root for this team... go to the games or buy merchandise.... I'm not saying he is or isn't making good decisions... but I'm not  running my mouth as if I know everything or can do it better... that's you

*You're. Guess you're one of those uneducated Peckerwood's based on how you start sentences off in lowercase format and don't know the difference between your and you're. So, there's that. 

Sounds like you're equally invested (probably not financially, based on your typing skills you're probably barely hanging by on the lower end of the middle class), except, you're on the wrong side of the argument here. 

I mean, if you're content with accepting below mediocre products. Have at it. 

For the record though. You wouldn't have the [BLEEP] stones to run your mouth to me in person, Peckerwood. 

[Image: IU8.gif]

Peckerwood. Sounds like a drama series on a lower tier streaming service.

This week on Peckerwood, Pete navigates the treacherous terrain that is the Jacksonville Jaguars message board. Streaming only on Tubi.

(01-29-2022, 03:16 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 03:03 PM)Upper Wrote: Shad has the power, no doubt about that. He owns the ball, if he wants to start pouting and take the ball and go home there's nothign we can do about it.

I’ll never be a rabble rabble guy regardless of what’s going on.  It’s either be a season ticket holder (which I am), a non-season ticket holding fan that attends games infrequently but watches on tv, or not a fan of the team and likely disinterested in the NFL as well.  If/when I get to the 3rd option, I’ll disappear from these forums unceremoniously.

YES, Yes and yes.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Since Brady announced his retirement do you think this will spur Leftwich to make a deal.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022, 03:57 PM by Pick 6. Edited 1 time in total.)

Unfortunately, if Baalke is retained, that is the final straw. I will be walking away. I am not from Jacksonville, so I was more invested in the team than the city, but I feel bad for everyone from Jacksonville to have to put up with this guy even though the city gives him anything he wants. It will also be unfortunate that my only home game as a fan was a blowout loss to the Niners, but I did get to watch them whoop the Giants in Metlife. Also, Myles Jack wasn't down, so I wish we got to celebrate a championship before bozo the clown ran this team into the ground. Sadly, they will waste Lawerence's career; maybe he can fake a back injury like Ramsey.

Honestly, I was happy when Khan bought the team because his story was inspiring. A self-made billionaire who came to America with nothing. But the events of the past year and the last two weeks suggest that it was a stroke of luck, and he fell [BLEEP] backwards into his fortune.

I give props to anyone that can hang on if Baalke is retained, but after 25 plus years as a fan, enough is enough for me. I will not cheer on stupidity. If news drops that Baalke is retained, moderators can pause my account or suspend it. I will cheer on the refs and gladly save 3 hours of watching this miserable team every Sunday until Baalke and/or Shad are gone because there is no way a new owner could be as stupid as Shad.

Apologies for the rant.
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold

so Brady is retiring. That may help us land Byron. Ups the risk for him substantially if he does not land a different HC gig.

(01-29-2022, 03:56 PM)Newton Wrote: so Brady is retiring. That may help us land Byron. Ups the risk for him substantially if he does not land a different HC gig.

Haven't your heard that the problem isn't Byron. its not clear Shad wants Byron...

Or maybe leftwitch stays to get the bucs job if their head coach retires

(01-29-2022, 04:02 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 03:56 PM)Newton Wrote: so Brady is retiring. That may help us land Byron. Ups the risk for him substantially if he does not land a different HC gig.

Haven't your heard that the problem isn't Byron. its not clear Shad wants Byron...

Shad definitely wants Byron, he just wants Byron to want Baalke. We'll find out if Shad chooses Byron or Baalke.

The only positive is that Leftwich hasn't had has agent putting out info about interviews. If we hear him taking other interviews, then they are moving on or forcing Khan to make a decision.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-29-2022, 04:39 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The only positive is that Leftwich hasn't had has agent putting out info about interviews. If we hear him taking other interviews, then they are moving on or forcing Khan to make a decision.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ron-glenn/
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-29-2022, 05:37 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 04:39 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The only positive is that Leftwich hasn't had has agent putting out info about interviews. If we hear him taking other interviews, then they are moving on or forcing Khan to make a decision.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ron-glenn/
They requested 2 days ago but nothing since then. No date or anything.

Sexton represents all 3 people the Saints have interviewed. It's been heavily rumored that the Saints want to promote from within. I think the Byron request was just a favor to Sexton and their agency to try to nudge the Jags into hiring Byron expediently.