Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Does Gus Bradley Do A Good Enough Job Of Holding Players Accountable?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Accountability

There's two thoughts that I can "try" and rationalize this, because I thought while House didn't do as well as some people said he did, he also didn't do as bad especially given that we have zero pass rush. First is the "eye discipline" that Gus talked about, which resulted in a TD for the Texans courtesy of House. Who knows how much House was doing this, and if that was the only glaring one that everyone "noticed"

Secondly? Gratz is a better zone corner than House (and McCray). He is also a better tackler than House (noticed a few missed tackles by House last game). Why does this matter? IMO, I think we're going to see a change schematically. Gus talked about the risk and reward of blitzing. My guess is we won't see as much the press man bail technique that we have been seeing here (where House, and McCray excelled in last season) and we'll see Colvin (who IMO is our best cover zone DB) and Gratz do more zone work to allow us to blitz more.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Vito Stellino @vitostellino  58m58 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">to answer readers asking why house was benched after playing well for three quarters, the answer is gus wants complete games.

</div>
B Freaking S our idiot kicker cost us a football game by missing 2 kicks, and missed other easy kicks but he keeps his job, and House gives up a few plays to the best WR in football and he get benched, this is really making want somebody fired like soon

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

This is unreal. I knew Gus was a bad coach. But I didn't know he was stupid. Boy I've know for a while I didn't buy into his hype but this guy is lost. I guess it's up to gratz to come out and prove us all wrong and get two picks.

It should be McCray and House out there starting with Colvin in the nickel

Quote:B Freaking S our idiot kicker cost us a football game by missing 2 kicks, and missed other easy kicks but he keeps his job, and House gives up a few plays to the best WR in football and he get benched, this is really making want somebody fired like soon

Well, benching a kicker and CB/DB are two different things and entirely different situations.  Kicker is fair game and criticism is as well, but comparing it to House is emotional.  I can only think there was something that happened where House lost concentration maybe more so or more blatantly than others (which that TD happened to be a big play and House was beat bad) and Gus made an example.  Fair or not, that sounds like the most logical explanation.  Fans and the Crew wanted accountability.  Gus holds someone accountable.  Fans and the Crew complain how it isn't fair.  Do fans and Crew at least have a list of accountable players they would like Gus to make an example out of?

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2015, 01:09 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:This is unreal. I knew Gus was a bad coach. But I didn't know he was stupid. Boy I've know for a while I didn't buy into his hype but this guy is lost. I guess it's up to gratz to come out and prove us all wrong and get two picks.

Two INT's?  Considering we have 0 by CB/DB I think 1 would be an improvement.  That is TC for ya.  After the Bortles thread he isn't taking any chances.

Quote:Two INT's? Considering we have 0 by CB/DB I think 1 would be an improvement. That is TC for ya. After the Bortles thread he isn't taking any chances.

What the hell is your infatuation with me? Everything I say is wrong to you? I didn't like Gus from the start I don't look like I was too off now do I. You just can't stand the fact that I won't slob on bortles jock like you do. Lol at praising a 300/3/3int with one being a pick six in a loss. Step it up!

Quote:It should be McCray and House out there starting with Colvin in the nickel
Or McCray and Colvin starting, with House looking like a pretty good fit for a center fielder free safety job... :whistling:

Quote:Well, benching a kicker and CB/DB are two different things and entirely different situations.  Kicker is fair game and criticism is as well, but comparing it to House is emotional.  I can only think there was something that happened where House lost concentration maybe more so or more blatantly than others (which that TD happened to be a big play and House was beat bad) and Gus made an example.  Fair or not, that sounds like the most logical explanation.  Fans and the Crew wanted accountability.  Gus holds someone accountable.  Fans and the Crew complain how it isn't fair.  Do fans and Crew at least have a list of accountable players they would like Gus to make an example out of?
The concept of holding players accountable goes out the window when Chris Clemons misses half of camp, shows up out of shape, contributes exactly nothing to the defense and gets a special "veteran's day off" of practice while the rest of the team is actually trying to suck so bad.

