Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 12:38 AM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:When I think of Rodgers I think of those beautiful back shoulder passes and overall incredible ability to throw the ball wherever the receiver's catch radius is. That's not something I see in Teddy, but not even Manning can place the ball as well as Rodgers can.

Teddy is really accurate, but what I think makes him special is the same thing Dan Marino is famous for, which is the ability to play R-Type in the pocket with his body, maneuvering around and letting defenders fly by.

What? Teddy became the mancrush of every draftnik because he was tossing backshoulder throws like they were nothing as a 19-year-old. He's a master of it at the college level and that (plus his mobility in the pocket and adeptness at throwing on the run) is why everyone compares him to Rodgers. Don't tell me images of A-Rod don't pop into your mind every time Bridgewater squares his shoulders on a rollout.

Teddy's much more mobile than Marino but he doesn't have that hair-trigger release.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bridgewater's ability to buy himself an extra 1 to 2 seconds before having to throw is going to be huge considering the state of our offensive line.

Quote:What? Teddy became the mancrush of every draftnik because he was tossing backshoulder throws like they were nothing as a 19-year-old. He's a master of it at the college level and that (plus his mobility in the pocket and adeptness at throwing on the run) is why everyone compares him to Rodgers. Don't tell me images of A-Rod doesn't pop into your mind every time Bridgewater squares his shoulders on a rollout.

Teddy's much more mobile than Marino but he doesn't have that hair-trigger release.
I'm not saying Teddy can't make the throw, I'm saying he can't place the ball like Rodgers. In my opinion, no QB in the history of this game can place the ball like Rodgers can. It's one of the most unique things I've ever seen, and a big reason why he, for so long, created this illusion that the Packers were stacked at receiver. The difference between where Rodgers wants to throw the ball and where it actually goes is in relation to the receiver's hands is sometimes measured in centimeters rather than inches.

I guess it remains to be seen if Teddy Bridgewater can accomplish it consistently on a level that Rodgers can, but I don't think you'll ever see a QB sling it like Rodgers.

It's the things that stick out that are often the basis of my comparisons, and whenever I see that .gif that's constantly posted, I'm instantly reminded of a highlight from my childhood of when Marino did that exact move on either a Bills or Oilers defender.

But really, he's your prototypical QB, just about any comparison to a top pocket QB would probably be applicable

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I'm not saying Teddy can't make the throw, I'm saying he can't place the ball like Rodgers. In my opinion, no QB in the history of this game can place the ball like Rodgers can. It's one of the most unique things I've ever seen, and a big reason why he, for so long, created this illusion that the Packers were stacked at receiver. The difference between where Rodgers wants to throw the ball and where it actually goes is in relation to the receiver's hands is sometimes measured in centimeters rather than inches.

I guess it remains to be seen if Teddy Bridgewater can accomplish it consistently on a level that Rodgers can, but I don't think you'll ever see a QB sling it like Rodgers.

It's the things that stick out that are often the basis of my comparisons, and whenever I see that .gif that's constantly posted, I'm instantly reminded of a highlight from my childhood of when Marino did that exact move on either a Bills or Oilers defender.

But really, he's your prototypical QB, just about any comparison to a top pocket QB would probably be applicable

The Packers are, and have been, pretty stacked at receiver. That isn't an illusion.

Quote:I'm not saying Teddy can't make the throw, I'm saying he can't place the ball like Rodgers. In my opinion, no QB in the history of this game can place the ball like Rodgers can. It's one of the most unique things I've ever seen, and a big reason why he, for so long, created this illusion that the Packers were stacked at receiver. The difference between where Rodgers wants to throw the ball and where it actually goes is in relation to the receiver's hands is sometimes measured in centimeters rather than inches.

Rodgers couldn't do any of this stuff when he was 20-years-old, either. A-Rod wasn't A-Rod yet back when he was playing for Tedford.

Obviously Bridgewater isn't in Rodgers' stratosphere right now; that's impossible for an amateur quarterback, including Andrew Luck. Teddy's playing style simply reminds a lot of people of A-Rod.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 01:45 AM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:When I think of Rodgers I think of those beautiful back shoulder passes and overall incredible ability to throw the ball wherever the receiver's catch radius is. That's not something I see in Teddy, but not even Manning can place the ball as well as Rodgers can.

Teddy is really accurate, but what I think makes him special is the same thing Dan Marino is famous for, which is the ability to play R-Type in the pocket with his body, maneuvering around and letting defenders fly by.

Wat...? Teddy throws back shoulder throws all the time. He even had that huge one either against Rutgers or in the Sugar bowl. He is also very good at leading his receivers away from defenders so they don't get obliterated. Something Chad Henne is notoriously bad at.

And the rodgers comparison is from play style and arm strength.

TEST

Quote:The Packers are, and have been, pretty stacked at receiver. That isn't an illusion.

It's an eye test thing.

No one ever shares my opinion on that. Completely understandable.

Quote:Rodgers couldn't do any of this stuff when he was 20-years-old, either. A-Rod wasn't A-Rod yet back when he was playing for Tedford.

Obviously Bridgewater isn't in Rodgers' stratosphere right now; that's impossible for an amateur quarterback, including Andrew Luck. Teddy's playing style simply reminds a lot of people of A-Rod.

I'm not saying you're wrong in thinking that. I hope that's not what you got from that.

I'm just saying he reminds me more of Marino because of a single specific trait he shares with Marino that is generally considered his trademark QB superpower.

Like I said, you wouldn't be wrong in comparing him to any of the top pocket passers in the league.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Rodgers, Eli, and Ben have all won rings recently with below average offensive lines

...and the three QBs have a combined one win this season.

Telling.

Very telling.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:...and the three QBs have a combined one win this season.

Telling.

Very telling.

Ben Roethlisberger winning a Super Bowl with a below average line over four years ago is "very telling" as to the current state of his franchise?

You're the guy who thinks Eli Manning's line is "outstanding", of course.

Quote:...and the three QBs have a combined one win this season.

Telling.

Very telling.

Huh?

Please elaborate.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 11:49 AM by GreeceMonkE.)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/playe...ridgewater

STRENGTHS: Shows very good weight distribution and passing mechanics. Steps into the face of pressure and delivers, showing admirable toughness on each snap to bounce back after big hits. Smooth mobility to extend and move the pocket with the quickness to pick up yards with his legs if needed. Impressive accuracy and touch on throws to all levels of the field. Quick and efficient movements in his technique and does an excellent job with fakes, selling and focusing on the details. He is poised and with very good footwork in the pocket. Mature and grounded individual who obviously loves football. Sharp-witted and retains information extremely well. Makes it look easy on the field and appears to "get it," elevating the play of those around him.

WEAKNESSES: Although quick, Bridgewater has a lower than ideal release point with the ball shooting passed his ear. Some durability concerns after all the hits he has taken over his career, specifically to his wrist and ankle. Room to improve his touch and ball placement on downfield throws. Strong performances in big games including against Florida in the Sugar Bowl following the 2012 season, but played mediocre talent on a weekly basis in the American Athletic Conference.

COMPARES TO: Taller Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks - NFL analysts often say that if Russell Wilson was 3-4 inches taller, he would have been a first round pick. Well, that might hold true with Bridgewater who is a similar prospect as Wilson (smart, athletic, mature, accurate) except he is taller with more prototypical height for the NFL.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1825122/teddy-bridgewater'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1825122/teddy-bridgewater</a>

COMPARES TO: Taller Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks - NFL analysts often say that if Russell Wilson was 3-4 inches taller, he would have been a first round pick. Well, that might hold true with Bridgewater who is a similar prospect as Wilson (smart, athletic, mature, accurate) except he is taller with more prototypical height for the NFL.

I don't like this comparison at all. The only things they have in common is they are both black and seem to be mature beyond their years. Teddy has the potential to be a top 5 qb in this league, Wilsons ceiling isnt even close. Rodgers and Luck would be better comparisons and make a lot more sense.
Crab Cakes and Football! That's what Jacksonville does!

Quote:COMPARES TO:
Randall Cunningham ?

Quote:I don't like this comparison at all. The only things they have in common is they are both black and seem to be mature beyond their years. Teddy has the potential to be a top 5 qb in this league, Wilsons ceiling isnt even close. Rodgers and Luck would be better comparisons and make a lot more sense.

I don't think race was the motive for the comparision. I think they compare them because of the maturity and also their decision making on the field. Russell Wilson if he continues they way he has will be a better QB than Luck or RG3. Last year he threw for over 3K yards, completed more than 64% of his passes, and had 26TDs - 10 ints. The only other rookie QB to ever throw that many TDs was Peyton Manning (and he had 28 INTS his rookie year). Wilson is a legit QB so far, and this year is starting off great as well.

I get where they are going with the Wilson comparison...but there are just many better comparisons.

TEST

Luck is much more of an athlete than Teddy is right now. Teddy, IMO, has a stronger arm.

Quote:I don't think race was the motive for the comparision. I think they compare them because of the maturity and also their decision making on the field. Russell Wilson if he continues they way he has will be a better QB than Luck or RG3. Last year he threw for over 3K yards, completed more than 64% of his passes, and had 26TDs - 10 ints. The only other rookie QB to ever throw that many TDs was Peyton Manning (and he had 28 INTS his rookie year). Wilson is a legit QB so far, and this year is starting off great as well.
RG3 has better rookie number than Wilson, and he played in 1 full less game than Wilson did.

Quote:Luck is much more of an athlete than Teddy is right now. Teddy, IMO, has a stronger arm.

I'd wait for the combine for that. Supposedly he last ran a 4.5.

TEST

Quote:Huh?

Please elaborate.

Even the best QBs can't perform miracles.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Even the best QBs can't perform miracles.

Nor can a top-tier defensive end. Clearly.