Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(01-31-2022, 01:02 PM)tomfin2022 Wrote: That report about Baalke being willing to step down if he’s the problem is the most insincere thing I’ve ever heard in my life.  If that we true, he would have stepped down already.  I don’t even know why he wants to stay so badly at this point.  He must be a narcissist.

If said he most likely told Khan that if Khan thought he was the problem he would step down but clearly Khan doesn't think Baalke is the problem which Baalke knows. It was also probably leak by Baalke.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-31-2022, 10:32 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 10:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So looks like Shad has 2 choices here:

1. Keep Baalke and hire Bevell.
2. Get rid of Baalke and hire Byron/Wilson

Can’t interview Baalkes last ditch effort in O’Connell and even if you wait, there’s not a guarantee he wants to come here. He will most likely get hired by Minnesota before then anyway.

I really wish someone did a deep dive on the worst coach hiring process ever…. This has to be at the top.

Right.

The only thing I can't understand is the silence around the Byron situation. That's the only thing that makes me remain hopeful...if the deal is off, why aren't his agents trying to put him out there on the market again? I can't believe no one is even going to interview him (and the Saints reportedly asked permission for that).
Why is that so silent from Byron side?

Other than that glimmer of hope man....a complete disaster of a process. 1 month and a half of searching and we are here reading Schefter tweeing we can't interview a guy because apparently our staff didn't even bother to interview him when they could.

Never seen anything like this before. Someone joked about it but we'll really end up with David Culley lol

Isn't the silence due to Baalke controlling communications?  I don't think I'd be inclined to hasten my own firing.  I don't know TB, and frankly don't want to.  Reading SI's MMQB and Ian Rappaport's article from Sunday speaks volumes.  The guy is just not very good at his job.

(01-31-2022, 10:32 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Right.

The only thing I can't understand is the silence around the Byron situation. That's the only thing that makes me remain hopeful...if the deal is off, why aren't his agents trying to put him out there on the market again? I can't believe no one is even going to interview him (and the Saints reportedly asked permission for that).

Last night on either this thread or another I said I was still leaning towards us hiring Leftwich.  Mostly on the premise that there was so much smoke and the fact that we had heard nothing definitive to the contrary, specifically from Leftwich’s camp.  Last night I would have said I’m probably 70/30 yes we hire Leftwich vs no.  But now that there are seemingly legitimate reports we are interviewing the guy from the Raiders, I’m feeling more 30/70.  This seems to be the first real strong evidence that something has gone awry aside from just rumors.  But like you, if things have really fallen through with Leftwich, I’m stunned we haven’t heard anything from their camp yet.  Why do they have any reason to keep things a secret and not put his name back out there trying to land a different job?  At this point I don’t think any of us really know what is happening.  I still think it is possible Leftwich is the guy, its essentially all but done and we come to find out there is a legit reason for this delay.  It’s also very possible this has been the ultimate screwup cluster of a coaching hire.

At this point, I think BL was their guy. Fell through due to the ultimatum. I think The khans really like Byron and keeping options open. With the 2 new interview requests/interview today, I think they are essentially starting over to a degree. I think they are searching for a good option and if they aren’t wowed or can’t find someone that suits him, Khan will reluctantly get rid of Baalke and go with Byron.

(01-31-2022, 02:17 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 10:32 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Right.

Last night on either this thread or another I said I was still leaning towards us hiring Leftwich.  Mostly on the premise that there was so much smoke and the fact that we had heard nothing definitive to the contrary, specifically from Leftwich’s camp.  Last night I would have said I’m probably 70/30 yes we hire Leftwich vs no.  But now that there are seemingly legitimate reports we are interviewing the guy from the Raiders, I’m feeling more 30/70.  This seems to be the first real strong evidence that something has gone awry aside from just rumors.  But like you, if things have really fallen through with Leftwich, I’m stunned we haven’t heard anything from their camp yet.  Why do they have any reason to keep things a secret and not put his name back out there trying to land a different job?  At this point I don’t think any of us really know what is happening.  I still think it is possible Leftwich is the guy, its essentially all but done and we come to find out there is a legit reason for this delay.  It’s also very possible this has been the ultimate screwup cluster of a coaching hire.

I heard somewhere that Arians has given his coaches permission to interview elsewhere even if it isn’t a promotion. If this is true, he is probably stepping down. Leftwich likely sees himself as the front runner for that job.

