Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:Can we make "Danny Donkey Stay-Cation" a thing? As in, I'll ask NYC what he's up to this weekend and he just replies "oh, you know. Doing the Danny Donkey thing."

I think that needs to happen.

Danny Donkey Stay-Cation should definitely be a "thing" for all of us more often!  It's a beautiful model of improved quality of life. 

That said  --  This weekend I stand a remote chance of DDSC stretching from Sunday at noon until Tuesday at noon. 

But I'll have to put off some stuff to pull that off properly. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm on nights now with 13 hour shifts and six day workweeks until mid-November.

I'm a long, long way from Danny Donkey stay-cation days. But boy, when I get there...

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'm on nights now with 13 hour shifts and six day workweeks until mid-November.

I'm a long, long way from Danny Donkey stay-cation days. But boy, when I get there...

That's almost like being out at sea again. Ahoy, shippy.

Quote:That's almost like being out at sea again. Ahoy, shippy.

Free The Nukes

There are parts of this job that are better than my last one though. 1. I don't have to clean the place before I leave and 2. I get overtime.

But yeah, there are enough similarities to make me a little sad.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014, 08:11 AM by RicoTx.)

My wife's aunt passed away last night. She's pretty bummed as it's the last of her parents siblings to pass. So all of the adult figures she knew growing up are gone.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:My wife's aunt passed away last night. She's pretty bummed as it's the last of her parents siblings to pass. So all of the adult figures she knew growing up are gone.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's aunt.

It sucks when all of the "adults" pass on...because now you've moved to the top of the family food chain. Sad
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I'm sorry to hear about your wife's aunt.

It sucks when all of the "adults" pass on...because now you've moved to the top of the family food chain. Sad
I've been there for a couple of years. But she had a much larger family.

Today was both good and bad.

The good: I had a ton of stuff to do at work and I blasted through it all to finish by 3PM.

The bad: I dropped some potato chips in my Jameson Irish Whiskey.

Quote:Today was both good and bad.

The good: I had a ton of stuff to do at work and I blasted through it all to finish by 3PM.

The bad: I dropped some potato chips in my Jameson Irish Whiskey.

Why are you eating chips and drinking whiskey together??

Quote:Why are you eating chips and drinking whiskey together??

Because I'm an adult and it's my turn to define what being an adult means.

If adulthood doesn't include whiskey and chips, I'm not so sure I want to dwell there anyway.

Quote:Because I'm an adult and it's my turn to define what being an adult means.

Quote:If adulthood doesn't include whiskey and chips, I'm not so sure I want to dwell there anyway.

I guess it's a normal thing then...but the combo just sounds gross to me! :yucky: Guess it's a guy thing.

I like my Scotch (Johnnie Walker) with a good Cuban Cigar. :yes:

[Image: review.jpg]

Bowling update:

They still have beer at the bowling alley.

Quote:  

I guess it's a normal thing then...but the combo just sounds gross to me! :yucky: Guess it's a guy thing.
How would you know when you've never tried.

But yeah, it wasn't very nice.

Quote:How would you know when you've never tried.

But yeah, it wasn't very nice.

Because she said it's a guy thing. Hello?

Quote:Because she said it's a guy thing. Hello?

I'm definitely not a guy! Big Grin

Quote:I'm definitely not a guy! Big Grin

I'll take Rupaul quotes for $500, Alex.

Quote:I'll take Rupaul quotes for $500, Alex.

Hey...I'm short! I'd kill for his long legs! Well...maybe in a lighter color for me! :woot:

Quote:I'm definitely not a guy! Big Grin
Proof it.