Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 02:19 AM by xJAGGYx.)

Quote:Well I hope you get the chance to pick it back up, we need more entrepreneurs!
Upon further review, this particular endeavor can go multiply itself. I priced this once way out of their reach. They wanted way too much for way too little. If they take it, I'm totally fine with it it. If not, I don't blame them. A lot of my work is "lowest bidder". That's not exactly my business. If you want the lowest price, go elsewhere. If you want better service and better quality then I'm your guy. I just handed in my proposal for these companies, and I highly doubt I get it now, after I found out what they were really looking for.

My family will eat wait her way, so if tense guys ( I think they want cheapest price) opt not to go with jaggy then it's cool. A few weeks ago it looked like something better than what it was. Which is usually the case.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You'll have to speak up, I can't hear you!
bb4 pooted

Quote:You'll have to speak up, I can't hear you!

What??

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 02:27 AM by xJAGGYx.)

Not sure why the iPad changed words to a smiley and copyright symbol...?

I do t even know how to make those while trying...

If a male cat humps another male cat, is it still getting... Pushy?

Didn't know how else to tell that one.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 02:43 AM by xJAGGYx.)

Stop me if you've heard this before.

It was a miserable hot day in Louisiana and Mary Jane and Lois were walking down the road. Mary Jane said to Lois " I'm hot. I'd be much cooler if we took our panties off." Lois said to Mary Jane, " I dunno, I'd be too embarassed "

They walk a lil further and Mary Jane says " come on Lois, I'm hot. I'd be much cooler if we took off our panties.

Lois says " I dunno. I be too embarrassed."

They keep on walking and see an old woman sitting on her porch eat in' watermelon with her skirt hiked up to het navel with her panties off.

Mary Jane says, "let's go ask her if she coo'"

They walk up to the house and say " hey big mamma sittin' up there with yo skirt hiked up to yo navel with yo panties off eat in' watermelon, tell us, is you coo'?

Big mamma says "child...I don't know nothin' bout being coo', but it sho' do keep da flies off my watermelon.

I bowled a 139 last night, which was 75 pins below my average. I was not a happy camper.

On the bright side, they still have beer at the bowling alley.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I bowled a 139 last night, which was 75 pins below my average. I was not a happy camper.

We all have off nights, that's why the Gods invented BEER!

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:I don't know why I avoided this thread for so long but I apologize, this is now my favorite thread.

I would have guessed Bunnie was a tougher cookie than that.

We all having our breaking points I guess! Tongue
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:We all having our breaking points I guess! Tongue

Well said, Sybil.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:bb4 pooted

You weren't supposed to tell!! :verymad:

Quote:I bowled a 139 last night, which was 75 pins below my average. I was not a happy camper.

139?? Did you bowl blindfolded??

Quote:Well said, Sybil..

I'm not Sybil...Im Queen Victoria!! Sybil might show up later...

Quote:I'm not Sybil...Im Queen Victoria!! Sybil might show up later...

[Image: 33li9vn.gif]

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:139?? Did you bowl blindfolded??

That might have actually helped.

I'm going to blame it on work-related attitude issues as games 2 and 3 were where I should have been.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:bb4 pooted

Figures.  :mellow:

It sounds like you needed a couple more of those beers.  That would have helped.

Quote:I think you're right.

Not sure how much I can relate our industries, but one thing I have learned is not to make decisions or assumptions based off my competitors( knowing people that will lose money on their crops). I've found that doing MY best work to the best of MY abilities always got me through. Just because competitor "A" took the day off due to rain didn't mean I couldn't go to work doing job ( B) for client "©.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way suggesting you do "this" or "that". You know what your doing of course. Or maybe I'm completely off base and certain weather patterns throw your whole industry off.

I've had some years where I've made more than I've ever dreamed of and others where I wonder why I do what I do. But you know what? We are our own bosses. We may not get time off in summer when kids are out, or wife wants to go to where've re on vacation. But we work for ourselves. Make our own money. aND EARN IT!! And take care of our families. And it always seems to work out for the best. I'm willing to guess you'll never trade what you do now for the best paying job you've ever had. Seasons come and go, as do we.

I was too tired to respond to this last night Jaggy but we basically grow with 3 frameworks in mind. 

1) Mother Nature

2) Growing Ability

3) Market Strength

The first will give you a crop floor and a crop ceiling, the second will determine where you fall in that range, and the third basically dictates the price you will receive for that crop.

So this year, our range was 20-40% smaller than last year, and there is nothing to be done about that because obviously you can't influence weather on a large scale. So my job as a grower is to make sure I get to that 20% number and not the 40% number -- which for the most part I think I accomplished as the green grapes sat on the vine. When I laid the grapes down for raisins I think I may have lost about 3% during the drying process, which is a little more than I would have liked, so that's where the disappointment comes in because that just shouldn't happen and it's 3% of pure profit that I lost.

The third part I also have no control over so it's not even worth worrying about. What I was saying about some growers that I watched harvest green grapes, is they fell into that 40% and even a few possibly down to 50% at which point they probably are lucky to cover the cost of growing the grapes this year. So long story short, no decisions were made off the competition, in fact I usually find I do almost the opposite of a lot of other guys, but I still like to compare/observe and compete  :thumbsup:

Quote:139?? Did you bowl blindfolded??

139 would be the best game of my life. 

Quote:139 would be the best game of my life.

I have never broken 200 before...but i did get really close when we used to do couples league years ago.now I'd be lucky to break 100. But I do still have my really cute leopard print bowling ball!! :Woot:

Quote:I have never broken 200 before...but i did get really close when we used to do couples league years ago.now I'd be lucky to break 100. But I do still have my really cute leopard print bowling ball!! :woot:

I think you mean Jaguar print.