Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:I hope the cops aren't reading this.

I pulled the trigger!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I pulled the trigger!

What kind of truck did you get for the baby? Wink
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:What kind of truck did you get for the baby? Wink

A TONKA! :teehee: :yes:

Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

Quote:I pulled the trigger!

Quote:What kind of truck did you get for the baby? Wink

Yeah, what did you get?

Actually nothing baby friendly. 2014 F-150 XLT 4X4 regular cab short bed. Black!

Quote:Actually nothing baby friendly. 2014 F-150 XLT 4X4 regular cab short bed. Black!

I think your voice just got lower.

Quote:I think your voice just got lower.

Lol. I gotta admit, I'm trying not to stare at it too much. I'm pretty excited.

So I'm sitting at a restaurant at Jax Beach and on the table is a bottle of House Recipe 'fancy tomato ketchup'.

I'm wondering what makes it fancy? It tastes like ketchup to me.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Lol. I gotta admit, I'm trying not to stare at it too much. I'm pretty excited.

Thanks, I get that a lot.

Oh, the truck!  Yeah, yeah, I bet you are happy about that.   Smile

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2014, 03:46 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Actually nothing baby friendly. 2014 F-150 XLT 4X4 regular cab short bed. Black!

Wait?....short bed meaning that ridiculously looking bed that the 4 door trucks have?.....the one that pretty much defeats the purpose of having a truck in the first place?? The one that you can barely fit a recliner in? 

[Image: David_zps00e2defc.png]

Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

I just saw the Radio Shack commercial for their screen protector offer.  The look on the teen aged son's face is priceless.  

Quote:Wait?....short bed meaning that ridiculously looking bed that the 4 door trucks have?.....the one that pretty much defeats the purpose of having a truck in the first place?? The one that you can barely fit a recliner in? 
I think the only thing we ever agreed upon was that anyone with a massive pickup truck who didn't own a ranch or wasn't working in construction was just over compensating. 

Quote:I think the only thing we ever agreed upon was that anyone with a massive pickup truck who didn't own a ranch or wasn't working in construction was just over compensating. 

He owns a business that requires a truck.  And this truck isn't really massive.  It's a standard F-150 with a crew cab and 4-wheel drive.  

Quote:He owns a business that requires a truck.  And this truck isn't really massive.  It's a standard F-150 with a crew cab and 4-wheel drive.  
I never said he didn't. I just said that if you don't own said business but do own the truck, you're just a little bit sad.

Quote:I never said he didn't. I just said that if you don't own said business but do own the truck, you're just a little bit sad.

Eh, a truck like this as a daily driver that is used occasionally for off-roading and towing is acceptable.  It's the rubes who spend thousands lifting and fitting high end parts underneath with big expensive tires and then as far as they get off road is parking in the grass.  Oh, and hangs a pair of truck nuts off the back.  THAT is the ultimate cry of insecurity.

Quote:Oh, and hangs a pair of truck nuts off the back.  THAT is the ultimate cry of insecurity.

But usually very fitting...the nuts are WAY smaller than the truck!! :thumbsup:

he 

Quote:But usually very fitting...the nuts are WAY smaller than the truck!! :thumbsup:

Back in my Navy days I walked into our phase office and asked my co-workers if they had seen the truck in the parking lot with the ridiculously realistic and large truck nuts hanging off the bumper.  I then asked them to enter a solemn pact that they should shoot me if I ever needed such a thing to remind me of my manhood.  A few seconds later a guy comes from behind a row of file cabinets in the room where a desk was located and he was apparently talking to someone.  He was fuming, red as a beet, and stalked out of the room and slammed the door.  Guess who owned the truck?  

Quote:Wait?....short bed meaning that ridiculously looking bed that the 4 door trucks have?.....the one that pretty much defeats the purpose of having a truck in the first place?? The one that you can barely fit a recliner in?
I call it short bed. 78 inch bed as opposed to 8 foot. 8 foot looks ridiculous on regular cab trucks. This one is the stocky looking trucks. I like it, to each their own I guess.

Quote:he 

Back in my Navy days I walked into our phase office and asked my co-workers if they had seen the truck in the parking lot with the ridiculously realistic and large truck nuts hanging off the bumper.  I then asked them to enter a solemn pact that they should shoot me if I ever needed such a thing to remind me of my manhood.  A few seconds later a guy comes from behind a row of file cabinets in the room where a desk was located and he was apparently talking to someone.  He was fuming, red as a beet, and stalked out of the room and slammed the door.  Guess who owned the truck?

Did he keep the danglies on it?