Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:Don't lose site of who our coach is. It is easy to do in March, but take yourself back to your emotional state in December.
That's cruel! 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You are allowed to think that, but have to be realistic at the same time.

I am.
Shock the world

Just reported on NFL Network that Vernon will decide between the Jaguars and the Giants. 

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  8s9 seconds ago

Jets releasing WR Jeremy Kerley today.

</div>

Good extra WR and Special Teams player.   A team should be able to sign him at a relatively modest price.

Quote:Just reported on NFL Network that Vernon will decide between the Jaguars and the Giants.

Quick everyone tweet to Vernon

Quote:Just reported on NFL Network that Vernon will decide between the Jaguars and the Giants. 

[Image: 17x3gjxve4tisjpg.jpg]

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo'>Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/707676535961034752' title="4:16 PM - 9 Mar 2016">18s19 seconds ago</a>

<p class="">Falcons were initially offering $30m over five years for WR Mohamed Sanu, source says. Not sure exactly where it is now but he's visiting.

Quote:I don't want to see the Jags do anything stupid here. This isn't our year. We still have a couple to go before we are real contenders.

Every year is our year until it's not.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Every year is our year until it's not.

I'm just saying, I know its a crazy league and teams have gone from zero to hero in a single off-season, but it isn't a high percentage thing.

@AdamSchefter Falcons make it official, land former Browns C Alex Mack.

<div>
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@<b>AdamSchefter</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/707676818766168066'>now11 seconds ago</a>

<p class="">Falcons make it official, land former Browns C Alex Mack.

</div>
</div>

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  23s24 seconds ago

The #Falcons will host WR Mohamed Sanu on a visit, source said. They'll try to sign him.

^Would be a nice #2 WR for Atlanta.

</div>

It will be interesting to see what the Bengals decide to do regarding compensating for their FA losses at WR if they also lose Mohamed Sanu.   Re-signing Brandon Tate helps their Special Teams but he's never proven to be close to a # 2 WR. 

Mack wasn't quite the commodity he was 2 years ago, but still would have been an upgrade for us. Curious what the numbers are.

I would give them vernon and trade for JPP both sides win. As long as it is like a 6th round draft pick.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I'm just saying, I know its a crazy league and teams have gone from zero to hero in a single off-season, but it isn't a high percentage thing.
Wouldn't even be a worst to first scenario though.... sub-par to wild card would be a huge success.

Especially if the team improved again and went from WC to AFC Championship, or beyond....

at some point, if it is ever going to be our year, we're going to need to have a year that is almost our year...

i think that is this year

[Image: giphy.gif]

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/707677598118232065'>52s53 seconds ago</a>

<p class="">Eagles officially acquire 8th overall pick in 2016 draft from Miami for LB Kiko Alonso, CB Byron Maxwell, and 13th overall pick in 2016.

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

<p class="">Miami is either the smartest team in the NFL or in big trouble. I can't figure out which one it is.

Quote:Would 100M be a reach for Vernon?
Yes, that's JJ Watt territory
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

Keep bobblehead Gus away from the phones! We don't want Vernon hearing for himself what a dope his coach would be if he signed here.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I'm just saying, I know its a crazy league and teams have gone from zero to hero in a single off-season, but it isn't a high percentage thing.

Well, nothing is a high percentage thing when it comes to the Jaguars so we have to learn to enjoy the little victories and positives along the way.

If you can't find  a way to do that, you will be a very miserable Jags fan most of the time.

Hopefully times are a changing around here.

It's looking that way after today, still a ways to go though.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.