Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

Ah! I didn't realize.

Still, a win's a win.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Raise It!
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I was worried about the Darvish game, but they pulled it off. Love getting a sweep!
Reimold to the Jays.
;

I saw that. Really not liking that move.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Raise it. Sweep of Philly. Buccos are scorching right now.
;

Quote:Raise it. Sweep of Philly. Buccos are scorching right now.

And still would be outside of the playoffs if the season ended today. -_-.

Quote:And still would be outside of the playoffs if the season ended today. -_-.
Thank God this is absolutely meaningless.

Just a week ago had the season ended they'd of been in. A game behind Washington and 2 behind SF. SF significantly cooled off from their start while Pirates completely opposite. But, this is all pointless right now with over half a season to go.

;

Bal'mer lost the lead, drug the game into extra innings, then won it in the 12th. That rotation was just about done in, but they found a way to pull it out. I'm liking the resilience that the team is showing.

Beltway series time!

That one hurt! Pirates lose in 12 to a walk off in a 0-0 tie, ouch. Morton and Wainwright pitched two gems each.
;

O's score a home run off of Strasburg, then ring up six runs in the 11th to take down Washington. The beltway series is off to a nice start!

2 Nights in a row the Pirates let one slip, especially last night. Good gosh!

Bottom 9, 2 outs, full count.....Walk off homer. :mellow: Sad

;

Fish need another arm if they want to stay in the Division race,

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Raise the Jolly Roger
;

With the injuries the Cardinals and Reds are now dealing with,  the Pirates chances of reaching the post season have increased in the last few days.   The NL Central Race is shaping up as the best race in MLB this season.    Especially with the Brewers not playing well of late.   These 4 teams,  along with Washington,  Atlanta,  Los Angeles,  and San Francisco probably are the 8 teams with a realistic chance of being one of the 5 NL playoff teams this season.    Except when Clayton Kershaw has pitched of late,  there doesn't seem to be a dominant team in the NL, at least for the present.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014, 08:32 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:With the injuries the Cardinals and Reds are now dealing with,  the Pirates chances of reaching the post season have increased in the last few days.   The NL Central Race is shaping up as the best race in MLB this season.    Especially with the Brewers not playing well of late.   These 4 teams,  along with Washington,  Atlanta,  Los Angeles,  and San Francisco probably are the 8 teams with a realistic chance of being one of the 5 NL playoff teams this season.    Except when Clayton Kershaw has pitched of late,  there doesn't seem to be a dominant team in the NL, at least for the present.
Pirates playing well since may 1. Had an off series with St. Louis, luckily closed it out last night with a W. It definitely helped that the Brewers got swept by the Phillies. Need to have a good series against the Reds starting tonight

;

tigers rule...that is all

Quote:tigers rule...that is all

Looking good!

O's with another extra inning win!

Pirates Pen sucks right now. Lost a 5-1 lead last night.
;