Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

Has anyone else seen that report saying Tom Brady called Khan this week on the day he retired to endorse Byron?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-02-2022, 03:24 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: Has anyone else seen that report saying Tom Brady called Khan this week on the day he retired to endorse Byron?

Link? Wouldn't surprise me though. Even with that information Khan still wouldn't flinch. At this point I am hoping it's Spielman/Pederson or Wilson/Leftwich. 

It's going to end up being Baalke/Bevell though. Watch. LOL.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-02-2022, 03:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 03:24 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: Has anyone else seen that report saying Tom Brady called Khan this week on the day he retired to endorse Byron?

Link? Wouldn't surprise me though. Even with that information Khan still wouldn't flinch. At this point I am hoping it's Spielman/Pederson or Wilson/Leftwich. 

Dilla tweeted it out this morning. I haven't found an article about it but I'll let you know if I come across it.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1488837369088327681

(02-02-2022, 03:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

It’s all over Twitter, I am not saying it’s correct but it’s interesting if true.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 03:46 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-02-2022, 03:41 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 03:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Link? Wouldn't surprise me though. Even with that information Khan still wouldn't flinch. At this point I am hoping it's Spielman/Pederson or Wilson/Leftwich. 

It’s all over Twitter, I am not saying it’s correct but it’s interesting if true.

Khan probably asked "Who is this Tom Brady guy?"
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

If the Goat is even telling you to hire Byron… Christ how is Khan this dense

(02-02-2022, 03:44 PM)MojoKing Wrote: If the Goat is even telling you to hire Byron… Christ how is Khan this dense

He's probably thinking, "Yeah? Well how many bumpers have YOU sold, bubba?"
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-02-2022, 03:40 PM)Brett Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 03:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Link? Wouldn't surprise me though. Even with that information Khan still wouldn't flinch. At this point I am hoping it's Spielman/Pederson or Wilson/Leftwich. 

Dilla tweeted it out this morning. I haven't found an article about it but I'll let you know if I come across it.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1488837369088327681

Nice. I would have asked Brady to come in as the QB coach or consultant for a cool $10M on the spot. Just for a few months. He doesn't even have to be here the whole time. Just yell at Lawrence and show him how to be great and what to look for as a QB.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Interesting take on Wilson/Leftwich and Baalke.

Apparently some think Khan is giving Baalke a chance to put something together that is better than Leftwich/Wilson..

https://twitter.com/HashTaguars/status/1...3475318785
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 04:17 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don't understand why Pederson and Spielman isn't signed. Khan won't find a better combo

Well what if we hire the goat and leftwitch...

The GOAT can maks TLaw the next GOAT Smile

(02-02-2022, 04:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I don't understand why Pederson and Spielman isn't signed. Khan won't find a better combo

Spielman EVP with Wilson GM and Leftwich HC would literally be the dream.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 04:32 PM by tomfin2022. Edited 2 times in total.)

The way Florio has connected the dots makes sense. But the dots have been so random that there are probably several ways they could be connected. Here’s my big question going off Florio’s report:

Was the Baalke sandwich with Pederson and Spielman Baalke’s idea, or did Tony put that together trying to get something that Baalke and Shad would both agree to that wouldn’t sink the franchise in the process so we can start getting down to business here?

I certainly hope Baalke hasn’t conned Shad into waiting for O’Connell. Or maybe Baalke was banking on the 49ers beating the Rams?

I like Spielman as EVP of football operations (or whatever the title is) to balance Wilson and Leftwich’s inexperience. He would be a steady hand to help guide then through choppy waters.

(02-02-2022, 04:28 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 04:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I don't understand why Pederson and Spielman isn't signed.  Khan won't find a better combo

Spielman EVP with Wilson GM and Leftwich HC would literally be the dream.

I disagree, I want Pederson over Leftwich

(02-02-2022, 04:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 04:28 PM)Upper Wrote: Spielman EVP with Wilson GM and Leftwich HC would literally be the dream.

Me too
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(02-02-2022, 04:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 04:28 PM)Upper Wrote: Spielman EVP with Wilson GM and Leftwich HC would literally be the dream.

Yep, I agree with you. I think Pederson is a great choice. Leftwich is an ok choice who gets better when you throw in others above him with experience.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

So three guys with terrible takes in their history.... Cool!

All in.

Pffffff...

Leftwich / Wilson all day. Tired of retreads - it's time for a fresh new look.

That's bad Azz if that's true. Wow

I just posted this on the other thread ...... Frangie just stated he had a good feeling it's Spielman, Baalke, and Pederson and the announcement will be Thursday or Friday.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 06:56 PM by Jag88.)

I like both possibilities. I was on the Pederson vibe for a while now. Offensive minded coach who will make sure the jags have a good offense. I also like leftwitch.