Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

I want both, but I do know Fales won't make it in the NFL.  Dude just doesn't have it to me. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Van Noy's not a pass-rusher. Using him as such would be foolish.

Quote:OK, then. At least you're honest.
thats it? yeah well it is the best policy and im a little disappointed i was expecting more snarky comments from the members of the bridgewater brigade.  

Quote:The pass rushing class is strong too guys...it's not Clowney or bust. In fact, TeddyB is better than the #2 QB by more than Clowney is better than Anthony Barr. Teddy and 'franchise DE' at 33 like hopefully Quick Vic Beasley is waaaaaay better than Clowney and someone like McCarron or Murray (and y'all still gonna learn that Mettenberger is gonna be gone by 33).
i was thinking more along the lines of teddy vs best available qb who might be available at 33 and clowney vs best available de at pick 33. barr is a top 10 or top 5 pick.  so something like teddy and beasley vs. clowney and mettenberger/murray or whoever.

Quote:i was thinking more along the lines of teddy vs best available qb who might be available at 33 and clowney vs best available de at pick 33. barr is a top 10 or top 5 pick.  so something like teddy and beasley vs. clowney and mettenberger/murray or whoever.
Lol yes, that's exactly what I said in my second sentence, but I think Mettenberger is becoming a lock 1st rounder so it would be Murray/McCarron/Carr/etc and It's just not a contest I want the elite QB prospect way, way more.

Quote:Lol yes, that's exactly what I said in my second sentence, but I think Mettenberger is becoming a lock 1st rounder so it would be Murray/McCarron/Carr/etc and It's just not a contest I want the elite QB prospect way, way more.
how far off, potential wise, is mettenberger from bridgewater? is his potential enough that  taking clowney+mettenberger over teddy+beasley will be worth the consideration. 

Quote:how far off, potential wise, is mettenberger from bridgewater? is his potential enough that  taking clowney+mettenberger over teddy+beasley will be worth the consideration. 
It's still considerable. Gotta have Teddy. 

If Teddy is the #1 QB come May and we have the first pick, then you HAVE to take him. I'm tired of seeing bad QB play and I've pretty much seen it here in Jacksonville my whole life.

I'm not too worried about not selecting him though. I don't think Caldwell could be that dumb.

And I like what someone said earlier... There are also good pass rushers besides Clowney as well. Its much easier to find a good pass rusher from rounds 2-7 than it is to find your FRANCHISE QB.
Shock the world

Right now I'm all about drafting Teddy but I also think we need to slow our role and not crown him just yet.
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:Right now I'm all about drafting Teddy but I also think we need to slow our role and not crown him just yet.

Completely agree.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Right now I'm all about drafting Teddy but I also think we need to slow our role and not crown him just yet.

Fair enough.
Shock the world

This is fine, I just haven't seen anything to lead me to believe that Teddy isn't the guy yet. Based on last season and so far this season.

With Clowney, though, there are signs everywhere. UCF ran right at him and he did squat. And he's having surgery? No thank you.

Quote:This is fine, I just haven't seen anything to lead me to believe that Teddy isn't the guy yet. Based on last season and so far this season.

With Clowney, though, there are signs everywhere. UCF ran right at him and he did squat. And he's having surgery? No thank you.
i saw the ucf game, they were running on the opposite side of clowney most of the time. also its a surgery after the season, so if they can put it off for a few months and let him play, i can conclude its not as serious as you think it might be.

Quote:how far off, potential wise, is mettenberger from bridgewater? is his potential enough that  taking clowney+mettenberger over teddy+beasley will be worth the consideration. 

Why would you be willing to put the extra risk in finding a franchise QB? 2nd round QBs extremely rarely turn out to be franchise guys. Wouldnt you rather put the risk instead in finding a LEO in RD2?

Quote:Why would you be willing to put the extra risk in finding a franchise QB? 2nd round QBs extremely rarely turn out to be franchise guys. Wouldnt you rather put the risk instead in finding a LEO in RD2?
because of clowney, and im not buying into the teddy hype as of yet and also i like the potential of the late 1st/early 2nd qb prospects this year. it doesnt help that most of our 2nd round DEs lately has been complete disappointments.  and i'd like to build a defense that will keep us competitive, regardless of qb play, like the browns titans and seattle this season.

If it's not Teddy, it's going to be another QB. There is zero chance our first pick is not a QB.

TEST

Quote:Why would you be willing to put the extra risk in finding a franchise QB? 2nd round QBs extremely rarely turn out to be franchise guys. Wouldnt you rather put the risk instead in finding a LEO in RD2?

I love how people just clump all 2nd round QBs together.

1. The #33 pick is closer in value to pick 1.32 than pick 2.02.

2. This class is going to be deeper than most classes where teams had to reach for hot garbage in the 2nd round.

Quote:I love how people just clump all 2nd round QBs together.

1. The #33 pick is closer in value to pick 1.32 than pick 2.02.

2. This class is going to be deeper than most classes where teams had to reach for hot garbage in the 2nd round.

Yeah, it's a deep class assuming everyone comes out, which is far from likely.

Quote:Yeah, it's a deep class assuming everyone comes out, which is far from likely.

It's going to be a deep class regardless. It is just going to be a REALLY deep class if everyone comes out.

Quote:im not denying that qbs are more valuable. but imo clowney is the best player in the draft atm, i dont want to reach on a qb like 2011 and then the next pick is jj watt. as for now i dont think teddy is #1 overall worthy. so the value is going for the BAP.

he was the consensus #1 pick before the season started.  i need to see how the season progresses before i put teddy in the ranks of luck and peyton. luck and peyton were the consensus #1 pick before the college season started btw. teddy wasnt.
The only way to get the guy is to draft the guy. It sucks we missed on Blaine but that's the only way to end up with the next Manning /Rodgers etc...