House got torched deep last game, I do think McCray could of done better. But like has been said Hopkins is a legit top wr in the league and should be double teamed so I don't blame House at all for it.

Dropping him for Gratz is appalling. I guess Watkins will finally have his break out game this year.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2015, 02:30 AM by Scarecrow.)

God I hope that's not actually the reason for his benching.

This coming from the guy that struggles for 3 seasons with simple HC game managing skills. Idiot.

I hope Vito is just pulling that out of his backside and Gus didn't really say that.

Beadles play crap, Shatley doesn't get a chance, Clemons is useless and he's always still out there and the list could go on, House is left alone for an entire game against Hopkins with no help at all and he gets benched.

Bradley was already a poor coach but this is getting ridiculous.

Quote:idk what game you were looking at. House did a good job all day up until the 4th.

Oh come on. Hopkins kept getting the best of House all game long. Granted it's not like Devon was getting burnt, but at no point did he slow down Hopkins or knock down a pass.  Over the first three quarters De'Andre posted 5 catches for 57 yards.

'02

Quote:Oh come on. Hopkins kept getting the best of House all game long. Granted it's not like Devon was getting burnt, but at no point did he slow down Hopkins or knock down a pass.  Over the first three quarters De'Andre posted 5 catches for 57 yards.
Exactly. I would say that is pretty good coverage considering he is a top 3 receiver in football. And he did break up a pass.  If he was getting the best of him all day Hopkins would have had more than that. Did Hopkins make some amazing catches yes but that is going to happen against a receiver like that. Doesn't mean House played poorly or was being had for most of the game.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Exactly. I would say that is pretty good coverage considering he is a top 3 receiver in football. And he did break up a pass.  If he was getting the best of him all day Hopkins would have had more than that. Did Hopkins make some amazing catches yes but that is going to happen against a receiver like that. Doesn't mean House played poorly or was being had for most of the game.

The thing is, those catches up until that point where the biggest difference in the game. That was plenty enough production by Hopkins for Gus to realize that he needed some more help out there. I'd like to see Gus take some personal accountability by admitting this much. Simply put, had the Jaguars started to double Hopkins, or roll coverage his way, at the start of the fourth quarter, Jaguars probably win that game.

'02

YES I LOVE IT MORE GUS YOU INCOMPETENT IDIOT MORE I SAY!!!

Quote:Gratz can get embarrassed in London again. Let the games begin.

Think about it.  Go back to last years game.  He said the exact same thing about Gratz last year as he is saying about house right now.  

I hope that the secondary plays well i hope we win.  I'm a jag fan first.  

That being said, IF IT WORKS then that brings us back o being confused about signing house in the first place when we were all told that McCray was one of the best CB's in the league and that Colvin was well on his way.  What happened to that?  

At what point does a coach realize (Okay...  Sherm is still in Seattle, maybe i should help my corners out a little bit!)

Quote:Oh come on. Hopkins kept getting the best of House all game long. Granted it's not like Devon was getting burnt, but at no point did he slow down Hopkins or knock down a pass. Over the first three quarters De'Andre posted 5 catches for 57 yards.

I remember 2 or 3 plays in the first half that house broke up passes to Hopkins.

The announcers were even taking about how house was getting the better of the match up in the first half. You don't remember that?

The only really bad play, was in the end zone when house looked back at the qb which resulted in the first td.

I'm not gonna say house played great. But he played well. He by far should not be benched this was a chicken dung move by a head coach who's in way over his head.

So rocdee complaining about the House benching, yet in another thread complaining House sucks... hmmm
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

So this is accountability?  I think someone needs to hold Gus responsible for this ridiculous decision. 

I realize i'm late to the party, i'm just reading this and shocked.  The guy is so freakin incompetent it's almost comical.

Quote:So rocdee complaining about the House benching, yet in another thread complaining House sucks... hmmm
He's a troll that needs to be banned.  All he wants is attention.