Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:Around where I grew up a lot of homes had pools, some even had indoor pools. After a while you realize why you only went swimming two or three a year.

You're in Europe....they realize that about bathing too.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Was cutting my hair last night and my 2 year old decided he wanted me to buzz his head.  Laughing  the wife wasn't to happy at first but I think I did an ok job, not to mention saved 20 bucks in the process. Best part about half way through the hair cut he looks in the mirror and starts crying, I asked him "what's wrong" and he replied "bye bye hair, my hair bye bye" Laughing  sometimes I just love having kids.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Haha, bye bye hair is right little man.

My wife got me a couple of boxes of candy for Christmas. Chocolate covered raspberry and orange gel candies. I made the mistake of opening the raspberry. Oh em gee...these are far too good. I could eat these until I barf.

I can't believe she did this to me.

Ya know how you can love and hate someone all at the same time?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:My wife got me a couple of boxes of candy for Christmas. Chocolate covered raspberry and orange gel candies. I made the mistake of opening the raspberry. Oh em gee...these are far too good. I could eat these until I barf.

I can't believe she did this to me.

Ya know how you can love and hate someone all at the same time?

I'm sorry...all I read was chocolate...did you type something else??

There is a Miami Vice marathon on today on the El Rey network...weird to see how scuzzy looking South Beach was just 30 years ago.

Well...per tradition I had a bunch of pork and black-eyed peas yesterday for good luck. I don't know about my luck but I can say one thing for sure that black-eyed peas are good for.

Let's just say that they are high in fiber...and I'll leave it at that.

A "Power" lunch huh? Sploosh!

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:Well...per tradition I had a bunch of pork and black-eyed peas yesterday for good luck. I don't know about my luck but I can say one thing for sure that black-eyed peas are good for.

Let's just say that they are high in fiber...and I'll leave it at that.
Interesting. Black eyed peas make you evacuate out one end while the Black Eyed Peas make me evacuate out the other end. 

Quote:Interesting. Black eyed peas make you evacuate out one end while the Black Eyed Peas make me evacuate out the other end.

They get you coming and going!

Played golf yesterday at the LPGA International.  

Beautiful course, unbelievable January weather, and I played adequately.

Did I mention they have beer?

Quote:Played golf yesterday at the LPGA International.  

Beautiful course, unbelievable January weather, and I played adequately.

Did I mention they have beer?

Did you have to wear a skirt?

Quote:Did you have to wear a skirt?

If he did, I hope he shaved his legs.......... :teehee: :woot:

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:If he did, I hope he shaved his legs.......... :teehee: :woot:

Maybe he was feeling European! :thumbsup:

Playing tag with my 7 and 4 year old outside just fell and heard 3 loud snaps. Pretty big lump on my foot can't put any pressure on it.

Wife's about an hour away so I'm just laying here waiting on her to come home so I can go get it checked out.

Hurts pretty bad I'm pretty sure I broke it, but I'm more embarrassed i lost the game of tag, now my 7 year old knows he can out run me lol

Quote:Playing tag with my 7 and 4 year old outside just fell and heard 3 loud snaps. Pretty big lump on my foot can't put any pressure on it.

Wife's about an hour away so I'm just laying here waiting on her to come home so I can go get it checked out.

Hurts pretty bad I'm pretty sure I broke it, but I'm more embarrassed i lost the game of tag, now my 7 year old knows he can out run me lol

Fun. I broke a metatarsal bone in my foot a few years ago when I dropped an old huge fire extinguisher on top on my foot. Hurt like a son of a gun!!

Quote:Fun. I broke a metatarsal bone in my foot a few years ago when I dropped an old huge fire extinguisher on top on my foot. Hurt like a son of a gun!!

Way back in the dark ages, I remember one vacation where we went to visit my cousins in Atlanta over the summer.  I had gone through a full year of school playing every major high school sport unscathed...football, baseball, basketball.  I broke my foot in their back yard playing badminton....badminton.  It took me years to live it it down with them.

Quote:Way back in the dark ages, I remember one vacation where we went to visit my cousins in Atlanta over the summer.  I had gone through a full year of school playing every major high school sport unscathed...football, baseball, basketball.  I broke my foot in their back yard playing badminton....badminton.  It took me years to live it it down with them.

Freak shuttlecock incedent?

well I'm home they didn't see any fractures on the Xray they said stay off it until wed. and if it's still swollen get an MRI. hopefully I dodged a bullet don't need a broken foot right now.

Quote:well I'm home they didn't see any fractures on the Xray they said stay off it until wed. and if it's still swollen get an MRI. hopefully I dodged a bullet don't need a broken foot right now.

Hopefully you didn't tear anything...that doesn't show up on Xrays.