(01-31-2022, 02:24 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 02:17 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Last night on either this thread or another I said I was still leaning towards us hiring Leftwich.  Mostly on the premise that there was so much smoke and the fact that we had heard nothing definitive to the contrary, specifically from Leftwich’s camp.  Last night I would have said I’m probably 70/30 yes we hire Leftwich vs no.  But now that there are seemingly legitimate reports we are interviewing the guy from the Raiders, I’m feeling more 30/70.  This seems to be the first real strong evidence that something has gone awry aside from just rumors.  But like you, if things have really fallen through with Leftwich, I’m stunned we haven’t heard anything from their camp yet.  Why do they have any reason to keep things a secret and not put his name back out there trying to land a different job?  At this point I don’t think any of us really know what is happening.  I still think it is possible Leftwich is the guy, its essentially all but done and we come to find out there is a legit reason for this delay.  It’s also very possible this has been the ultimate screwup cluster of a coaching hire.

I heard somewhere that Arians has given his coaches permission to interview elsewhere even if it isn’t a promotion. If this is true, he is probably stepping down. Leftwich likely sees himself as the front runner for that job.

Arians himself said a week or so ago that he was definitely coming back and Tom Brady wouldn’t have any bearing on it.

(01-31-2022, 02:26 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 02:24 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: I heard somewhere that Arians has given his coaches permission to interview elsewhere even if it isn’t a promotion. If this is true, he is probably stepping down. Leftwich likely sees himself as the front runner for that job.

Arians himself said a week or so ago that he was definitely coming back and Tom Brady wouldn’t have any bearing on it.

Maybe Leftwich has just decided that it is better to remain the OC in Tampa, even without Brady, than to be the HC in Jacksonville under Baalke then.

The crazy thing is Uche saying that Byron still wants this job and would happily take it if Shad would just come to his senses and fire the most hated man in the sport.

Byron is too good of a human being for this franchise, he should tell Shad to kick rocks and kick [BLEEP] as the Bucs OC for another year and then take a different much better job next year.

(01-31-2022, 02:36 PM)Upper Wrote: The crazy thing is Uche saying that Byron still wants this job and would happily take it if Shad would just come to his senses and fire the most hated man in the sport.

Byron is too good of a human being for this franchise, he should tell Shad to kick rocks and kick [BLEEP] as the Bucs OC for another year and then take a different much better job next year.

In my head this is how I imagined the Nate Hackett interview went.

"So, Shad, you let that idiot Marrone fire me when I literally made that offense decent with trash WRs/QB/TE and you want me to coach your dysfunctional [BLEEP] show of a franchise with less talent than when I was there? HAH, good luck with your coaching search."

Let's remember the year after 17 we went 6-10, Nate Hackett had Minshew looking like the future. He gets canned and its all downhill, he's now a head coach of a storied franchise and likely has the pull to get Rodgers and Adams to go with him. We had that guy in our building, LOL.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 02:54 PM by tomfin2022. Edited 1 time in total.)

I kind of agree with what Jags said earlier. I think Shad wants Leftwich, but is trying to find someone he wants just as much that will play Baalke Ball with him. It’s almost like he has to prove to himself for the sake of either his conscious, his ego, or both that he truly has no other choice but to fire Balke because he’s exhausted every other avenue..

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 03:12 PM by Jags.)

The. I say, Let’s exhaust all the avenues!!! Get on with it!

[Image: hurry-hurry-up.gif]

(01-31-2022, 03:43 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: https://twitter.com/Chukwu77/status/1488...Nv9yA&s=19

https://twitter.com/Chukwu77/status/1488...6PoKcpAAAA
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 03:50 PM by SamusAranX. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/14882...yWrhw&s=19

My Sources agree, basically saying baalke is setting up these interviews. And that for whatever reason, khan initially told agents that the coach will decide baalke fate, and then when Leftwich did just that….Khan flips

Can we protest?

(01-31-2022, 03:50 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Can we protest?

Dilla (half)-joked on twitter about where the jags jurisdiction ends for the parking area at TIAA

hmmmm . . . perhaps Baalke has Khan tied up and gagged in his office. He's telling everyone that Khan is in seclusion, and all communications must go through him. That would explain some things . . .

OK, I've been watching too many episodes of Ozarks lately LOL
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-31-2022, 03:52 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 03:50 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Can we protest?

Dilla (half)-joked on twitter about where the jags jurisdiction ends for the parking area at TIAA

Baalke ia better and the best for thia franchise. Just comply and accept. The off season is mounting against doing anything. All comes down to selecting torn ACLs and rehab candidates. This is the way.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

This is a joke but probably the only thing that gets Baalke fired
----
at this point, as much as I would hate doing it, we need to get on Khan for refusing to hire 2 minorities
----