Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

I think 90/10 is a fair assessment.  There's certainly a chance Caldwell decides to take Clowney, and wait until Round 2 to pick up a Quarterback.

However, GM's are now tied at the hip with their QB.  Missing on a QB can cost you your job in this league.  As it should.  If Caldwell likes what he sees in Teddy, and thinks he's the best QB prospect in the class, i think he'll take him. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Same thing you said at #2 last year.

Take the QB if it is Teddy Bridgewater. Don't take the QB "always". You don't waste a pick on a scrub QB like Geno Smith just because he is a QB.

So youre calling Teddy a scrub? He is a much much better prospect than Geno was. 

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2013, 12:42 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

nm

Quote:So youre calling Teddy a scrub? He is a much much better prospect than Geno was. 

How bad is your reading comprehension?

Actually, just how bad is your reading? I literally said "You take the QB if the QB is Teddy. You don't 'always' take the QB, though."

As in, if Teddy is there, you take him because he is an elite prospect. You don't just take the QB because he is a QB (Geno Smith), though.

i dont have either louisville or s carolina game on tv Sad

Is this old news?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...storylines

DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina

I'm not certain how NFL teams still feel about Clowney, but if I were choosing a player to build my defense around today, I'd take UCLA's Anthony Barr over the South Carolina defensive end who has just nine solo tackles and two sacks to his credit this season. Barr is a more versatile, certainly more consistent player.

Clowney hasn't played poorly this season, despite what his numbers say, but he hasn't played up to media hype, which was built around one play in last season's Outback Bowl. He's a good player, could be a great one if he works at it, but the jury is still out on that. I think he bought into the hype. He even admitted openly that he hung out this past summer, taking trips with friends instead of continuing to work out. And his poor conditioning showed early in the season.

The whole incident in which he told Coach Steve Spurrier 30 minutes before the Kentucky game a few weeks back that he wasn't playing, drawing Spurrier's ire, is a bad sign. He already had a reputation of taking plays off. He can't afford to do that at the next level.

Maybe this will allow Clowney's pen pals time to cool their jets?

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:Is this old news?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264245/article/brandt-manziel-clowney-among-top-midseason-storylines'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264245/article/brandt-manziel-clowney-among-top-midseason-storylines</a>

DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina

I'm not certain how NFL teams still feel about Clowney, but if I were choosing a player to build my defense around today, I'd take UCLA's Anthony Barr over the South Carolina defensive end who has just nine solo tackles and two sacks to his credit this season. Barr is a more versatile, certainly more consistent player.

Clowney hasn't played poorly this season, despite what his numbers say, but he hasn't played up to media hype, which was built around one play in last season's Outback Bowl. He's a good player, could be a great one if he works at it, but the jury is still out on that. I think he bought into the hype. He even admitted openly that he hung out this past summer, taking trips with friends instead of continuing to work out. And his poor conditioning showed early in the season.

The whole incident in which he told Coach Steve Spurrier 30 minutes before the Kentucky game a few weeks back that he wasn't playing, drawing Spurrier's ire, is a bad sign. He already had a reputation of taking plays off. He can't afford to do that at the next level.

Maybe this will allow Clowney's pen pals time to cool their jets?

You don't add 20lbs of muscle while "not working out"

I'm taking this story with a grain of salt

Quote:You don't add 20lbs of muscle while "not working out"

Good point. As far as stats go do not look at Clowney's #'s too hard because opposing offenses are constantly running away from him. If he has that same effect in the NFL it will be suicide for opposing teams. Combine him with a lock-down corner(pro bowler) and most of the workable field is gone. Suddenly Cyp, Poz and another benefactor on the D line are instant pro bowlers along with Clowney. Five pro bowlers on defense = playoff run.

I would be happy with Barr or Clowney. Hopefully we get one of them!

Quote:You don't add 20lbs of muscle while "not working out"

Gil Brandt has been at this along time. I agree with him.

To me and most NFL scouts (I'm sure) Clowney was hands off when Spurrier put him in the dog house. His flash in the pan career consists of a single tackle in the Outback Bowl. He's underwhelming at best.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:Gil Brandt has been at this along time. I agree with him.

To me and most NFL scouts (I'm sure) Clowney was hands off when Spurrier put him in the dog house. His flash in the pan career consists of a single tackle in the Outback Bowl. He's underwhelming at best.
Are you calling yourself an NFL scout or just speaking for them? Why do almost all Mock drafts have Clowney in the top 3?

Even without that tackle in the Outback bowl, Clowney was the best defensive player in the country last year, and it wasn't even close.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

all my my favorite qbs in the top of the 2nd are most likely first round picks now Sad

Quote:Even without that tackle in the Outback bowl, Clowney was the best defensive player in the country last year, and it wasn't even close.

This. The whole nation was high on Clowney early in the season last year. The outback bowl was icing on the cake.

Quote:all my my favorite qbs in the top of the 2nd are most likely first round picks now Sad

I noticed this as well Sad

Will be tough choices come draft day

Quote:Geno Smith tonight: 8/9 134yds  2tds with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 5th game of his NFL career.

Looks pretty first round to me.

LOL.

Noooo, I have to totally disagree with that.   From what I have seen of him, which is not a lot admittedly, but I've watched him some, is that he gets double and triple teamed a lot, and when he is not double or triple teamed, he is in the backfield and no one can  stop him.  

Quote:Noooo, I have to totally disagree with that.   From what I have seen of him, which is not a lot admittedly, but I've watched him some, is that he gets double and triple teamed a lot, and when he is not double or triple teamed, he is in the backfield and no one can  stop him.  

Basically the other team avoids him at all costs. They do what you mentioned and most running plays are away from him.

Clowney is going to be a star at the next level. I would not be surprised if he ended up the first pick.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 09:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Bridgewater drops to 8 on Scouts Inc. big board, Bortles at 14

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

How could ESPN put a Aikman, Elway, Luck, Manning prospect at 8?  lol

They also have Louis Nix at 4. Find me another site that has him ranked that high.