Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

I want Leftwich but I would settle for Pederson. Wouldn't be nearly as excited but he is probably my second choice.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-02-2022, 06:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I just posted this on the other thread ......  Frangie just stated he had a good feeling it's Spielman, Baalke, and Pederson and the announcement will be Thursday or Friday.

Spielman and Pederson - good.

The real question will be what Baalke's involvement will be. If he's running day to day operations of the business, he probably can't do too much damage. If he has a say in decisions regarding players (free agents, drafting, etc.) we can only hope Spielman and Pederson can overcome that.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

I think everyone thinks Spielman and Pederson would be good if Baalke is gone. If we keep that snake around then it is not good. Just about as simple as that.

(02-02-2022, 07:11 PM)Upper Wrote: I think everyone thinks Spielman and Pederson would be good if Baalke is gone. If we keep that snake around then it is not good. Just about as simple as that.

If Spielman is under Baalke I won't like it at all.  If Baalke is under Spielman and isn't making personnel decisions I don't really give a [BLEEP] even though I was hoping we would fire Baalke

I hope Frangie is wrong

I've heard so many theories and rumors I've grown numb to them.

When something happens, it happens.

Still prefer Leftwich. I think a Pederson hiring would be meh.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-02-2022, 07:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 07:11 PM)Upper Wrote: I think everyone thinks Spielman and Pederson would be good if Baalke is gone. If we keep that snake around then it is not good. Just about as simple as that.

If Spielman is under Baalke I won't like it at all.  If Baalke is under Spielman and isn't making personnel decisions I don't really give a [BLEEP] even though I was hoping we would fire Baalke
The problem is Baalke is still there, still has access to the players, agents, and media. He will leak, talk to players, etc to improve himself and be waiting for when it fails at somepoint.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(02-02-2022, 08:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 07:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Spielman is under Baalke I won't like it at all.  If Baalke is under Spielman and isn't making personnel decisions I don't really give a [BLEEP] even though I was hoping we would fire Baalke
The problem is Baalke is still there, still has access to the players, agents, and media. He will leak, talk to players, etc to improve himself and be waiting for when it fails at somepoint.

If that's your concern, you're concerning yourself with things that's out of a fans lane.

If baalke doesn't have the power to make bad personnel decisions, that's all you need worry about. There's no telling who else in that building is disagreeable and will leak information.

As long as the coach can coach and the GM can make his decisions...everything else is stuff you as a fan need not concern yourself with. Respectfully.

(02-02-2022, 07:01 PM)Dimson Wrote: I want Leftwich but I would settle for Pederson. Wouldn't be nearly as excited but he is probably my second choice.

Same Here. I would at least have some hope for the future with this set up.

(02-02-2022, 08:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 07:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Spielman is under Baalke I won't like it at all.  If Baalke is under Spielman and isn't making personnel decisions I don't really give a [BLEEP] even though I was hoping we would fire Baalke

I don't think it will fail with Pederson, Spielman, and Trevor.  I think Pederson will be adding another ring in the short future

My biggest concern with Pederson is this: Why the long wait between first and second interviews? If he interviewed well, why not interview him again a second time earlier?
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 09:19 PM by p_rushing.)

(02-02-2022, 08:13 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 08:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The problem is Baalke is still there, still has access to the players, agents, and media. He will leak, talk to players, etc to improve himself and be waiting for when it fails at somepoint.

If that's your concern, you're concerning yourself with things that's out of a fans lane.

If baalke doesn't have the power to make bad personnel decisions, that's all you need worry about. There's no telling who else in that building is disagreeable and will leak information.

As long as the coach can coach and the GM can make his decisions...everything else is stuff you as a fan need not concern yourself with. Respectfully.
It leads to people not working together and hating each other. It's not good for a team. If you can't trust the other people on your team it is going to fail fast just like with Meyer.

(02-02-2022, 08:56 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: My biggest concern with Pederson is this: Why the long wait between first and second interviews? If he interviewed well, why not interview him again a second time earlier?
2 options.

1- he said he didn't want to work with Baalke and they wrote him off so he is getting another interview
2- he had a poor interview but Khan really did give Baalke time to find someone better so Baalke is trying everyone

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 09:30 PM by JaggedSioux. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-02-2022, 09:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 08:13 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: If that's your concern, you're concerning yourself with things that's out of a fans lane.

It leads to people not working together and hating each other. It's not good for a team. If you can't trust the other people on your team it is going to fail fast just like with Meyer.

But you don't know that. You are an outsider looking in. You're only feeding off blatant speculation that is no more tangible than a fart in the wind and will pass just as quickly.
Fact is, no one knows what's going on with the Jags braintrust. But at the end of the day, they'll have a coach who will put together and guide a roster of players next fall. 
None of the other is in our hands and that's the ultimate reality.

https://twitter.com/HomeMalone/status/14...5054661644

lol
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(02-02-2022, 08:56 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: My biggest concern with Pederson is this: Why the long wait between first and second interviews? If he interviewed well, why not interview him again a second time earlier?

I saw it reported by a lot of people that the first interview was very underwhelming. I think Pederson probably thought he was going to be one of the hottest names this cycle and he showed up and half [BLEEP] the Jags interview simply because we were the only team that could interview him. Now there both Pederson and Baalke are basically down to their last options so they are circling back out of survival.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 09:51 PM by tomfin2022. Edited 1 time in total.)

My understanding is that Pederson was very lukewarm on the job because of the presence of Baalke and what he experienced in Philadelphia. I’ve been in interviews like that before. If your heart isn’t in it, it’s hard to hide it…partially because you don’t really care to.

Having said that, if I’m an employer, I want the person that’s legitimately excited about the opportunity (Leftwich) not the person I have to talk into taking the job (Pederson). The desire will overcome the inexperience. Not that I don’t think Pederson would be a great choice, but I don’t want him to take it if he really doesn’t want to be here. We saw how well that went last year.

Talks about the Jags in the 1st half and talks about Byron throughout.
https://twitter.com/RichEisenShow/status...5473509377

(02-02-2022, 09:30 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 08:56 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: My biggest concern with Pederson is this: Why the long wait between first and second interviews? If he interviewed well, why not interview him again a second time earlier?

I saw it reported by a lot of people that the first interview was very underwhelming. I think Pederson probably thought he was going to be one of the hottest names this cycle and he showed up and half [BLEEP] the Jags interview simply because we were the only team that could interview him. Now there both Pederson and Baalke are basically down to their last options so they are circling back out of survival.

Not a fan of someone who comes in, and doesn't want the job because they think they can do better elsewhere. Screams they'll leave at the first sign of tribulation. (And that will be quick, with the lack of talent on this team.) Give me the guy who wants to be here.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(02-02-2022, 09:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Talks about the Jags in the 1st half and talks about Byron throughout.
https://twitter.com/RichEisenShow/status...5473509377

To me trying to connect it to the Flores situation is unfair. Byron was offered the job first out of 12 candidates, but he asked for the GM to be fired. Has that ever been granted to a first time head coach? I mean, we let Urban pick and he gave us the disaster that is Baalke. Don’t get me wrong, I think Byron had the right idea (and I hope he proves successful), but acting like the jags did not want him is lazy reporting.

If I'm a first time coach, I'm taking the job even If i have to work with a sneak. Then you have to win inspite of the devil