Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Grandma got run over by a reindeer.....

[Image: review.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Boy I remember this one time we all just laughed. That was sooooo funny, wasn't it?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Boy I remember this one time we all just laughed. That was sooooo funny, wasn't it?

My ribs hurt just thinking about it!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:My ribs hurt just thinking about it!
No, that was the other time.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:No, that was the other time.

Oh...you sure? I could have sworn it was that one...

OK, I decided to let sleeping dogs lie. I'm NOT going to contact my old GF. Bad enough some 30 YO ghost of memories came to the surface. I don't need to re-live the past........ Look forward to the future. Yes I still love her, that's why I left her alone for the last 30 years. Wanted her to be happy and content and to build a life for herself. I wanted her to have something she could have never have had with me.

Quote:OK, I decided to let sleeping dogs lie. I'm NOT going to contact my old GF. Bad enough some 30 YO ghost of memories came to the surface. I don't need to re-live the past........ Look forward to the future. Yes I still love her, that's why I left her alone for the last 30 years. Wanted her to be happy and content and to build a life for herself. I wanted her to have something she could have never have had with me.

And man, does it ever suck when you get in touch with them and they aren't the person you thought they were. Not saying that she is that way, just saying that it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I'll always have Bob Seger songs and the memories...... :yes:

Quote:OK, I decided to let sleeping dogs lie. I'm NOT going to contact my old GF. Bad enough some 30 YO ghost of memories came to the surface. I don't need to re-live the past........ Look forward to the future. Yes I still love her, that's why I left her alone for the last 30 years. Wanted her to be happy and content and to build a life for herself. I wanted her to have something she could have never have had with me.

That's probably for the best.

You will always have your memories...sometimes that's enough.

Quote:That's probably for the best.

You will always have your memories...sometimes that's enough.

Maybe, been listening to this song for 2 day straight now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqCKvUSik-I

That's good. Keep it that way. Remember its Facebook. I'm not on it but I do know it's like the phone. It's a two way street. She too, has not contacted you in 30 years

A couple of years ago I had the opportunity to talk to my old high school girlfriend on the phone.  We had lost contact with each other for 27 years.  What I remembered most about her, besides her (ahem) endowments, was her beautiful voice and cute laugh.  I played them both over in my head many times through the years. 

Welp, when I first heard her on the other end of the line I thought it was a prank.  Sadly it wasn't.  Come to find out that 27 years of smoking and a prior abusive marriage had taken a heavy toll.  The person I was talking to sounded like one someone from a 'Please stop smoking' campaign.  I was shocked.  It wasn't just the harshness of her voice, but also its defeated tone  A picture she sent me verified what I heard on the phone.  

So, the moral of the story is: indeed, you can't go back.  Stick with the memories because after this many years they will most assuredly be better than reality.   

Quote:A couple of years ago I had the opportunity to talk to my old high school girlfriend on the phone.  We had lost contact with each other for 27 years.  What I remembered most about her, besides her (ahem) endowments, was her beautiful voice and cute laugh.  I played them both over in my head many times through the years. 

Welp, when I first heard her on the other end of the line I thought it was a prank.  Sadly it wasn't.  Come to find out that 27 years of smoking and a prior abusive marriage had taken a heavy toll.  The person I was talking to sounded like one someone from a 'Please stop smoking' campaign.  I was shocked.  It wasn't just the harshness of her voice, but also its defeated tone  A picture she sent me verified what I heard on the phone.  

So, the moral of the story is: indeed, you can't go back.  Stick with the memories because after this many years they will most assuredly be better than reality.

I don't do Facebook nor do I go to reunions...my feelings are that if I didn't keep in touch with you before, it was probably for a good reason.

Maybe I'm just going through a mid-life crisis (I am 52) Some men buy sports cars, some men get trophy wifes, some men get all vain and get surgery. Me, I'm just thinking about my youth, my muscle car I had, and the only girl I ever really loved. Wasting my time thinking what might have been.

It was my fault she left. I was drunk and or high 24/7, treated her like crap near the end. She was smart getting away from me as fast as she could. 

She did call me 10 years later just to talk, can't remember what we talked about but it was pleasant.

Maybe it is best to leave it at that, think about the last time we talked on the phone, parting on good terms and not like I was 10 years prior.

Quote:I don't do Facebook nor do I go to reunions...my feelings are that if I didn't keep in touch with you before, it was probably for a good reason.

Me neither.  The opportunity presented itself after I had talked to an old buddy. She was my first love and you know what they say about those.  I was curious as to what had happened to her.  We broke up during our senior year and then I left for the Navy after graduation to see the world and never looked back. 

Quote:Maybe, been listening to this song for 2 day straight now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqCKvUSik-I

Don't do that, Drifter ... songs can break your brain. Especially when you identify with, and get lost in the concept that a memory can't be a memory without some level of reality. I didn't get this way on drugs, alcohol, and lack of self worth, alone. The world can become real lonely when you dwell in the foundation below the basement of affection that many artist portray so well. I would have been better off had I never slumped over a cold honky tonk bar as my pillow after pumping nickel upon nickel into the jukebox, listening to country song upon the last.

"Bartender, I'll have another"
"Sammy, I think you have had enough tonight"
"Let me check ... No, not yet, it still hurts"
"When you leave, Sammy, lock up behind you"

Finding yourself deeply wrapped in the "lost love, and sorrow songs" that resonates in both daydreams, and nightmares of the best love ever lost. What fool one must be? and here I am, still. The concept of getting it right if ever another chance is nothing more than limiting the future with blinding kaleidoscope eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og1QRtcWd...detailpage

Generations past, present, and future ... We all can be victims of holding ourselves down, digging our own hole, and crawling into it with a song(s) of pain ... That is all well and good, as long as you don't forget to reach outside the hole to ask someone for a helping hand to get out ... If you find yourself too injured to get out on your own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...QD5n98R_nk

We are human, aren't we? I stopped music, I stopped songs. I like it so much better this way, Drifter.

<div>I shall now return you to the previously scheduled thread. Oh great ... "My Cat Is Puking" Smile ... I think we need an ode to my cat is puking thread.
</div>

Am I the only one that declines calls from numbers that I see as familiar but cant remember who it was. Yet, I don't answer those calls just in case it's a situation like that. Or, does that mean I am the guy on the other end that doeant make contact in ( I'd say 30 yrs like homebiscuit and drifter, but I am only 31. Sorry bout your luck guys) years.?

Quote:I don't do Facebook nor do I go to reunions...my feelings are that if I didn't keep in touch with you before, it was probably for a good reason.

Same here. Face book can kiss my .....

If I haven't talked to you in years then I probably don't like you or trying to forget I knew you.

Quote:Me neither.  The opportunity presented itself after I had talked to an old buddy. She was my first love and you know what they say about those.  I was curious as to what had happened to her.  We broke up during our senior year and then I left for the Navy after graduation to see the world and never looked back.

I must be a db. The only thing I got outta that was you were a senior in hs when you had your first love. To help both situations, you seem pretty cool now.

Sorry to bring everyone on my downer.........

Memories can be joyful or painful

Think I'd rather remember the good times