Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:My two favorite teams are playing today and Comcast is out.

Service will be Monday at 1.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: :angry:  :angry:

Wallbash  Wallbash  Wallbash  Wallbash

Well..was it back by then?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well..was it back by then?

Still out. Using the antenna.  Sick

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Still out. Using the antenna.  Sick
That's why I keep a portable HD TV around...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:That's why I keep a portable HD TV around...
What a time to be alive.

Quote:What a time to be alive.

All you young punks don't have the pain and suffering you go through when your dad makes you stand there and adjust the rabbit ears while he watches tv!! It's traumatic I tell you!!

Quote:All you young punks don't have the pain and suffering you go through when your dad makes you stand there and adjust the rabbit ears while he watches tv!! It's traumatic I tell you!!

I had to do that during an entire episode of Dukes of Hazzard one Friday night. Still torn up about that.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:All you young punks don't have the pain and suffering you go through when your dad makes you stand there and adjust the rabbit ears while he watches tv!! It's traumatic I tell you!!
Hold the rabbit ears and crinkle the aluminum foil. Little sister was the remote.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:Hold the rabbit ears and crinkle the aluminum foil. Little sister was the remote.

It's amazing we got out of our childhood alive!!

Two words: Horizontal Hold

'nuff said

Quote:I had to do that during an entire episode of Dukes of Hazzard one Friday night. Still torn up about that.

But you were so close to Daisy Duke, how can you be torn up about that?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 08:01 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:My two favorite teams are playing today and Comcast is out.

Service will be Monday at 1.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: :angry:  :angry:

Wallbash  Wallbash  Wallbash  Wallbash

Comcast gonna Comcast.

I don't miss those days where my Comcast went out nearly everyday anywhere from 5 min to an hour and a half. Sad.

I figured they must be better by now.

OH, and EVERY SINGLE time you called them to let them know they had the exact same message answering their phone calls: Something about Comcast is out in several areas around town, we are aware of it and are trying to get it up and running as soon as we can, or something along those lines.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Comcast gonna Comcast.

I don't miss those days where my Comcast went out nearly everyday anywhere from 5 min to an hour and a half. Sad.

I figured they must be better by now.

OH, and EVERY SINGLE time you called them to let them know they had the exact same message answering their phone calls: Something about Comcast is out in several areas around town, we are aware of it and are trying to get it up and running as soon as we can, or something along those lines.

20 minutes, noise in the line. Only my house affected.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Oh Rock The Casbah...........

[Image: review.jpg]

Tuesday morning, instead of wondering what chances the Jaguars have of making the playoffs... im wondering who they will take in the draft...

sigh.. to early in the season to think like that every year...

Quote:But you were so close to Daisy Duke, how can you be torn up about that?

That's the problem!!! You're so close that the perspective was all thrown off! Come on Dad! I had prepubescent fantasies to work out!

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:That's the problem!!! You're so close that the perspective was all thrown off! Come on Dad! I had prepubescent fantasies to work out!

And it's really difficult doing that standing right in front of dear old pops!

So Jax Sports Radio is something else today huh?

Never listen to it and never will.

I grew numb to sports talk radio while growing up in Philly.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I only ever found one Sports Talk show that I enjoyed and it was more "Onion Sports" than ESPN. They took that show off of the air and I haven't gone down that particular rabbit hole since.

On another note, the weather here is just about as close to perfect as a person could ask for. Which begs the question 'why aren't I out in it drinking a beer?'

Quote: Which begs the question 'why aren't I out in it drinking a beer?'
 Get crackin'! 

I'm headed to the beachSmile