Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Time to fire Gus?
Yes
No
Let this season play out regardless of how bad it gets.
[Show Results]

The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED)

deleted threads for everyone. mods are going ham. no voice 4 u

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dont feel bad. He can put this charade to rest whenever he wants.

I don't. He just needs to tell Dave, "Either you fire gus tomorrow or you are both gone at the end of the year without a playoff birth".

Why?  He's got a huge yacht, more money than he can possibly spend in a lifetime. 

I feel bad for the fans.  They deserve a better product on the field than this.  

The Jags have let their fans down and its time for fans to start voting with their wallets and let the Jags organization know this kind of laziness and half-hearted attempt is unacceptable. 

Quote:Potential...but that is not talent...at best we have good #2 WRs...Yeldon is unimpressive...Bortles is average...LJ is a joke of a LT...the best players we have drafted are Linder and Smith...ones a guard and the other is an undersized LB...

I'm not defending the franchise, Bradley needs to go.  I have seen (IMO) Caldwell improve as a GM so I'm not convinced he needs to go.  I believe that a competent HC would have had at least double the wins Bradley has had (Bradley has 8 so far so a different coach would/could have 16).  Let that sink in lol.

why are we blaming Gus Bradley for this?

Im not saying Gus hasn't any to blame for this team - BUT this ones not on him....

- 3 missed field goals that were game winners on the kickers leg? Yup.

- Play calling suspect in the 2nd half.. again? Yup.

- Showing no faith in your team on a 4th and short (ever) showing you got no balls? Yup... okay Gus

I think heavily we blame the kicker and inability as an offense to convert field goals or punts in points given decent field position was the Achilles heel today, but in no way shape or form does Gus deserve the grunt of blame on this one... sorry.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 04:56 PM by rocdee.)

Quote:why are we blaming Gus Bradley for this?

Im not saying Gus hasn't any to blame for this team - BUT this ones not on him....

- Showing no faith in your team on a 4th and short (ever) showing you got no balls? Yup... okay Gus

I think heavily we blame the kicker and inability as an offense to convert field goals or punts in points given decent field position was the Achilles heel today, but in no way shape or form does Gus deserve the grunt of blame on this one... sorry.
another blind guy here ^^^

notice he didn't mention the penalties which reflects an undisciplined team which falls on his savior Bradley

[Image: BhvCzsFIgAEPiog.jpg]

- Showing no faith in your team on a 4th and short (ever) showing you got no balls? Yup... okay Gus

This one is drunk on the Gus juice.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

So what your saying is we need 3 more years of building. Got it.

Quote:I said it when they were hired, and I'll say it again. Dave and Gus go together. Take a look at the depth chart. Look at the roster. This team is filled with majority of guys that Dave brought in. I can only think of Poz, Lewis, and Tyson as hold overs. This is Dave's team, as much as Gus.

Receivers can't shake man-to-man coverage. Kickers can't hit when the game on the line. Defense can't stop a 40 year old quarterback. 13 points against a defense that has given up 27, 20, and 33 in the first three games despite getting an extra two possessions in overtime.

This seat is officially hot, IMO. And a loss to Tampa Bay and blowout loss vs. the Bills in London would make it feel like June in October.

I couldn't agree more, this type of ineptitude falls on both the GM and coach.

Coaches are responsible, whether they take responsibility or not is irrelevant.

7 wins in 3 seasons

The lack of discipline and overall sloppy play falls on the coach and his staff. Myers shouldn't have even been in position to kick game winners, but we let Indy hang around the whole game.

Quote:<div>
I just had two threads deleted by a mod, or a group of mods in the last 15 minutes alone. Apparently they must not like criticism of Gus on this MB.

</div>

Quote:<div>
I just had two threads deleted by a mod, or a group of mods in the last 15 minutes alone. Apparently they must not like criticism of Gus on this MB.

</div>

You guys are posting in a threads that's already about Gus' firing to complain about them deleting a thread about Gus' firing? They were deleted because you had the opportunity to do that. They don't want the whole front page to be multiple threads on the same topic.

Quote:I'm not defending the franchise, Bradley needs to go. I have seen (IMO) Caldwell improve as a GM so I'm not convinced he needs to go. I believe that a competent HC would have had at least double the wins Bradley has had (Bradley has 8 so far so a different coach would/could have 16). Let that sink in lol.

I am not disputing that...but after 3 off seasons AND 3 drafts you would think we would have one true difference maker...but we don't.

Quote:I said wait until the end of the season to fire Gus. I change my mind. Fire that clown now. I don't want him leading this team anymore, even if a losing season is inevitable.

So sick of it.
A losing season is inevitable with Gus in charge, so give someone else a chance. Maybe Marrone can spark this team. The bills were 9-7 with a bad offense lasy year.

I'm sure Gus is just as tired as the rest of us about losing.

So let's get him a chair and let him take a break.  Here... how about this one:

[Image: fire-chair-15077393.jpg]

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

guys, I get it... your frustrated and I am too!

but do not let your frustration attack anothers knowledge or understanding of whats going on.. I got big shoulders, I can take everyones comments and not hash out about it on the internet... im just saying that this ones on the kicker, ignore everything else for a second.

What if... that field goal at the end of regulation goes in?

What if.... that field goal In O.Time goes in?

Noone is [BLEEP] about Gus being fired, atleast for week... get real. ( lol )

After a Loss: 

"I liked the effort out there"

"We need to execute better out there"

"We'll review the tapes" (I love this one)

"We need to play with more intensity" (or something like that)

"We showed a lot of progress"

"I can see a lot of improvement"

After a Win:

"WE BELIEVE IN VICTORY! WE BELIEVE IN VICTORY! WE BELIEVE IN VICTORY!"

Which one do you think he'll try to use?