Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Chill out guys, we still have to spend about $14 million this offseason to get above the cap floor. I am sure we will try to sign like an amkumura to a mid sized contract and like a Donald Penn as a stop gap, and maybe move the joke to LG, and Cann to Center.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Some of have faith in Fowler unlike you BklynJag who thinks Vernon is a top defensive player in the league. We need a guy to rotate with fowler and Shelby or ayers can do that effectively. If this was von miller we were talking bout ya you could be mad but Oliver Vernon LOL come on he was the 4th best player on the dolphins defense!

Quote:This is all well and good but how did the Dolphins not pay for obvious tampering regarding Ndamukong Suh?

In any event, two more NFL Compensatory Picks will be rewarded.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/707698039117508609'>https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/707698039117508609</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn'>Ed WerderVerified account ‏@Edwerderespn </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/707698039117508609'>2m2 minutes ago</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash'>#Chiefs</a> forfeit 3rd and 6th round picks this year and Andy Reid, John Dorsey fined combined $100K for tampering with Jeremy Maclin last year

I'm thinking Doug Peterson may have said something considering this is a violation from last year....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Wow, i guess you dont know sarcasm.
With you.... It's not very clear.

Quote:Less than 24 hours ago there were like 3 full pages in a row that were 'good as gold' for all 3 of Malik, Vernon, and Irvin too...what a wild FA period.
always getting ahead of themselves around here

Quote:Thats why you have contingency plans. I would go after Ayers, Mike Neal (yes i keep talking about this guy lol), Shelby and Upshaw. These guys show a lot of promise, fit the leo mold and are young aside from Ayers. Add two these guys coupled with Fowler and a draft pick and you have a wave of Leos. The thing I like about the Leo position is that they don't have to be highly rated guys. Just guys who can rush the qb and win 1-on-1.

Bennet and Clemons were not top level guys but they thrive in the role and system. We can still find guys who fit the system and to me these guys would be perfect.

Mike Neal is a real interesting name. He has expressed going back to 43 end like he was in college.

Quote:Thats why you have contingency plans. I would go after Ayers, Mike Neal (yes i keep talking about this guy lol), Shelby and Upshaw. These guys show a lot of promise, fit the leo mold and are young aside from Ayers. Add two these guys coupled with Fowler and a draft pick and you have a wave of Leos. The thing I like about the Leo position is that they don't have to be highly rated guys. Just guys who can rush the qb and win 1-on-1.

Bennet and Clemons were not top level guys but they thrive in the role and system. We can still find guys who fit the system and to me these guys would be perfect.

Clemons really thrived.

Quote:Bwahahahahaha

Real bright.
I mean, we have to put *bodies* at that position. We have *ONE* LEO in the roster right now, two if you think Chris Smith has any chance at all. And there's already talk of moving Fowler moving all over the defense for match-ups, not to mention the fact that you don't want a guy who's just coming back from an ACL to have to carry that much of a load.

We need more talent at that LEO spot. And I don't really know where else they look at this point.

Quote:Chill out guys, we still have to spend about $14 million this offseason to get above the cap floor. I am sure we will try to sign like an amkumura to a mid sized contract and like a Donald Penn as a stop gap, and maybe move the joke to LG, and Cann to Center.
I think this realistic. 

Quote:Clemons really thrived.
You sound like one of those dudes who didn't want to draft Fowler because some Gators busted in the NFL...

Vernon was the number 1 ranked DE in the nfl last year by PFF... that was our chance to actually maybe be a playoff team by adding him and jackson... now we once again have absolute crap at pass rushing DE position.. good game jags.. 6 or 7 wins sounds about righy next year. Cue up all the hate i will now receive for calling it like it is

I think a lot of us got overzealous thinking we could completely turn this defense around in one offseason. It's never that easy.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Vernon was the number 1 ranked DE in the nfl last year by PFF... that was our chance to actually maybe be a playoff team by adding him and jackson... now we once again have absolute crap at pass rushing DE position.. good game jags.. 6 or 7 wins sounds about righy next year. Cue up all the hate i will now receive for calling it like it is

If we signed him to that contract, you would be the first person to say we paid too much. FOH!
Shock the world

Quote:I'm thinking Doug Peterson may have said something considering this is a violation from last year....

It's possible. But considering how much Andy Reid has meant to Doug Pederson's careers,  as much as I wish no tampering existed,  it would be disappointing if Pederson did say something. 

Quote:Most cap next year also lol

Who you think ends up with a fatter contract...Osweiler, or Bortles?

Quote:Vernon was the number 1 ranked DE in the nfl last year by PFF... that was our chance to actually maybe be a playoff team by adding him and jackson... now we once again have absolute crap at pass rushing DE position.. good game jags.. 6 or 7 wins sounds about righy next year. Cue up all the hate i will now receive for calling it like it is

Thank god you're back. I really missed your crap. Didnt take long into FA this year for ya.. So how's suicide watch going?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 06:54 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Mike Neal is a real interesting name. He has expressed going back to 43 end like he was in college.
That has been my guy for a while lol. Can get a cheap deal and has put up 4 sacks every year in a reserve role behind, Matthews, Peppers and Perry. Thats like 4 sacks from Smith in our system lol. That would be great production from him. Neal could come in a be a solid starter in the system. 28 years old and former second round pick. 

KJD,lol! Number one DE? Hahaha! Open your eyes and your brain and close PFF immediately.

Resigning Wiz was always a fine option. He's good enough if Cann and Linder can stay healthy around him especially. I'll go back to the well one more time for Ryan Kelly at 38 too. Kelly was always my best case scenario for interior oline fix. 

Quote:If we signed him to that contract, you would be the first person to say we paid too much. FOH!

Yup, I'm positive he already had a rant typed out for if we did sign him and one if we didn't.