Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:One should not trifle when I can make people take an extended "vacation".
Too bad I was too slow to quote your post before the edit. I like how you said "shiny" and nothing was shining. How sad.

Were you pretending you had extra powers or did they revoke it after they saw how you threaten poor lil posters like me Sad?

If it makes you feel better, sometimes I pretend I'm a leprechaun.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If it makes you feel better, sometimes I pretend I'm a leprechaun.

I have spent 5 weeks acting like I liked you, and now you tell me you don't have any pot

of gold?

When a male honey bee climaxes during sex, his testicles explode and then he dies.

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:When a male honey bee climaxes during sex, his testicles explode and then he dies.

I hate it when that happens.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I hate it when that happens.

Look on the bright side...it would only happen once. :thumbsup:

It must suck to be a bee!! You sting someone...you die, you get a little...you die! What's the up side to being a bee?? :blink:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Sailing out of Mayport to go fishing as I type this.

Fish on!

Edit: watch out for that flesh eating bacteria they are talking about in the water.

Who will be the first to make the baiting joke? 1..2..3 not it.

[Image: 2-111_zpsbc1fa119.jpg]

Quote:Sailing out of Mayport to go fishing as I type this.

How'd the fishing go?

Quote:How'd the fishing go?

An amberjack that was around 25 lbs and a pinfish.  I had them filleted at the dock and brought it home in a big ziplock bag.  My Filipino wife was most grateful.

Quote:An amberjack that was around 25 lbs and a pinfish.  I had them filleted at the dock and brought it home in a big ziplock bag.  My Filipino wife was most grateful.

Nice!

I'm not familiar with the mayport area. Did you do a charter or take out your own boat?

Honestly, I can't think of anything as mind numbingly boring as fishing. Even baseball is a party compared to fishing.

Quote:Nice!

I'm not familiar with the mayport area. Did you do a charter or take out your own boat?

It was a charter: http://www.kingneptunefishing.com/

$85 for an eight hour trip.  Keep in mind that at least three hours of that is transit time but the remaining time is still ample to get your fill of fishing.  This was my first charter trip and I hope it's the standard for others because the crew and equipment were outstanding.  I would highly recommend this charter.

The most heartbreaking part was having to throw back all the red snappers because of their protected status.  Some folks were reeling in monsters just to watch one of the crewman unhook it, deflate it (they actually deflate the swim bladders on these things like a tire), and then pitch it back overboard.  It's the law.  However, they will give someone the opportunity to quickly take a pic with it before tossing it back.  

You don't sound like a very good fisherman to me, you haven't even mentioned the beer yet.

Quote:You don't sound like a very good fisherman to me, you haven't even mentioned the beer yet.

I tell you hwut, there were some 'real' fisherman out there.  The boat pushes off at 7 a.m. sharp, that's when they cracked their first beers.  

Quote:I tell you hwut, there were some 'real' fisherman out there.  The boat pushes off at 7 a.m. sharp, that's when they cracked their first beers.

What time did you crack yours? :whistling:

7:00:01  Took him 1 second to find the beer

Quote:What time did you crack yours? :whistling:

Water only. I know, right?!

Quote:Water only. I know, right?!

So...now we know who isn't a REAL fisherman!! :whistling:

Quote:So...now we know who isn't a REAL fisherman!! :whistling:

I'm shamed. SHAMED I tell you.