Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Time to fire Gus?
Yes
No
Let this season play out regardless of how bad it gets.
[Show Results]

The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED)

Quote:Everything else??

I want FBT to give me an honest answer as to why, once again, we lose a game we should have easily won if Gus is gonna call this team "built".
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

that video clip is awesome, its definitely got some parts in there that Gus would absolutely say... cant wait till the presser today! Ha ha ha.

I've defended this new staff and preached giving it time. But today's game was the tell-tell. We should be 2-2 and leading the division. But bad coaching and bad preparation caused another loss. Nothing has changed and nothing is changing. Therefore, we must make changes....

GO JAGS!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Gus deserves a good bit of the blame imo.  I think he's overwhelmed by being the head coach.  His choices in coordinators are mostly underwhelming too.  Caldwell has put together some talent.  It's not cream of the crop talent yet.  But remember that his first draft was a pretty weak draft class, and most of the players we got rid of with maybe one or two exceptions weren't that good elsewhere.  

Gus will get the blame, and he's far from perfect. But Dave did him no favors by giving him an extremely young team (keep in mind that Dave didn't even spend big money on free-agency until this season)

Luke

Cyp

Blake

Lee/Arob

Fowler

Yeldon

Those are our top 1/2nd round picks in three years that Dave has been the GM.

Dave's FA acquisitions:

Gerhart

Beadles

Odrick

House

Julius

These players acquired through high money free-agency and top 2 picks in the draft? These are supposed to be our core players. Do any of these players scare another team? (maybe Julius, but he's hurt).

When in 3 years your GM has not drafted or signed a player that you KNOW will be a cornerstone of your franchise...this is the mess that you end up...regardless of your coach.

hundreds of dollars in jersey s to donate to goodwill,,

hope they sell for nothing

'we have to regroup and learn'.... c'mon Gus, your records skipping now.

Quote:Gus will get the blame, and he's far from perfect. But Dave did him no favors by giving him an extremely young team (keep in mind that Dave didn't even spend big money on free-agency until this season)

Luke

Cyp

Blake

Lee/Arob

Fowler

Yeldon

Those are our top 1/2nd round picks in three years that Dave has been the GM.

Dave's FA acquisitions:

Gerhart

Beadles

Odrick

House

Julius

These players acquired through high money free-agency and top 2 picks in the draft? These are supposed to be our core players. Do any of these players scare another team? (maybe Julius, but he's hurt).

When in 3 years your GM has not drafted or signed a player that you KNOW will be a cornerstone of your franchise...this is the mess that you end up...regardless of your coach.

We got 13 points in the first half. Why couldn't we get 13 points in the second half?

Being young means you can only play one half?

968-550

That is the point differential since Gus Bradley has taken over.  If we break it down to the second half we can see Bradley's team get outscored 3:1.  This is historically bad and pathetic.  It's time to go cause it can't get worse.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

stop it speedy g

pocket your duckets

I think a mid season change this early is a quick surrender, but this team needs an offensive mind at the helm.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:And that could happen, although the Texans are as awful as us.

I wouldn't count on it. They have a pass rush, and are better than us in every offensive category.

Bradwell needs to go. The talent and coaching is not there

One thing I have to say about Gus is he never appears to be working the refs like other coaches. We get called for a dozen penalties and Gus is not working the refs. Good coaches are working them all the time. Gus seems to just stand there watching the guys in the huddle as though he's counting to make sure there are not 12 men.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

I think Cyprien is better than you guys think, I do think House is a good corner, I think Dante will make an impact when he's healthy as well as Julius.... Blake is improving compared to last year, Yeldon has struggled but he's going to be okay

I would say those guys are people a defense worries about...

Caldwell needs to fire Bradley to save himself

Quote:I think Cyprien is better than you guys think, I do think House is a good corner, I think Dante will make an impact when he's healthy as well as Julius.... Blake is improving compared to last year, Yeldon has struggled but he's going to be okay

Cyp hasn;t been very good, but he played well today. Dante? Who knows, I'd love to say he'll scare teams, but we can't coz he's hurt. You know who is already starting to scare tackles? Beasley because of his explosion off the edge. Maybe he's not a full time DE, and time will tell. But he's already showing that his pass rush ability thanks to that first step is something to account for. 

House? Yeah, he's so scary that just about every team we've played has tested him deep. He won some, lost some. But to say that teams are worried of him? Come on. Teams are worried of Sherman. They are worried of prime Revis or Peterson in Arizona. Nobody's losing sleep over Davon House lol.

Quote:Caldwell needs to fire Bradley to save himself

And I think this is ultimately what will happen. Though IMO, if I was Khan, I wouldn't allow it. If Gus goes, you both go.

Quote:I think Cyprien is better than you guys think, I do think House is a good corner, I think Dante will make an impact when he's healthy as well as Julius.... Blake is improving compared to last year, Yeldon has struggled but he's going to be okay

Honestly man, I don't want to run down your opinion, but I just am baffled on how you can think anyone on our offense worries any nfl defense. We got 13 points today on a baaad defense. Mariaota got 30 on this same group last week. We got 13.

Nobody is worried about us.

I want the old helmets back.....

Quote:One thing I have to say about Gus is he never appears to be working the refs like other coaches. We get called for a dozen penalties and Gus is not working the refs. Good coaches are working them all the time. Gus seems to just stand there watching the guys in the huddle as though he's counting to make sure there are not 12 men.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

Thanks for the laugh chief.  Laughing beats crying.  I lost my watching partner mid-point last year.  My wife would love to watch football with me again but the Jaguars just don't bring any excitement.

Yeah I just don't know what the deal is with Gus.  I really thought he would improve when the team gel'd a little and the talent level was bought up.  It sure looks like we have some players and pieces ready to go.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.