Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

I started that 24 page post, so I get to start it again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Depends.on 2 things. 

- Will their be a franchise type QB available in the 2nd?

- Is Bridgewater the real deal?

If Bridgewater is a can't miss franchise QB no matter how good Clowney is, we need him. 

I agree with the above post, 100%.

[Image: BUbUAPSCUAAtpn9.png]

TEST

[Image: teddy22ss_medium.gif]

TEST

can we draft two qbs?!?! mccaron in the 6th for insurance lol

Teddy.  Easy.  QB is what's holding this team back.  That and interior Oline, so guards in the rounds after.  Clowney is good, but he's not going to be worth victories like a QB is.

Quote:[Image: BUbUAPSCUAAtpn9.png]

DROOLING....

If Teddy Bridgewater is going to be a Top 10 Active QB in the NFL, and that's what Dave Caldwell thinks, then that's who he needs to take.  You don't pass on a Top 10 QB in the NFL even for the greatest Defensive End .

People seem to think he has that potential.  We'll see how the rest of the season plays out.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

This shouldn't even be a question

;

;

Quote:DROOLING....

disturbing...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:If Teddy Bridgewater is going to be a Top 10 Active QB in the NFL, and that's what Dave Caldwell thinks, then that's who he needs to take.  You don't pass on a Top 10 QB in the NFL even for the greatest Defensive End .

People seem to think he has that potential.  We'll see how the rest of the season plays out.  

We'll have to see how his NFL career plays out.  Something seems to be missing, IMO.  Something doesn't quite add up for me.  I'm more cautious than optimistic at this point.

Im still not warming up to Teddy.

Maybe if we do what Washington did a couple of years ago and select 2 QB's, ill be more comfortable.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:We'll have to see how his NFL career plays out.  Something seems to be missing, IMO.  Something doesn't quite add up for me.  I'm more cautious than optimistic at this point.
You've gone from caustic to cautious.

I like the progress.

Its the QB stupid!

Quote:You've gone from caustic to cautious.

I like the progress.

Because unlike most posters on this forum, we can look at situations objectively. We don't have to cling to something just because it is something we thought in the past.

For example, Bridgewater fans are still trying to sell the Teddy Bridgewater is an above-average running QB. He isn't. If they can't even concede that point, then it is like I'm arguing with my 5 year old nephew. 

Quote:Because unlike most posters on this forum, we can look at situations objectively. We don't have to cling to something just because it is something we thought in the past.

For example, Bridgewater fans are still trying to sell the Teddy Bridgewater is an above-average running QB. He isn't. If they can't even concede that point, then it is like I'm arguing with my 5 year old nephew. 

Plus, folks tend to repackage someone's opinion to fit their foul agenda.

I'd never said he was a bad candidate, etc., etc... I just preferred Clowney if Clowney were to come out as the prospect rated as highly as expected in that old and already worn out debate.  And, that I felt Teddy was no better candidate than several others.  But when someone has an axe to grind about that issue and about past debates, that's what happens.

Quote:You've gone from caustic to cautious.

I like the progress.

A mischaracterization, but at least it was made without insult.

Yes, I would say that's a sign of progress.

Meet the new board, same as the old board

;

;

You take the QB everytime. That's what will get you to the wins. It's more important than any positiin and you don't pass a good one up.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 03:07 PM by bleedingteal.)

@PaulKuharskyNFL: .@gregcosell on @Midday10: Peyton/best QBs compensate/camouflage Oline weaknesses. QBs make their Olines, not other way around.

In regards to a good qb can't work behind a bad o-line.