Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 07:35 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:Russel Wilson was not "incorrectly scouted and valued."  The value was exactly correct.  You draft a guy as low as you can.  The red flags were real, it's just that you never know if a player will be able to transcend those negative traits that don't seem favorable in NFL projection (such as being short... not having the strongest arm as in Joe Montana, etc., etc.)

Red flags? What "red flags" did Russell Wilson have other than his height? His arm strength was never a major concern, and Wilson was off the charts mentally. He was only a third-round pick because he was two inches too short. Tom Brady is an example of a guy that was correctly scouted and happened to transform himself in the pros; Wilson was always a stud.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:most likely the pick will be teddy, but i'm sure if clowney does something towards the end of the season dont discount him being considered.

I can't even imagine what could happen to make a GM of a team with Gabbert and Chad Henne say "We will wait for a later round QB instead" as opposed to taking the best one in the draft.

Short of Clowney moving to the QB position and dominating.

TEST

Quote:Red flags? What "red flags" did Russell Wilson have other than his height? His arm strength was never a major concern, and Wilson was off the charts mentally. He was only a third-round pick because he was two inches too short. Tom Brady is an example of a guy that was correctly scouted and happened to transform himself in the pros; Wilson was always a stud.

That was the red flag.  In the NFL, height is a HUGE red flag.

As stated in his draft profile, if he were three inches taller it would have been a completely different draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/r...id=2532975

Height isn't a simple, superficial like/dislike factor.  It's very difficult to overcome.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I love how people just clump all 2nd round QBs together.

1. The #33 pick is closer in value to pick 1.32 than pick 2.02.

2. This class is going to be deeper than most classes where teams had to reach for hot garbage in the 2nd round.

If we pick first overall we wont have pick #33. We'll have pick #34
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:If we pick first overall we wont have pick #33. We'll have pick #34
How do you know another team will have the same record as us?

Quote:I can't even imagine what could happen to make a GM of a team with Gabbert and Chad Henne say "We will wait for a later round QB instead" as opposed to taking the best one in the draft.

Short of Clowney moving to the QB position and dominating.
Its possible. dude its october, i think barkley vs geno was the debate this time last year for the 1st pick and look how that ended up  :whistling:

Quote:How do you know another team will have the same record as us?

You missed the whole point of my post.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:If we pick first overall we wont have pick #33. We'll have pick #34

You have been told this before...but that is only if two teams have the same worst record.

TEST

Quote:Its possible. dude its october, i think barkley vs geno was the debate this time last year for the 1st pick and look how that ended up  :whistling:

Neither or which were close to being in the same tier as Bridgewater as an NFL prospect either. Barkley has been bashed for his weak arm since he got his first start.

TEST

Quote:You have been told this before...but that is only if two teams have the same worst record.

Got ya :thumbsup:

Quote:Neither or which were close to being in the same tier as Bridgewater as an NFL prospect either. Barkley has been bashed for his weak arm since he got his first start.
hindsight is 20/20  :whistling:

Quote:hindsight is 20/20  :whistling:

I'm not talking about hindsight. I'm talking about during their respective peak seasons. I don't recall anyone ever saying Barkley or Geno were better NFL prospects than RG3. You see it all the time with Bridgewater.

TEST

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 08:39 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'm not talking about hindsight. I'm talking about during their respective peak seasons. I don't recall anyone ever saying Barkley or Geno were better NFL prospects than RG3. You see it all the time with Bridgewater.

Yep, ....I'm more worried about the Jags screwing up the process of getting the #1 pick, i.e. winning some meaningless games down the stretch, than I am worried about Bridgewater panning out into a great NFL QB. 

Quote:I'm not talking about hindsight. I'm talking about during their respective peak seasons. I don't recall anyone ever saying Barkley or Geno were better NFL prospects than RG3. You see it all the time with Bridgewater.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/art...iffin.html

Among the handful of other articles you can find with a simple "Geno Smith RGIII" Google search. Also try "Matt Barkley Andrew Luck" Google search.

i havent seen any articles/scouts/media comparing teddy to luck or manning as have a lot of people here. if you can provide some i'd luck to read it.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 09:30 PM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:i havent seen any articles/scouts/media comparing teddy to luck or manning as have a lot of people here. if you can provide some i'd luck to read it.

I bet you've looked for ages.

Also Geno is looking like a first round QB  so far tonight.

And OptimumScouting is pretty garbage when it comes to prospect sites. They are Josh Norris on BR are ridiculous when it comes to QBs. They thought Fales would be the top QB this season.

TEST

Geno Smith tonight: 8/9 134yds  2tds with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 5th game of his NFL career.

Looks pretty first round to me.

TEST

Quote:Geno Smith tonight: 8/9 134yds  2tds with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 5th game of his NFL career.

Looks pretty first round to me.

So, wait, you still believe Geno Smith is a franchise QB?

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 09:47 PM by Jinjo.)

Quote:So, wait, you still believe Geno Smith is a franchise QB?

Why would someone change their opinion based on the first 4 games of the guys career?

Quote:So, wait, you still believe Geno Smith is a franchise QB?
Nothing he has done this year would suggest otherwise. He has been quite impressive with very subpar surround talent.