Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:No, not legal according to CBA - Article 9 Section 3 if memory serves.
If that is the actually article in the CBA I applaud your memory.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It all comes down to the fact that the Browns have guys who they are gonna have to pay big contracts or let walk in the next few years, and the Jaguars dont so if they match they will be losing other guys, where as we would be fine with having this money on our cap

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Drive up dat price

Quote:If that is the actually article in the CBA I applaud your memory.

Or pity lack of life

Quote:It all comes down to the fact that the Browns have guys who they are gonna have to pay big contracts or let walk in the next few years, and the Jaguars dont so if they match they will be losing other guys, where as we would be fine with having this money on our cap

This, and that after his contract pressures their cap room the next two years causing them such grief, he can then walk away from them.  They may lose players in addition to Mack, or at least be forced to structure/restructure deals to keep a guy only two seasons.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 05:50 PM by jaguarmvp.)

The New Browns are a complete joke of a franchise.  Since they came back 0 playoff births and very very few seasons close to .500.  I expect them to match if the Jaguars offered 20 million a year because bad teams like the browns continue to make bad decisions. 

The Jaguars have sucked recently but atleast we aren't the browns.

*Note the new browns not the Ravens.  The new browns have 0 ties to Paul Brown or any success before '99

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:This, and that after his contract pressures their cap room the next two years causing them such grief, he can then walk away from them.  They may lose players in addition to Mack, or at least be forced to structure/restructure deals to keep a guy only two seasons.
It's not that big of a deal. We have 31 million in cap room after this and the cap has been going up the last couple years. We also had to spend anyway to get off the cap floor.

Quote:If that is the actually article in the CBA I applaud your memory.

Yes, I was correct. Article 9 Sec. 3:

"No Consideration Between Clubs. There may be no consideration of any kind given by one Club to another Club in exchange for a Club’s decision to exercise or not to exercise its Right of First Refusal, or in exchange for a Club’s decision to submit or not to submit an Offer Sheet to a Restricted Free Agent or to make or not to make an offer to enter into a Player Contract with a Restricted Free Agent."

So, am I seeing browns fans across the internet saying stuff like " ha if the jags want him and want to make him the highest paid center in the league let them" Then saying, lol jags just negotiated for the browns"

Quote:So, am I seeing browns fans across the internet saying stuff like " ha if the jags want him and want to make him the highest paid center in the league let them" Then saying, lol jags just negotiated for the browns"
There's both. Fans that don't feel centers are that important and don't want to pay him top dollar. Then there are others like me who wanted to keep him and know how important OL is.

I heard reporting saying Browns going to match it, but that is before the contract details coming out. Any new update? The contract itself looks to me is reasonable. Not sure how it can prevent Browns not willing to match.

Quote:The New Browns are a complete joke of a franchise.  Since they came back 0 playoff births and very very few seasons close to .500.  I expect them to match if the Jaguars offered 20 million a year because bad teams like the browns continue to make bad decisions. 

The Jaguars have sucked recently but atleast we aren't the browns.

*Note the new browns not the Ravens.  The new browns have 0 ties to Paul Brown or any success before '99
Um actually the "new" Browns have made the playoffs I believe in 2002 so your statement is incorrect.

Quote:Um actually the "new" Browns have made the playoffs I believe in 2002 so your statement is incorrect.
I stand corrected.  They went 9-7 that year and lost in the wild card.  Still a horribly run franchise.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:So, am I seeing browns fans across the internet saying stuff like " ha if the jags want him and want to make him the highest paid center in the league let them" Then saying, lol jags just negotiated for the browns"

In A Nutshell we did...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:In A Nutshell we did...

NH3...
Well, yeah. That wasn't my point.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 06:51 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:@MaryKayCabot: #Jaguars and #Browns Alex Mack's agents are still fine-tuning the offer sheet. Not ready to be signed just yet.

Not over just yet, people
Hmmm maybe trying to put in clauses the Browns wouldn't want to match?

Well, just read the other stuff. Exactly what they are trying to do. If ghat is the case then Mack really doesn't want to be in cleveland.

Mack wants out of CLE, so CLE is going to overpay him and have him waste five years playing for CLE? Doesn't make sense at all.

Quote:Mack wants out of CLE, so CLE is going to overpay him and have him waste five years playing for CLE? Doesn't make sense at all.
Man what a waste getting 40 mil over 5 yrs, sign me up for that!

I will gladly not set foot in CLE for free.

ELE guys lol