Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

Quote:I came away more impressed by Stanford's monstrous o-line. It should really be Bridgewater vs. Matthews!!
in that scenario you take teddy and you dont look back

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:in that scenario you take teddy and you dont look back

Any idea if they fixed signatures yet?

TEST

Quote:Any idea if they fixed signatures yet?
no clue but i'd rather collect close to draft time, itll be funnier lol. gonna rethink that sig too.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 03:21 PM by HeeRo.)

<p style="background-color:transparent;">Five NFL executives polled by NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah believe South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney's dip in production is only a minor concern.

"Minor concern," one executive said. "His tape is good. Ignore the dip in production. He impacts the game in a drastic way. My only concern is his makeup. We'll get more answers in that area after we meet with him and do all of our background work." As we have been saying, Clowney's statistical production has dipped for a number of reasons, but in the grand scheme of things it does not matter. Disruption is production, even if it does not show up on a box score.

<div style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"><b>Source:</b> NFL.com
Nov 13 - 12:41 PM

</div>
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">I polled five NFL executives, each with more than 10 years of scouting experience, and asked them if Clowney was the best defender in college football they had seen over the last decade. Here are their answers:

Executive No. 1: Second to none
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"Yes. I have him over Von Miller, (Ndamukong) Suh, (Darrelle) Revis and Mario Williams. He has size, speed, rare athletic ability, flexibility and explosion. He's a dominating player vs. the run and pass."

Executive No. 2: Slight edge over Super Mario
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"He's neck and neck with Mario Williams. There's no question that Clowney has created more buzz than any defensive player dating back to Charles Woodson. I guess I'll give Clowney the slight edge over Williams."

Executive No. 3: Only Suh comparable
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"Yes. Only Suh is comparable. Clowney has everything including size and production. I knew he'd go No. 1 overall since his high school film was made public."

Executive No. 4: Clowney's a game-changer
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"Hands down. Can you name a more dominant pass rusher in college during that time? I can't. He changes the game."

Executive No. 5: No one's perfect but ...
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"I don't think he's a perfect prospect, but he has rare size and speed. He's a little bit tight, but overall he's probably still the best defensive player during that period of time."

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"><b>Verdict:</b> All five executives agreed that Clowney was the best defensive player they had seen in college football over the last decade.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...ast-decade

Yeah....but a qb still has more value than a de....
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

Quote:Yeah....but a qb still has more value than a de....

It's amazing to me how so many people don't understand this.

qb over de, every day of the week

Especially a guy like teddy of a guy like clowney

[Image: tumblr_inline_mhtehsA0II1qz4rgp.gif]

true but i dont believe teddy is the next great qb prospect that alot of posters here believe.  the prospect clowney is at DE is comparable to Luck being the prospect was at QB imo. if clowney was in the same draft as luck, you take luck 10/10 times.

Teddy is going to be every bit on the level of qb that clowney is de....and TB doesn't take plays off.
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

Quote:Teddy is going to be every bit on the level of qb that clowney is de....and TB doesn't take plays off.
This, end of dicussion. 

Ill take the franchise qb who goes out there and puts forth his best effort for the team rather than the freak potential hof de who takes plays off in a contract year.

better chance for a superbowl that way anyway

Having the 1st pick doesn't guarantee Bridgewater. Nobody knows what Caldwell has in store. He may see Clowney as someone we simply can't pass up and could have his eye on another Russell Wilson type.

There is no "Russell Wilson" type. 

The only reason why Russell Wilson dropped was due to his height. 

That was literally the only thing that went against him was height, if he was 6'3 or 6'4 he would have been a top 5 pick. Over RG3 imo

You won't see that again

Why is this still a thread?

Quote:Having the 1st pick doesn't guarantee Bridgewater. Nobody knows what Caldwell has in store. He may see Clowney as someone we simply can't pass up and could have his eye on another Russell Wilson type.

"A franchise QB is the most important part of rebuilding a franchise." - Dave Caldwell.

TEST

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 02:26 PM by Raven09s.)

Quote:Having the 1st pick doesn't guarantee Bridgewater. Nobody knows what Caldwell has in store. He may see Clowney as someone we simply can't pass up and could have his eye on another Russell Wilson type.

Seattle lucked into Wilson being who he is.  You can't predict a guy like him falling to certain rounds.  If you have an opportunity to take the guy considered to be the best QB in college football, especially when you're in desperate need of a QB, then you take him.  Period.

Quote:Why is this still a thread?

It'll be a thread until and probably after the draft.  There are still people who are afraid of taking a QB high because of our team's luck with Blaine and Leftwich.  They're still stuck in the mind of Gene where you build from the lines out.  I was in that camp for a while too, until I saw the results and realized that a good QB makes a line just as much as a good line blocks for the QB.  It all starts with the QB.  Always has and always will.

Quote:Seattle lucked into Wilson being who he is.  You can't predict a guy like him falling to certain rounds.  If you have an opportunity to take the guy considered to be the best QB in college football, especially when you're in desperate need of a QB, then you take him.  Period.

It'll be a thread until and probably after the draft.  There are still people who are afraid of taking a QB high because of our team's luck with Blaine and Leftwich.  They're still stuck in the mind of Gene where you build from the lines out.  I was in that camp for a while too, until I saw the results and realized that a good QB makes a line just as much as a good line blocks for the QB.  It all starts with the QB.  Always has and always will.

The problem with their logic is that both Leftwich and Gabbert were massive reaches based on "potential" and "measurables". I think it's risky taking Mariota that high, not Bridgewater.

TEST

Quote:The problem with their logic is that both Leftwich and Gabbert were massive reaches based on "potential" and "measurables". I think it's risky taking Mariota that high, not Bridgewater.

Leftwich was one of the most productive college QB's of the early-mid 2000's. He was a Heisman finalist his senior year. He may have won it if not for his leg injury.

;

;

its just a college coache's comment dont take it as a complete evaluation like how tmd started blowing his wad over the usf coache's comment

<p style="background-color:transparent;"> 

Quote:<p style="background-color:transparent;">Temple head coach Matt Rhule, who has spent time as a coach in the NFL, would rather have Eagles QB Nick Foles than Louisville junior QB Teddy Bridgewater.

"This is no disrespect to Teddy, but I'll say Nick Foles," said Rhule. "I think you have to have accuracy and decision-making, and he (Foles) has those two things." Rhule's Temple Owls lost 30-7 to Louisville this season. We think Bridgewater has the accuracy and decision making, along with excellent pocket movement.

<div style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"> 

<b>Source:</b> CBS Philly
Nov 14 - 4:13 PM
</div>