Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:The Browns said the whole time they'd match....days ago not just a few hours ago. But continue, maybe you'll pull something patting yourself on the back. Whats your next guess? Yesterdays winning lottery numbers?

Now now TMD being a Eagles fan, wants credit even though he does not deserve any, i have not been here too long but the more i read from him/her the more i leave shaking my head. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Wait... how does having tons of cap space hurt a team when they are trying to sign a player? Having a lot of money to sign a player to a big contract is a bad thing???

Never said it hurt, but the fact that the Browns are gonna match Mack, with big contracts coming means they are gonna have to make some changes to keep all to the deals they will want.

@MaryKayCabot: #Jaguars and #Browns Alex Mack's agents are still fine-tuning the offer sheet. Not ready to be signed just yet.

Not over just yet, people

The comment they made about Cleveland may have been disinformation but we'll see.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Never said it hurt, but the fact that the Browns are gonna match Mack, with big contracts coming means they are gonna have to make some changes to keep all to the deals they will want.
I dont think it will be that hard, now once all the new deals are in place the Browns cap situation gets more tricky, but the only player making big bucks now is Joe Thomas(pending a possible Mack signing). You can also carry over cap space so not only are the Browns top 5 in cap space going into next yr, they get to roll over whatever they have left over this yr into next as well. Haden and Gordon will demand big contract, the others I am not so sure about including Cameron. The Browns should be ok this yr and next for sure, 2016 is harder to tell until contract extensions etc start rolling in.

Paying big money for a center is kind of dumb.

Quote:I dont think it will be that hard, now once all the new deals are in place the Browns cap situation gets more tricky, but the only player making big bucks now is Joe Thomas(pending a possible Mack signing). You can also carry over cap space so not only are the Browns top 5 in cap space going into next yr, they get to roll over whatever they have left over this yr into next as well. Haden and Gordon will demand big contract, the others I am not so sure about including Cameron. The Browns should be ok this yr and next for sure, 2016 is harder to tell until contract extensions etc start rolling in.
We will see what happens, i will say this i think the Browns are shooting themselves in the foot though if they sign Mack to big deals, money that could be used elsewhere, especially for a player that may not want to be a Brownie. 

Quote:I got Schefter by 8-9 hours on this....

People like to rip on me, but I know my football.  

That's why you're the clown of the board.

Quote:@MaryKayCabot: #Jaguars and #Browns Alex Mack's agents are still fine-tuning the offer sheet. Not ready to be signed just yet.

Not over just yet, people

Well, hopefully our people realize how easy their initial contract was to match and alter it. 

Quote:The comment they made about Cleveland may have been disinformation but we'll see.

Meaning what? - the comment about Mack wanting out of Cleveland or the comment attributed to Cleveland's brass saying that they'd let Mack leave if he wanted out?

Quote:Never said it hurt, but the fact that the Browns are gonna match Mack, with big contracts coming means they are gonna have to make some changes to keep all to the deals they will want.

So thats what they do lol You're not making much sense here buddy. They can sign Mack to a big contract, then restructure that said contract and still sign Gordon and Haden because they have a lot of cap space. Seems like something that will/could work.

You still said having a ton of cap space means nothing when in fact, it means a whole lot.

Quote:That's why you're the clown of the board.

I'm a clown for pointing out the truth???

Quote:I have not "reneged" on it. I still give Caldwell credit for at least targeting the right guy. Excuse me for showing some disappointment regarding the actual contract we offered him. As this story was building up to last night pre-contract they made it sound as if Caldwell/ the agent would be creative with this thing and make it really difficult for Cleveland to match which got me excited at our chances; thinking that Mack playing for the Jags next year was a legit good chance of happening. That never happened. No, the contract that we ultimately gave Mack looks like its a cake walk for Cleveland to match and yeah as a Jags fan thats a let down. Had we made an offer that was actually a bit creative and tough to match and then Cleveland still matched - well then at that point you tip your hat to the competition and say congrats, and I would have felt better at our effort. THis contract was almost as if it was a favor to Cleveland, it was so easy to match. 
Feel free to share with the board the SPECIFIC details of the ACTUAL contract offer sheet that hasn't been signed yet since you apparently have some inside information on the deal that must have come to you via the hotline installed next to the deep frier.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Wasn't the site that reported the "first contract" ProFootballTalk?

If so, it probably didn't exist.

Quote:Well, hopefully our people realize how easy their initial contract was to match and alter it. 

What "initial contract"?

;

;

Quote:So thats what they do lol You're not making much sense here buddy. They can sign Mack to a big contract, then restructure that said contract and still sign Gordon and Haden because they have a lot of cap space. Seems like something that will/could work.

You still said having a ton of cap space means nothing when in fact, it means a whole lot.
Of course they can try and re work the deal, key word try. I don't think from the sense of the brownies it makes a lot of sense to tie up money in a player who does not want to be a brownie, especially when you may have other players who are gonna want a brinks truck delivered to them.

Quote:Feel free to share with the board the SPECIFIC details of the ACTUAL contract offer sheet that hasn't been signed yet since you apparently have some inside information on the deal that must have come to you via the hotline installed next to the deep frier.

Hey, I'm just commenting on the information/ contract numbers that have been reported. Don't hate.

Quote:What "initial contract"?

The one with McDonald's fry grease splatter stains on it.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Id really like Mack, but I don't think its vital that we get him. Overpaying for an elite starting center? Of course, if it came down to it and i wouldn't complain one bit.. But lots of possibilities in the draft to grow an elite center instead of transplanting one.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I'm a clown for pointing out the truth???

The truth?

People like to rip on me, but I know my football.  

lol

Quote:Hey, I'm just commenting on the information/ contract numbers that have been reported. Don't hate.

Contract numbers and information on an offer sheet that hasn't been completed yet?  The one being crafted by the team and the player / agent? 

In other words, you're clueless just like anyone not involved in the actual negotiations, including Adam Schefter, who has been all over the place with this trying to make sure he's breaking news either way.