Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

So here's an interesting (and painful) anecdote. My stepdaughter's Great Dane pup knocked me down the last couple of steps earlier this afternoon. At the very least I have a pretty badly sprained ankle, but I'm concerned I did something worse to my knee. Unless something changes overnight, I'm thinking one of my first stops when I get home will have to be JOI.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bummer Rico, helluva way to end/start the year.

Hope everything is OK with you

Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

Quote:So here's an interesting (and painful) anecdote. My stepdaughter's Great Dane pup knocked me down the last couple of steps earlier this afternoon. At the very least I have a pretty badly sprained ankle, but I'm concerned I did something worse to my knee. Unless something changes overnight, I'm thinking one of my first stops when I get home will have to be JOI.

I feel your pain Rico January 1st of this year I was playing outside with the kids enjoying the day off when I fell and broke my foot. Had to use my vacation this year the first week of January so I could let it heal.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I feel your pain Rico January 1st of this year I was playing outside with the kids enjoying the day off when I fell and broke my foot. Had to use my vacation this year the first week of January so I could let it heal.

As I've been watching this balloon up over the last few hours, and the fact that I have very little flex...I have a real bad feeling about this. This is going to be a long drive back from Pittsburgh.

Quote:So here's an interesting (and painful) anecdote. My stepdaughter's Great Dane pup knocked me down the last couple of steps earlier this afternoon. At the very least I have a pretty badly sprained ankle, but I'm concerned I did something worse to my knee. Unless something changes overnight, I'm thinking one of my first stops when I get home will have to be JOI.

Ouch!! Ice the hell out of that knee!! Hopefully you didn't seriously hurt anything!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Ouch!! Ice the hell out of that knee!! Hopefully you didn't seriously hurt anything!!

I just want to know where I can get a bottle of that 'My Stepdaughter's Great Dane Pup'.

Just kidding!  Hopefully it isn't too bad, Rico. Like BB says, ice it like the hottest place imaginable (I never understood that), and maybe some compression for your knee. Injured ankles are easier to deal with than injured knees. At least in my experience.

Quote:I just want to know where I can get a bottle of that 'My Stepdaughter's Great Dane Pup'.

Just kidding!  Hopefully it isn't too bad, Rico. Like BB says, ice it like the hottest place imaginable (I never understood that), and maybe some compression for your knee. Injured ankles are easier to deal with than injured knees. At least in my experience.

Already had surgery on the OTHER knee so I'm quite experienced...and also the reason I'm concerned.

On a positive note, one of my favorite little wineries is up here and we had just gotten back with a case and a half when the accident occurred.

I'm currently self-medicating. Wheeeeeeee.

Wonder if the west coast has their own countdown shows or ball dropping on their time?

Is their one for central and mountain as well?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Wonder if the west coast has their own countdown shows or ball dropping on their time?

Is their one for central and mountain as well?

You should be able to find a live broadcast from the Space Needle in Seattle either on TV or the web

Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

Happy New Year ya filthy animals!

And Rico, here's hoping you don't lose your dancing form.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I just want to know where I can get a bottle of that 'My Stepdaughter's Great Dane Pup'.

You make something so cold that the heat couldn't survive. No heat...no hell.

Quote:You make something so cold that the heat couldn't survive. No heat...no hell.

Aha! *snap* An ice-filled aspergillum! I'm gonna be rich!

Quote:Aha! *snap* An ice-filled aspergillum! I'm gonna be rich!

No way...you'll mysteriously disappear before that happens!! Wink

Incompetence at work annoys me.

Especially when the person gets paid the same/more than me.

Rant over.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Man...has anyone looked at the birthday list today? It's a long one! Lol

Quote:Man...has anyone looked at the birthday list today? It's a long one! Lol

Why, one old feller (VB Kev) is still posting at 111 years old. Who says we don't have avid fans? 

Quote:Why, one old feller (VB Kev) is still posting at 111 years old. Who says we don't have avid fans?

Exactly!! He should wear his jags gear when he gets on that Willard Scott Today show segment that celebrates really really old people! :thumbsup:

We have 'dress down' at work tonight... I'm wearing this..

[Image: %24_35.JPG]

Quote:We have 'dress down' at work tonight... I'm wearing this..

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwimwq7-0onKAhVIDA8KHb7RAAQQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2FMens-Majestic-Athletic-NFL-Jacksonville-Jaguars-Sweatshirt-Crew-Neck-Sweat-Top-%2F221919265219&psig=AFQjCNHC4dlLqFPKy3OvqqTCfjWnjFH0HQ&ust=1451773260108686'>[Image: %24_35.JPG]</a>

Nice!!

Quote:Nice!!

Thank you, thank you very much..