Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Marrone new Assistant Head Coach/OL coach

Quote:isnt that the same move mularky made

But Murlarkey came off a horrific coaching job. Marrone actually did a good job.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He coached you to your first winning season since 2004. How long has it been since you guys had legitimate playoff hopes late in the season?

The new ownership wanted him to stay.

It seems a bit incredulous to read from Bills fan that he was the anchor weighing the team down.

Yeah, sounds more like well he is gone so now we should be in didn't want him anyways camp.

First thing he's gotta do is introduce the weightroom to Joeckel

Tough thing here is that I don't know if the Bills fans are butt hurt or telling the truth.

Either way... marrone had to worry about more than the OL in Buffalo. Now he can focus on just the line. Apparently he did a great job of that in NO from 06-09.

I think this is good for the Jags.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN'>[Image: KvmYdoXv_bigger.jpeg]Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/557593023379689472' title="12:38 PM - 20 Jan 2015">26m26 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">What don't people get about Marrone? He gets $4M free and clear from Bills, no matter what. He took Jags OL job because he wanted it.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>[Image: _gep2s4I_bigger.jpeg]Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/550453643632054272' title="7:49 PM - 31 Dec 2014">Dec 31</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;">Why is Doug Marrone coveted? He led <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash'>#Bills</a> to their best record in a decade, despite a sale, displacement from snow storms and no QB.

Huh

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">[Image: KvmYdoXv_bigger.jpeg]Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN  26m26 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">What don't people get about Marrone? He gets $4M free and clear from Bills, no matter what. He took Jags OL job because he wanted it.

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

[Image: _gep2s4I_bigger.jpeg]Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  Dec 31
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;">Why is Doug Marrone coveted? He led #Bills to their best record in a decade, despite a sale, displacement from snow storms and no QB.

</div>
There it is!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:No. The majority of us were dreading him and Hackett coming back. We watched him gutlessly give away games and our playoff hopes slip away. It is true that our new owner was ready for him to come back but as a fanbase, no, we were more than happy when he left. Of course we're acting mad like he's a quitter, but we are really glad he opted out.

We both know you don't really believe that.

Marrone got you you're first winning season in 10 years. Had he stuck around this season I'm sure half of your fan base would have been petitioning the city to erect a statue of him in front of your stadium.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Bills fans are so bitter it is hilarious

Quote:This is a good hire. He'll get that line in shape. I feel sorry for Luke Butkus. He got thrown into the fire with Yarno's health issues. I'm curious to see if he's kept on the staff as the assistant line coach, or if they move in a different direction, especially with the revelation that Tony Boselli is actually out there with the staff as an OL coach.
^^^this^^^^

Gotta give gus and the whole office props man.

personal alliances mean NOTHING to them.

we ARE building a winner here...

now I believe

Quote:I've talked to Bills fans and they've mentioned that having him as our O-line coach is a good thing.  The problem in Buffalo was that he's just not a good HC and was trying too hard to micromanage the O-line and butting heads with those guys.
I just dont buy him not being a good HC, fans complain about anything, the Bills havent been to the playoffs since the 90s and the guy had them with a winning record, he wasnt the one who over drafted a QB in the 1st round and traded up for a WR in a deep WR draft. He was a solid coach for a terrible franchise 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Yeah, sounds more like well he is gone so now we should be in didn't want him anyways camp.
Nope. Not even close to true. Our D was so good, I mean, maybe close to Tampa 2002 good...All 4 D lineman had about 10 sacks...that missing the playoffs was a crime. We had a decent stable of RB's and our O Line was terrible they couldn't do a thing. Marrone admitted to calling an ultra conservative game plan to take the heat off of Hackett. Our D was handed short fields time and time again and still kept us in every game. There were a handful of times he would punt on 4th and 1, inside the 50, down by 7 or less, with like 6 min to go!!! He would rely on the D all game and then, of course, the D couldn't hold up one last time and the game would be over. The difference between 11-5 and 9-7. He gets the cred, as I would assume out of town as well, but I'm telling you, he was not the reason for the improvement. We have a good up and coming GM who has been filling up our roster with talent. A gutless coach kept this team from breaking our 15 year playoff drought.  

Good start of the offseason by addressing the weakest unit on the team

They feel jilted.  The Bills had a good run this year.  Seems like a good get for the Jags:  HC of team provides best results in a decade and the next year becomes the Jags Oline coach.

Huh

Quote:No. The majority of us were dreading him and Hackett coming back. We watched him gutlessly give away games and our playoff hopes slip away. It is true that our new owner was ready for him to come back but as a fanbase, no, we were more than happy when he left. Of course we're acting mad like he's a quitter, but we are really glad he opted out.

tbh you weren't really ready for a relationship and the best part is you can really throw yourself into your work... And maybe start your painting again... Oooo Ben and jerrys 241

Best part of this hire for me is it suggests the Oc hire is pretty much lined up

can we get Orton to come in and back up BB5. and drop henne

Quote:I just dont buy him not being a good HC, fans complain about anything, the Bills havent been to the playoffs since the 90s and the guy had them with a winning record, he wasnt the one who over drafted a QB in the 1st round and traded up for a WR in a deep WR draft. He was a solid coach for a terrible franchise 
I honestly didn't watch enough to have an opinion, that's basically the consensus I got from them.  With EJ Manual and Orton though, it's a surprise they had the record they did.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 02:14 PM by FreeAgent01.)

I'd rather get Manning to come in when we hire Gase and have Bortles as the backup for a year or two.

And let's not forget to sign Julius and/or Demaryus while we are at it.

Another piece of puzzle just got slapped in place..

looking good folks

Quote:I'd rather get Manning to come in when we hire Gase and have Bortles as the backup for a year or two.

And let's not forget to sign Julius and/or Demaryus while we are at it.

Manning? No thanks. I'd rather start our young first round QB than a soon to be 39 year old who is obviously past his best.

Quote:I haven't seen a single positive comment in the PFT comments section about this hire.

Just saw TMD's comments: he likes the hire.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.