Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

If we get Bruce Irvin, anyone else think pursuing Vernon may be almost a little overkill?  I mean, where is everyone going to play?

Do we bench Dante Fowler if we sign Vernon?

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If we get Bruce Irvin, anyone else think pursuing Vernon may be almost a little overkill?  I mean, where is everyone going to play?

Its all about the rotation and fresh legs. 

Think Giants, during their most recent Super Bowl run. 

Constant barrage towards the QB.

Quote:If we get Bruce Irvin, anyone else think pursuing Vernon may be almost a little overkill? I mean, where is everyone going to play?

Irvin and Vernon play different positions...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:If we get Bruce Irvin, anyone else think pursuing Vernon may be almost a little overkill?  I mean, where is everyone going to play?

He'd likely be "benched" in that he wouldn't start, but we can rotate Fowler in at a variety of positions and have him play significant snaps.

Quote:If we get Bruce Irvin, anyone else think pursuing Vernon may be almost a little overkill? I mean, where is everyone going to play?

Nah. Vernon and Fowler will rotate at the LEO. On 3rd down we will roll out Fowler-Marks-Jackson-Vernon. Wash has already said they are going to be moving Fowler all over the Dline.

You can never have enough pass rushers.

Quote:He'd likely be "benched" in that he wouldn't start, but we can rotate Fowler in at a variety of positions and have him play significant snaps.

I guess I just expect the 3rd overall pick to be more than just rotated throughout - he should be on the field at all times.

I just don't see why we should spend a ton of money on a LEO when Fowler is supposed to be our LEO.  I'm not opposed to getting a good solid player, but I think to get Vernon we would have to offer something similar to what we offered Malik Jackson.

Do we want two guys at 15m+/year?

We could also draft another LEO in the draft later to rotate with Fowler.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Also, Fowler will still likely struggle from time to time this year. Remember this is his "rookie" season. Rookie DEs rarely have a big impact
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Nah. Vernon and Fowler will rotate at the LEO. On 3rd down we will roll out Fowler-Marks-Jackson-Vernon. Wash has already said they are going to be moving Fowler all over the Dline.

Add in Irvin as a blitzer and we could definitely put the hurt on opposing QBs.

Quote:Also, Fowler will still likely struggle from time to time this year. Remember this is his "rookie" season. Rookie DEs rarely have a big impact

This

Quote:Nah. Vernon and Fowler will rotate at the LEO. On 3rd down we will roll out Fowler-Marks-Jackson-Vernon. Wash has already said they are going to be moving Fowler all over the Dline.

My lord that 3rd down group.

Rotating a guy you likely have to pay 15m/year sounds kind of crazy.

I mean maybe they do it and maybe it works flawlessly, i guess I'm just not used to that amount of money being tied up in one position.  

so I guess that makes Odrick, who makes 8m+/year, a two down player.  

Quote:Rotating a guy you likely have to pay 15m/year sounds kind of crazy.

I mean maybe they do it and maybe it works flawlessly, i guess I'm just not used to that amount of money being tied up in one position.

I don't care what they pay. Having non-stop pressure coming at the QB will be beautiful to watch.

We seriously may be going from Clemons, Branch, Odrik, Alualu, and Skuta to Vernon, Fowler, Malik, Marks, Odrik, and Irvin. I am stoked.

Quote:so I guess that makes Odrick, who makes 8m+/year, a two down player.

Odrik can slide inside on 3rd some, just like he did last year.

Long as get guys in the back that can tackle. We never have guys that tackle right on backend.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Gus was fired.

Blake got Lindsay Pelas pregnant.

Bruce Irvin plans to sign in Jacksonville.

2 lies and a truth. You decide.
I will guess Blake "threw a dart" and knocked up his girl.  LOL

Quote:I don't care what they pay. Having non-stop pressure coming at the QB will be beautiful to watch.

We seriously may be going from Clemons, Branch, Odrik, Alualu, and Skuta to Vernon, Fowler, Malik, Marks, Odrik, and Irvin. I am stoked.

yeah, no kidding.

it's going to be fun to watch.

For me, Bruce Irvin is a much higher priority than Vernon.  I just think he is the "missing link" to this defense.  That and FS.  

Quote:Odrik can slide inside on 3rd some, just like he did last year.

then Marks is on the bench.

Quote:I will guess Blake "threw a dart" and knocked up his girl.  LOL
I wonder if he was expecting to make pancakes when he poured the Bisquick.

Quote:We are pretty strong favorites for Bruce Irvin, and there were some tweets that we are going to make a play for Olivier Vernon still too. Other than that I haven't seen any specific names today, just rumors that we are pushing for corners pretty strong, and if that goes well maybe a FS too.
Sweet.  Seems like we would be going for an OG or Center next.  Don't know who I'd want more out of Irvin and Vernon, probably Vernon.

Setting up perfectly to draft Jalen Ramsey now at #5 if he is there.