Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:Well, I do like eating Bunnies

:blink:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well, I do like eating Bunnies

Quote: :blink:

Yeah, chocolate ones, I bite the ears off :teehee: :yes:

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:Yeah, chocolate ones, I bite the ears off :teehee: :yes:

Poor little bunny ears!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

<span>It is pretty bad when u r reading red neck statuses and u keep saying i done that before </span>

Quote:<span>It is pretty bad when u r reading red neck statuses and u keep saying i done that before </span>
Everyone does stupid stuff in their life. The difference is realizing you did something stupid.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 04:17 PM by The Drifter.)

Weather Delay in Chicago Now this!!!!!!

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AmyJacobson'><span>Amy Jacobson </span> @<b>AmyJacobson</b></a>

Was just told by Soldier Field employee that concessions were stopped because TOO MUCH beer was being sold.

Quote:Weather Delay in Chicago Now this!!!!!!

<span>Amy Jacobson </span> @<b>AmyJacobson</b>

Was just told by Soldier Field employee that concessions were stopped because TOO MUCH beer was being sold.
Understandable, a bunch of drunk people cooped up with nothing to do is a recipe for disaster.

FYI, the cabanas are pretty cool. Don't spend your own money on it buy either go in on it with 20 friends or get them from your company if you can like my wife did. Jim, our cabana guy, never let our beers get empty before giving us more. I must've had about 10 before the game. We were able to go back at halftime to get more food and beer but I didn't want to miss the second half kickoff so we just got some food and beer and sodas from the consecceions. Cabana servive was AMAZING! Didn't think about a tip before we went, but since the service was so great we gave Jim 20 bucks and informed his boss that Jim was so good. Food was free to us and tasted fine, but if I paid the 2500 I think I would want better food than what they provided. I can't complain there. Overall, it was a nice experience. Would do again in same circumstances.

Quote:FYI, the cabanas are pretty cool. Don't spend your own money on it buy either go in on it with 20 friends or get them from your company if you can like my wife did. Jim, our cabana guy, never let our beers get empty before giving us more. I must've had about 10 before the game. We were able to go back at halftime to get more food and beer but I didn't want to miss the second half kickoff so we just got some food and beer and sodas from the consecceions. Cabana servive was AMAZING! Didn't think about a tip before we went, but since the service was so great we gave Jim 20 bucks and informed his boss that Jim was so good. Food was free to us and tasted fine, but if I paid the 2500 I think I would want better food than what they provided. I can't complain there. Overall, it was a nice experience. Would do again in same circumstances.

You had 10 beers before half time and you're still able to post?  You're a better man than me. 

Quote:You had 10 beers before half time and you're still able to post?  You're a better man than me. 

Rookie!

Quote:Rookie!

I must be.  After that much beer I could probably post, but it would be even more unintelligible than they are now. 

Quote:You had 10 beers before half time and you're still able to post? You're a better man than me.
I used to be an alcoholic. 12-15 a night at least used to be the norm for me. I was bad. Used to go to work when I worked for "the man" the next day as if nothing happened. I rolled my truck into a ditch and totaled it after drinking for 13 hours straight that one day and none of the the officers that I talked to even thought about giving me a field sobriety test. I was arrested. Wasn't guilty of what they arrested me for but was guilty of a DUI had they even tried it. Didn't even get a ticket for the wreck. I guess I can hold it well. I don really drink often now but when I do I make a point to spread them out rather than chug and repeat like I used to.

I even had two 16oz bottles when I got home. Go me?

Quote:I used to be an alcoholic. 12-15 a night at least used to be the norm for me. I was bad. Used to go to work when I worked for "the man" the next day as if nothing happened. I rolled my truck into a ditch and totaled it after drinking for 13 hours straight that one day and none of the the officers that I talked to even thought about giving me a field sobriety test. I was arrested. Wasn't guilty of what they arrested me for but was guilty of a DUI had they even tried it. Didn't even get a ticket for the wreck. I guess I can hold it well. I don really drink often now but when I do I make a point to spread them out rather than chug and repeat like I used to.

I even had two 16oz bottles when I got home. Go me?

You know what they say, once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.  If you can control it without chronic problems then maybe you're not as bad off as you think.  

Quote:You know what they say, once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.  If you can control it without chronic problems then maybe you're not as bad off as you think.
That was about five or six years ago. I went two years straight without a drink. After the arrest I lost pretty much everything I had except my parents and gf(now my wife). I was about as close to rock bottom as I ever want to experience. It was time for a new beginning and new life. After being involved in a wreck I should've died in, faced 20 yrs in prison for something I didn't do, lost my job and all my friends that bailed on me a change in my life became very easy to do at that point. The first drink I had afterwards was a glass of wine I reluctantly drank at home with my wife after we bought our house two years after the incident. That drink taught me another lesson. You can enjoy a drink without taking it too far. For about another year or so after that, I only had one drink every now and then. Probably every other week or so. Since then, I made a point to drink one one an hour if I was planning on having a few or more. Now, I know my limits. I know what I can and can't do now. Things I didn't care to learn or understand when I was younger. I'm not going to say what I did today was "responsible". But, I will say I know my limits. Today was my wife's first Jag game. There's no way I would take it too far and ruin her experience. I wouldn't want to do that to her or to myself. She doesn't like football. But she and I had a great time together at the game today. I know coming on here saying I had "x" amount and I was fine to...do whatever sounds ridiculous. I'm not saying it didn't phase me one bit, but I definitely wasn't messed up by any means either. I'm the worlds worst person to try to explain my thoughts. Hope that clarity's it a bit. I'm not a big drinker anymore usually I only drink a beer or two if we go out to dinner or I will have a few if I'm smoking something on the smoker. That's pretty much it now-a-days. So, I hope I don't come off as an alcoholic. Those days are long gone now. I don't miss them either. That fateful day was truly the biggest blessing I've ever received among many.

Anyone want to play "words that will never be said"?

I'll go first.

"Nice Daewoo!"

"Honey, those pants make your butt look really big."
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

"Another beer? No, no I couldn't. 'twould be unseemly."

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Waar is achteruit?

Quote:Waar is achteruit?
Nicely done good sir. But it should read "Waar is de achteruit?"

Quote:"Another beer? No, no I couldn't. 'twould be unseemly."
Blasphemer!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]