Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote: 

john higginbotham ‏@john_higg  5m

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">5 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">john higginbotham Retweeted Michael DiRocco

<p style="font-size:26px;">Kinda shocked Chris Clemons is working on a Wednesday...

</div>
[Image: zwhBRbO.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:lol, when we sign them, its undoubtedly the right decision no matter the cost... when we lose out on a guy, there's no doubt that other team overpaid... lolol

Like clockwork.

Darlington on NFLN saying it's Jax for Vernon. Via second hand tweet.

Bryan Anger... where will he bring his talents next? Legatron we <3 you. Right?

Quote:lol, when we sign them, its undoubtedly the right decision no matter the cost... when we lose out on a guy, there's no doubt that other team overpaid... lolol

When we don't sign them, we should have done whatever it took to sign them. When we do sign them, we overpaid... lolol.

The number one rule of negotiating is that you have to have a price in mind that you will not exceed.   You can't just get into a bidding war and pay whatever it comes to no matter what it comes to.   That's idiotic.   I'm sure Dave has a price in mind where he will say, no, this is an insane price for this guy.  

Quote:Darlington on NFLN saying it's Jax for Vernon. Via second hand tweet.
Wooooosa..... Woooosa... I need to calm down

@chadevans Now that the tag was lifted I can finally say that there is STRONG mutual interest between Olivier Vernon and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I dont know what to believe lol

But, I thought the sky was falling?

*unties noose

lol, when we sign them, its undoubtedly the wrong decision no matter the cost... when we lose out on a guy, there's no doubt that no one wants to come to Jax and we suck... lolol

Quote:@chadevans Now that the tag was lifted I can finally say that there is STRONG mutual interest between Olivier Vernon and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

That guy doesn't have a clue, he's just making stuff up.

Quote:@chadevans Now that the tag was lifted I can finally say that there is STRONG mutual interest between Olivier Vernon and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

You tend to believe every single tweet. I kind of want to make a fake account and throw out fake tweets just so I can see you post them here for my personal amusement. 

27s

Chad Evans‏ @TheNBABreak

The Bucs are also negotiating with Vernon but it appears the Jaguars are in the lead & are doing everything they can to finish the deal ASAP
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:But you said it yourself, all NY has to do is send pics of the Lombardi trophy and Vernon is theirs! We don't stand a chance, remember? So the only way to get him here to to overpay, which would then result in your incessant [BAD WORD REMOVED] as well.

I don't think you understand. I am all for overpaying. I will not complain if the team overpays. Find one post of mine where I complained about how much we paid a free agent. We need to add talent. We can't build an entire team with draft picks alone. So we must sign talented free agents. Other teams want these talented players too. So a bidding war ensues to secure the rights to coveted free agents. Which makes the price tag very very high. And I am ok with this. Because I want the Jaguars to have better players on the roster.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Man, sometimes I wonder why I keep coming back to check on statuses lol. It's so back n forth with the rumors.

#nowork4methisWeek

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:The number one rule of negotiating is that you have to have a price in mind that you will not exceed.   You can't just get into a bidding war and pay whatever it comes to no matter what it comes to.   That's idiotic.   I'm sure Dave has a price in mind where he will say, no, this is an insane price for this guy.  

Marty, get your logic and business acumen out of here!  This is a place for the nitwits to congregate and sling as much [BLEEP] at the wall as possible, hoping that something will stick.

Quote:You tend to believe every single tweet. I kind of want to make a fake account and throw out fake tweets just so I can see you post them here for my personal amusement.

Wow bro, Relax. Just trying to pass the info around.

Quote:Wooooosa..... Woooosa... I need to calm down
I didn't see him on NFLN, it was someone else who said, so I don't know how much credence it holds. Also, Darlington was the main Irvin to Jax guy yesterday. (just trying to not get excited).

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 02:42 PM by Cleatwood.)

Thats not his twitter handle.....

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 02:42 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:You tend to believe every single tweet. I kind of want to make a fake account and throw out fake tweets just so I can see you post them here for my personal amusement.

The guy is an independent journalist from orlando and has been right on many things. So no its not a fake account.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags