Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

[Image: B9wrm_QCYAIVAfA.jpg]

Another early season picture looking back up towards the top. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: B9wrr8CCEAEmYX6.jpg]

Mostly my tractor dog and Johnsongrass seed but a little vineyard in the background

[Image: B9wrtMGCQAAz8_o.jpg]

My park at the river. The river more or less bisects the blocks of vineyard.

Quote:[Image: B9wrm_QCYAIVAfA.jpg]

Another early season picture looking back up towards the top. 
Looks like a great place.  What are those rounded tufts of land?  Oh, wait...those are hills.  :woot:

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

[Image: B9wruPJCQAAWRcB.jpg]

This is what it looks like at this time of year... pretty ugly still. Fixing end posts is actually exactly what I'm doing right now.

[Image: B9wrxE1CMAAXtU5.jpg]

A pic of Judgement Day haha i.e Harvest Day. This was a few years ago, the last time I mechanically juice harvested.

Quote:Looks like a great place.  What are those rounded tufts of land?  Oh, wait...those are hills.  :woot:
 Thanks!

Yep, we have a few mountains around here haha. I think I'm at 242ft at home and I can get above 10,000ft in about an hour!

Awesome pictures Senor, living the dream man! 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:That sucks Eric. I think the thing to do here is fire up a nice cold can of PBR and forget all your troubles.

Just got done for the day and sat down with my cold Miller light (patriotism still taking a back seat lol) 

So I'm sitting here watching The Charlie Brown Valentine's Day Special.. I've never noticed it before until now, but it seems Charlie Brown is a borderline sexual predator.. Poor little red headed girl..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:So I'm sitting here watching The Charlie Brown Valentine's Day Special.. I've never noticed it before until now, but it seems Charlie Brown is a borderline sexual predator.. Poor little red headed girl..

Yep...good ol Chuck has stalker written all over him!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Wait. 36 degrees? This isn't the Florida I signed up for.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Wait. 36 degrees? This isn't the Florida I signed up for.

Always seems like the last few weeks of Feb are the worse

Quote:Always seems like the last few weeks of Feb are the worse

February always seems like the longest month.  It never seems to end.  When I lived in the great white north February was always brutal.  At least the cold weather and snow in December made Christmas cozy, January was starting to be a drag and then February would come....and stay....for the longest 28 days a year.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:February always seems like the longest month.  It never seems to end.  When I lived in the great white north February was always brutal.  At least the cold weather and snow in December made Christmas cozy, January was starting to be a drag and then February would come....and stay....for the longest 28 days a year.

So true man, March seems like an eternity. 

Quote:Congrats DF.

I just Wiki'd your country, I didn't realize your Ag sector was so strong. Interesting!
Our local Nat Geo magazine is doing a series on food production and how are we going to feed the 9 billion people that will be on Earth in 2050. This month has a feature on the Dutch potato industry. Apparently something like 45% of potatoes grown world wide are from Dutch origins. We've also done a remarkable job of getting large yields from relatively little farmland. Of course, being in a river delta with extremely fertile soil and plenty of fresh water helps out a lot. 

Alcohol, British TV shows and poor life decisions. It's a pretty standard Saturday afternoon for me. 

Quote:Our local Nat Geo magazine is doing a series on food production and how are we going to feed the 9 billion people that will be on Earth in 2050. This month has a feature on the Dutch potato industry. Apparently something like 45% of potatoes grown world wide are from Dutch origins. We've also done a remarkable job of getting large yields from relatively little farmland. Of course, being in a river delta with extremely fertile soil and plenty of fresh water helps out a lot.

I'd be interested to see what your tomato yields are like compared to ours over here.

With the cost of land nearly tripling here over the last dozen years or so, growers here are also becoming more aware about maximizing yield on available land. It's actually raised a few subsidiary industries in the last 5 years or so.

Before it was just about whether you were profitable or not, and then you just went and bought another block of land haha.

Quote:I'd be interested to see what your tomato yields are like compared to ours over here.

With the cost of land nearly tripling here over the last dozen years or so, growers here are also becoming more aware about maximizing yield on available land. It's actually raised a few subsidiary industries in the last 5 years or so.

Before it was just about whether you were profitable or not, and then you just went and bought another block of land haha.
According to the Central Bureau of Statistics the Dutch tomato yield in 2011 was 48 kilos per square meter. That's translates to about 4,46 pounds per square feet. 

This is what I walked out in to this morning. Note, the wind chill factor

[Image: 4_zpszpvbv0e8.jpg]

Will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Glad to come back to Jax soon

[Image: review.jpg]