Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

Quote:I think what we see going on in Green Bay further supports your statement.   With Rogers they are a SB front runner.  Without Rogers, they are the Jags.

Pretty much.

Houston is a good example as well.

JJ Watt can't save that team. 

On Wisconsin.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013, 02:36 PM by HeeRo.)

Quote:Pretty much.

Houston is a good example as well.

JJ Watt can't save that team. 
not really a good comparison, seneca and tolzien are not starting qb material and not even a good backup.  and cobb james jones and their te are injured too and their rusher.

watt had a much better team last year compared to this year at least execution wise.

[Image: BY2FDNiIMAA3ev8.jpg]

TEST

Quote:[Image: BY2FDNiIMAA3ev8.jpg]

He makes me giggle like a schoolgirl and I don't care who knows!
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

<sub>Manziel has character concerns, awful mechanics, and consistently makes mind boggling awful decisions.</sub>

Teddys biggest critique is..."he could use some work on deep ball accuracy". Like every QB ever.

TEST

Quote:<sub>Manziel has character concerns, awful mechanics, and consistently makes mind boggling awful decisions.</sub>

Teddys biggest critique is..."he could use some work on deep ball accuracy". Like every QB ever.
Once he puts on some size and betters his gootwork, that will not be an issue

Quote:1. You're not a doctor.

2. A poor motor for a pass-rusher is a "minor concern"? Seriously?

This poor motor nonsense needs to stop. Anything to knock him down a peg, eh?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.allprofootballsource.com/psa-jadeveon-clowney-lazy/?cb=03449743071105331'>http://www.allprofootballsource.com/psa-jadeveon-clowney-lazy/?cb=03449743071105331</a>

Quote:He makes me giggle like a schoolgirl and I don't care who knows!

We are awaiting your write up of him in the Houston game.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2013, 01:48 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:This poor motor nonsense needs to stop. Anything to knock him down a peg, eh?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.allprofootballsource.com/psa-jadeveon-clowney-lazy/?cb=03449743071105331'>http://www.allprofootballsource.com/psa-jadeveon-clowney-lazy/?cb=03449743071105331</a>

Um, Clowney has been criticized for this his entire college career. It's not just the bone spurs. Pay attention.

Quote:Um, Clowney has been criticized for this his entire college career. It's not just the bone spurs. Pay attention.
he averaged 1 sack per game and about 2 TFLs per game last year while often drawing double teams, that's being lazy?

Quote:Um, Clowney has been criticized for this his entire college career. It's not just the bone spurs. Pay attention.
[Image: a4a17_ORIG-at_first_i_was_like5.gif]

<p style="background-color:transparent;">Florida OC Brent Pease told reporters the team's conservative game plan against South Carolina was more about junior DE Jadeveon Clowney than it was starting freshman QB Skyler Mornhinweg.

Mornhinweg was making the first start of his career, so it is telling that Pease focused more on Clowney than easing his new quarterback into the game. We believe other teams have done the same with Clowney, and it is just another reason why he is impacting games outside of the box score.

<div style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"> 

<b>Source:</b> Mark Long on Twitter
Nov 19 - 12:27 PM
</div>

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2013, 03:51 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:he averaged 1 sack per game and about 2 TFLs per game last year while often drawing double teams, that's being lazy?

Jadeveon Clowney is an amazing football player and dominated college football in 2012. He also had earned a reputation for dogging plays when he felt like it. These things are not contradictory. 

Literally the only concerns that draftniks stated about Clowney entering this year was his level of effort because it had been spotty in the past. Not sure how you guys missed this criticism about him.

Franchise QB > Franchise DE

A DE has never saved a Franchise 

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2013, 04:25 PM by D6.)

Quote:Franchise QB > Franchise DE

A DE has never saved a Franchise 

I know where you are coming from.   However,  a strong case can be made that it was the Packers signing UFA DE Reggie White that truly changed the football situation for the better in Green Bay more than anything.   Including the trade of Brett Favre from the Falcons.    Many players didn't want to come to Green Bay before Reggie White elected to sign with them.

Quote:Jadeveon Clowney is an amazing football player and dominated college football in 2012. He also had earned a reputation for dogging plays when he felt like it. These things are not contradictory. 

Literally the only concerns that draftniks stated about Clowney entering this year was his level of effort because it had been spotty in the past. Not sure how you guys missed this criticism about him.
you gonna keep beating that dead horse or you gonna provide some links?  the main concern/weakness from clowney coming into this season was his strength.

Quote:not really a good comparison, seneca and tolzien are not starting qb material and not even a good backup.  and cobb james jones and their te are injured too and their rusher.

watt had a much better team last year compared to this year at least execution wise.

JJ Watt is a dominant defender, one of the best in the game right now, and even his skills are not enough to lift what is clearly a mediocre team. Are you disagreeing with that, or...?

Meanwhile, in Green Bay, their top QB, one of the best in the game right now, goes down, and they cannot hide other flaws on the team as well as they had been. As to your mention of injury, Rodgers won two games without Cobb,  it looks like James Jones returned the week Rodgers went down and has been available to the back-ups, Finley, yep, and if you're referring to Clay Matthews, he's also returned as of Week 10, the game after Rodgers was hurt. So, Tolzien is missing Cobb and Finley.

If anything, this kind of highlights my point.

Insert a QB like Seneca or Tolzien (though I like Tolzien), and you've got a team that looks so-so. Insert Aaron Rodgers, and you have a team that at least resembles a contender.

On Wisconsin.

Quote: I know where you are coming from.   However,  a strong case can be made that it was the Packers signing UFA DE Reggie White that truly changed the football situation for the better in Green Bay more than anything.   Including the trade of Brett Favre from the Falcons.    Many players didn't want to come to Green Bay before Reggie White elected to sign with them.
so if we draft Clowney, the Colts will trade Luck to us?

Quote:so if we draft Clowney, the Colts will trade Luck to us?

You have a better chance of winning Power Ball 3 straight times than that happening. 

Jadeveon Clowney might have the most natural physical ability of any DE in a number of years,  if not longer.    Having said that,  when it comes to intangibles,  Clowney has a LONG way to go before he should even be mentioned in the same sentence as Reggie White.   

Every situation should be looked upon differently.   I mentioned the Reggie White example as an illustration of what a truly great DE in every respect can do for a franchise.

Quote:JJ Watt is a dominant defender, one of the best in the game right now, and even his skills are not enough to lift what is clearly a mediocre team. Are you disagreeing with that, or...?

Meanwhile, in Green Bay, their top QB, one of the best in the game right now, goes down, and they cannot hide other flaws on the team as well as they had been. As to your mention of injury, Rodgers won two games without Cobb,  it looks like James Jones returned the week Rodgers went down and has been available to the back-ups, Finley, yep, and if you're referring to Clay Matthews, he's also returned as of Week 10, the game after Rodgers was hurt. So, Tolzien is missing Cobb and Finley.

If anything, this kind of highlights my point.

Insert a QB like Seneca or Tolzien (though I like Tolzien), and you've got a team that looks so-so. Insert Aaron Rodgers, and you have a team that at least resembles a contender.
hes been dominant of course but it seems the rest of the defense regressed as with the offense compared to last year. 

arod is elite but dont froget flynn had success when he started for him, compared to the reps seneca and tolzien as a packer i can see why they struggled. also look at new orleans with and without payton, and brees is an elite qb.