Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Ain't nothing like hiding behind a badge I guess.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ain't nothing like hiding behind a badge I guess.

No kidding!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Why is the rain bad?

Principally, I fight two diseases thought the spring and summer. Phomopsis and Powdery Mildew. Both overwinter on vine canes and when it starts heating up they start releasing spores. Phomopsis is splashed by rain onto green tissue and begins causing damage very early in the season.

PM sporulates in the air and begins doubling in population anytime the temp is between 70 and 85 degrees for 6 continuous hours. Vines are most susceptible to infestation during the bloom period through fruit set period which is generally the first week of May through mid June. This year through May it was basically a high of 85 every day and it rained 3 times.

It was pretty much a perfect storm of grape disease haha. We have a rating system for disease pressure that runs from 0-100 and it basically hit a severe level in late March and just dropped out of it last week.

Quote:Principally, I fight two diseases thought the spring and summer. Phomopsis and Powdery Mildew. Both overwinter on vine canes and when it starts heating up they start releasing spores. Phomopsis is splashed by rain onto green tissue and begins causing damage very early in the season.

PM sporulates in the air and begins doubling in population anytime the temp is between 70 and 85 degrees for 6 continuous hours. Vines are most susceptible to infestation during the bloom period through fruit set period which is generally the first week of May through mid June. This year through May it was basically a high of 85 every day and it rained 3 times.

It was pretty much a perfect storm of grape disease haha. We have a rating system for disease pressure that runs from 0-100 and it basically hit a severe level in late March and just dropped out of it last week.

So much to learn, people really have no idea how much work goes into raising each crop.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

So I broke out the pressure washer at work today and decided to pressure wash my truck. After about 20 minutes of pressure washin, I decided to shut it down and take a break.. I ended up putting my hand right on the muffler of the damn thing and now my hand looks like a piece of bubbly burnt cheese pizza.. Great stuff and now I just made myself hungry for pizza..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:So I broke out the pressure washer at work today and decided to pressure wash my truck. After about 20 minutes of pressure washin, I decided to shut it down and take a break.. I ended up putting my hand right on the muffler of the damn thing and now my hand looks like a piece of bubbly burnt cheese pizza.. Great stuff and now I just made myself hungry for pizza..

Yuck!! Didn't anyone ever tell you not to touch a hot muffler??? Those things can burn you!!!

You guys smell something cookin'?

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:You guys smell something cookin'?

Smells a little like pizza!

Well BB4, you were right, there is another move in my future. Started moving today, will be completely moved tomorrow in a sound proof apartment. Sucks that they will not be able to hook up my internet until next Monday...... I'll miss my B-day Thread on Saturday lol

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:Well BB4, you were right, there is another move in my future. Started moving today, will be completely moved tomorrow in a sound proof apartment. Sucks that they will not be able to hook up my internet until next Monday...... I'll miss my B-day Thread on Saturday lol

We will still make one for you and it will be here waiting for you when you get back online!!

And I'm a woman...of course I was right!! :thumbsup:

You're such a sweet heart BB4 Loves Ya's

[Image: review.jpg]

The dang bee guy is here :/

Thank goodness for bourbon...that is all.
Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Thank goodness for bourbon...that is all.

Does bourbon give you boobs too?

Quote:Does bourbon give you boobs too?

Idk...but I'll be sure to check the next time I go out.

Quote:Idk...but I'll be sure to check the next time I go out.

You be sure and do that...don't forget to refill your wallet first.

Quote:You be sure and do that...don't forget to refill your wallet first.

Fill it with what?

Quote:Fill it with what?

What ever needs filling.

I'm proud of me. Only had one beer with that burger

Quote:I'm proud of me. Only had one beer with that burger

Seriously? You should've had some more burgers then.