Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:Or perhaps Mack is who we're targeting. We never were linked, per any tweets, to Osemele. At least I don't think so.

A lot of people saw the Mack to Atlanta possibility and started making even more excuses why we wouldn't want him here but a smart, talented center is a game changer on the OL.

Mack would make everyone better in my opinion.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

To me it appears that we are primarily interested in beefing up our d-line and pass rush through free agency.  I'm starting to become optimistic that we will be able to sign 3 top flight defensive guys. 

If we had just signed Osemele would you think it would take the Jags out of the market for Malik or any other FA? Obviously not, we have room to sign 6 Osemele's if we really wanted. The Raiders only had a little less cap room than we do, if Malik wants to be in Oakland he'll easily be in Oakland...with tons of cap room to spare.

Why does it matter who starts at RB?

Yeldon. And whoever we sign would both damn near split carries, which is a good thing. More fresh, healthier for the whole season, and cuts down on Yeldons workload. Having a good 1-2 punch is a good thing. One of my favorite times as a Jags fan was the Freddy T/MJD era.

Quote:A lot of people saw the Mack to Atlanta possibility and started making even more excuses why we wouldn't want him here but a smart, talented center is a game changer on the OL.

Mack would make everyone better in my opinion.

Bingo. Alot of fans on this board do that. They want Mack until the rumor is we are not interested then they say we dont need him lol.

Quote:Why does it matter who starts at RB?

Yeldon. And whoever we sign would both damn near split carries, which is a good thing. More fresh, healthier for the whole season, and cuts down on Yeldons workload. Having a good 1-2 punch is a good thing. One of my favorite times as a Jags fan was the Freddy T/MJD era.
I prefer to not overspend for a RB, just my opinion, if anything, draft one. RB are a dime a dozen. If we do want to sign one, I think Id rather have Ivory, cheaper and will compliment Yeldon better, especially in the goal line. 

Quote:If we had just signed Osemele would you think it would take the Jags out of the market for Malik or any other FA? Obviously not, we have room to sign 6 Osemele's if we really wanted. The Raiders only had a little less cap room than we do, if Malik wants to be in Oakland he'll easily be in Oakland...with tons of cap room to spare.

It doesn't make a ton of difference but I believe their center and 2 of their higher profile tackles are UFAs. Their corners are also really lacking.

That's going to take some money away from spending on Malik Jackson, maybe not a ton though.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Ivory is a flat out truck of a back. Would be a nice compliment to Yeldon's finesse style of running.
Shock the world

Quote:I prefer to not overspend for a RB, just my opinion, if anything, draft one. RB are a dime a dozen. If we do want to sign one, I think Id rather have Ivory, cheaper and will compliment Yeldon better, especially in the goal line.

We got an offense full of young cheap players with a ton of cap space. We don't need to be saving money right now. Give Ivory or Martin are high 1st year cap hit and sign them to a 3 year deal. Cut Toby Gerhart because the guy is counting against 3.5m right now. Considering Martin will likely be around 6-7 per and Ivory around 5, Toby pays at least half of either guy. That's the way I look at it.

Quote:Ivory is a flat out truck of a back. Would be a nice compliment to Yeldon's finesse style of running.
I think if we get him, Gerhart is a goner.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Ivory is a flat out truck of a back. Would be a nice compliment to Yeldon's finesse style of running.

Being from NY and seeing alot of Jets games, i approve.

I wouldn't mind going after Chris Ivory. I think if we do, Gerhart is as good as gone.

WIN/WIN?

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:It doesn't make a ton of difference but I believe their center and 2 of their higher profile tackles are UFAs. Their corners are also really lacking.

That's going to take some money away from spending on Malik Jackson, maybe not a ton though.

They can easily still afford Malik regardless. This does nothing regarding that. Juse gotta keep our fingers crossed he wants Jacksonville and we offer as much or more than anyone else if it's not ridiculous.

Quote:I think if we get him, Gerhart is a goner.

Gerhart should be a goner anyway.

Bullseye, great minds think alike Wink

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:We got an offense full of young cheap players with a ton of cap space. We don't need to be saving money right now. Give Ivory or Martin are high 1st year cap hit and sign them to a 3 year deal. Cut Toby Gerhart because the guy is counting against 3.5m right now. Considering Martin will likely be around 6-7 per and Ivory around 5, Toby pays at least half of either guy. That's the way I look at it.
Give me Ivory then. Front load the crap out of the deal though and make it a season by season contract, meaning, we can cut him whenever we want and not hurt our cap. 

Quote:Gerhart should be a goner anyway.

His bonus ensues March 13th, gotta get a guy before then otherwise I'm not so sure.

Quote:Gerhart should be a goner anyway.
Agreed, but I can see why the Jags want to hedge their bets before committing to dump Toby.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Did the Phins release Lamar Miller? Chris Ivory would be a solid pick up.

Quote:Give me Ivory then. Front load the crap out of the deal though and make it a season by season contract, meaning, we can cut him whenever we want and not hurt our cap.

I don't think you need to worry about contracts with these guys, especially for a RB. Caldwell has done a fantastic job on that front in his tenure here.