Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 01:21 AM by xJAGGYx.)

Never mind! I see mr. fantastico! Hey bud.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What up Jaggy?

How's that business formation going?

Quote:What up Jaggy?

How's that business formation going?
Yo senior!

Eh, can't complain. Going well.

More so focused on lil one right now. Got big day ahead of me today fixing up the nursery!

How's them grapes treating ya?

Totally understandable. I'm lucky, when I moved into my house, my sons room was set up pretty sweet with a bunch of murals and stuff. I never had to do a thing haha.

The crop is doing ok I think. It's been a bit of a trying harvest this year... I ran into some problems which caused some extra work but in the end I think it'll be ok. The raisins go into the USDA office in the morning, so the next week or so my nerves will be on high alert until I get my grades back.

Quote:Totally understandable. I'm lucky, when I moved into my house, my sons room was set up pretty sweet with a bunch of murals and stuff. I never had to do a thing haha.

The crop is doing ok I think. It's been a bit of a trying harvest this year... I ran into some problems which caused some extra work but in the end I think it'll be ok. The raisins go into the USDA office in the morning, so the next week or so my nerves will be on high alert until I get my grades back.
I thought you were kidding about the raisins earlier in this thread.

I'm sure they will be fine. I understand how season to season things can change. Granted, you've got it worse than I. I know whenever I'm stressing about the season, or heck, the week, things always seem to work out alright. Maybe not as good as I'd like, but they work out. Hope the raisins come back with the right grade.

Still haven't found anyone around here that sells those wines you recommended. I'm sure my wife will be dying for a glass after she gives birth to my ill' hellion.

Quote:Can someone help me scrub my brain of this image please!!! :blink:

You sissy, that wasn't even that bad!

Quote:[Image: vx0x08.jpg]

This, however, made me cringe.   :pinch:

Quote:You sissy, that wasn't even that bad!

This, however, made me cringe.   :pinch:
I agree, it was tucked in! You don't even see anything!

Quote:I agree, it was tucked in! You don't even see anything!

I don't know why I avoided this thread for so long but I apologize, this is now my favorite thread.

I would have guessed Bunnie was a tougher cookie than that.

BTW, still awaiting feedback on the one thing. I kinda had second thoughts one company stated acting shady so I dropped them and picked up another. So I, uhmmm...adjusted things in my favor. If it happens it happens, if not, well no worries.

Quote:I don't know why I avoided this thread for so long but I apologize, this is now my favorite thread.

I would have guessed Bunnie was a tougher cookie than that.
She's a softie. I said "redskins" and she flipped out!!!

Nah, this thread is the best. As far as I can figure, everything goes. Of all my warnings, none have come from this thread. Whatever you can think of, you can say and the readers of this thread are cool and will not be offended. It's a guessing game whether they will roll with it, make fun of you (in the friendly way) or call you out. It's awesome here.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 01:54 AM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:She's a softie. I said "redskins" and she flipped out!!!

Nah, this thread is the best. As far as I can figure, everything goes. Of all my warnings, none have come from this thread. Whatever you can think of, you can say and the readers of this thread are cool and will not be offended. It's a guessing game whether they will roll with it, make fun of you (in the friendly way) or call you out. It's awesome here.

Oh no you didn't!  Wait until the FCC finds out.

Hey I'm used to being made fun of, so maybe I'll feel right at home here.

This thread, on the old board, is what made me the active poster I am.

Sorry. I'll apologize for that.

Quote:Oh no you didn't!  Wait until the FCC finds out.

Hey I'm used to being made fun of, so maybe I'll feel right at home here.

Welcome home [BLEEP]!

Ha, see what I did?

Quote:Welcome home [BLEEP]!

Ha, see what I did?

No I don't...I'm blind.  Dummy.

Quote:I thought you were kidding about the raisins earlier in this thread.

I'm sure they will be fine. I understand how season to season things can change. Granted, you've got it worse than I. I know whenever I'm stressing about the season, or heck, the week, things always seem to work out alright. Maybe not as good as I'd like, but they work out. Hope the raisins come back with the right grade.

Still haven't found anyone around here that sells those wines you recommended. I'm sure my wife will be dying for a glass after she gives birth to my ill' hellion.

Thanks man, I think they'll be ok... the grapes were better this year just a much smaller crop, and then I lost a little weight in the harvesting process, so it's disappointing compared to last year where every step went virtually perfect. I know quite a few people that are going to lose money on their crop this year though, so I guess I can't complain too much. I did some treatment with them last week and today they looked pretty nice in the bins so they're going in!

I think you'll have to order those wines online :p

Quote:No I don't...I'm blind.  Dummy.

Well, then you'll believe me when I tell u that you replied to the wrong person moron!

Quote:BTW, still awaiting feedback on the one thing. I kinda had second thoughts one company stated acting shady so I dropped them and picked up another. So I, uhmmm...adjusted things in my favor. If it happens it happens, if not, well no worries.

Well I hope you get the chance to pick it back up, we need more entrepreneurs!

Quote:Well, then you'll believe me when I tell u that you replied to the wrong person moron!

You'll have to speak up, I can't hear you!

What stinks in here?

Quote:Thanks man, I think they'll be ok... the grapes were better this year just a much smaller crop, and then I lost a little weight in the harvesting process, so it's disappointing compared to last year where every step went virtually perfect. I know quite a few people that are going to lose money on their crop this year though, so I guess I can't complain too much. I did some treatment with them last week and today they looked pretty nice in the bins so they're going in!

I think you'll have to order those wines online :p
I think you're right.

Not sure how much I can relate our industries, but one thing I have learned is not to make decisions or assumptions based off my competitors( knowing people that will lose money on their crops). I've found that doing MY best work to the best of MY abilities always got me through. Just because competitor "A" took the day off due to rain didn't mean I couldn't go to work doing job (b) for client "©.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way suggesting you do "this" or "that". You know what your doing of course. Or maybe I'm completely off base and certain weather patterns throw your whole industry off.

I've had some years where I've made more than I've ever dreamed of and others where I wonder why I do what I do. But you know what? We are our own bosses. We may not get time off in summer when kids are out, or wife wants to go to where've re on vacation. But we work for ourselves. Make our own money. aND EARN IT!! And take care of our families. And it always seems to work out for the best. I'm willing to guess you'll never trade what you do now for the best paying job you've ever had. Seasons come and go, as do we.