Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:Just realized I'm going to miss my second regular season home game ever. We decided to drive up to PA the weekend of the last home game. Oh well.

This is defiantly the season to do it!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Just realized I'm going to miss my second regular season home game ever. We decided to drive up to PA the weekend of the last home game. Oh well.

What was the first one?

Quote:What was the first one?
Actually, it was the home game around Christmas where the Jags had an outside shot at the playoffs if they beat the Texans. Leftwich got a concussion in the first quarter and Del Rio left him in the game until, I think, the 4th quarter. I watched from a sports bar in Pittsburgh.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:This is defiantly the season to do it!!!
Yeah. The only real issue is, that's our Christmas tailgating and I'll miss the prime rib and baked potatoes and all of the other yummy stuff.

Quote:Paul Simon.

Quote:I wasn't trying to name the quote! Big Grin

Still. I thought the song is somewhat appropriate for this thread. Then you went and Jack Handy'd me. So sad....we could have sung it together. Be the female Simon & Garfunkel. Coulda gone platinum. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Ever misdial a number and still get who you were trying to reach?

Quote:Still. I thought the song is somewhat appropriate for this thread. Then you went and Jack Handy'd me. So sad....we could have sung it together. Be the female Simon & Garfunkel. Coulda gone platinum.

I'll have to be Simon....I'm short and there's no way my stick straight hair could pull off Garfunkel!! :thumbsup:

And it just seemed like a Deep Thoughts moment by Jack Handy!! :yes:

Quote:Actually, it was the home game around Christmas where the Jags had an outside shot at the playoffs if they beat the Texans. Leftwich got a concussion in the first quarter and Del Rio left him in the game until, I think, the 4th quarter. I watched from a sports bar in Pittsburgh.

I was at that game with my Mom! No wonder the place seemed brighter.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I was at that game with my Mom! No wonder the place seemed brighter.
Because you were at the game with your mom?

That seems kind of weird.

Quote:Because you were at the game with your mom?

That seems kind of weird.

Why is that? She's a nice woman with a very pleasant personality.

But I think that it had more to do with the collective IQ being a few ticks higher that day...

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Why is that? She's a nice woman with a very pleasant personality.

But I think that it had more to do with the collective IQ being a few ticks higher that day...
I don't like ticks.

They can give you key lime disease.

So, I'm cashing in my coke cap points for some free music, Rocking to The Clash and The Ramones right now..........

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:I'll have to be Simon....I'm short and there's no way my stick straight hair could pull off Garfunkel!! :thumbsup:

And it just seemed like a Deep Thoughts moment by Jack Handy!! :yes:

That's fine. I can pull off the lesser known, fade off into semi-obscurity role once we break up. Suits my personality better. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

(To the tune of The Sound of Silence)

Hello Marijuana my old friend

I've come to toke on you again

with fingers so deftly

I roll the joint so gently

and the smoke that gathers in my brain

still remains

within the sounds of toking......

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:That's fine. I can pull off the lesser known, fade off into semi-obscurity role once we break up. Suits my personality better.

Yeah...but you get the way cooler last name!!! :thumbsup:

Quote:Ever misdial a number and still get who you were trying to reach?

The Moonlite Bunny Ranch only has one number.

Quote:The Moonlite Bunny Ranch only has one number.

1-800-....yeah, I better not go there!! :blink:

Quote:1-800-....yeah, I better not go there!! :blink:

Okay, it took me a moment ... I see what you did there.

Very Sneaky. :yes:

That code is as old as that "ixnay on the exnay" code, or even better ... "The folded paper football triangle note" code. That one that you would kick with your finger into your opponents face as he holds his fingers up in the shape of goalpost, code"

Oh wait !!! you're a girl, you just got lucky is all. Wink

Quote:Okay, it took me a moment ... I see what you did there.

Very Sneaky. :yes:

That code is as old as that "ixnay on the exnay" code, or even better ... "The folded paper football triangle note" code. That one that you would kick with your finger into your opponents face as he holds his fingers up in the shape of goalpost, code"

Oh wait !!! you're a girl, you just got lucky is all. Wink

I've played many a game of paper football!! Tongue

Quote:(To the tune of The Sound of Silence)

Hello Marijuana my old friend

I've come to toke on you again

with fingers so deftly

I roll the joint so gently

and the smoke that gathers in my brain

still remains

within the sounds of toking......

Nice, dude. Nice.