Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

theres a thread in the sideline approaching 500 pages

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Last year's free agency thread was over 250 pages I believe.
the official draft day thread was huge as well

My Take

Sure there are still plenty of glaring holes on this team but plenty of time left.

+I and NFL Network/ESPN believed Malik Jackson was the best player on the board and we got him.

+Gibson coming off a down year is still a massive upgrade for this team at FS. 

+Chris Ivory is a power back that this team desperately needed

+The Jags DID not pay Vernon that kind of money

+There is still plenty of time left

-I really wanted Mario Williams.  I don't know if he had no interest or Caldwell was weary of him coming off a bad year.  Caldwell said he looks for red flags like players taking plays off and such.  IDK why we didn't offer 10 million/yr or maybe we did but he really didn't want to come here.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Who on our roster is better at cb?

House and Colvin... By far..
Shock the world

Quote:theres a thread in the sideline approaching 500 pages

Yeah.. I forget about the sideline. Oh well, nothing to see here then
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:He dont have the ideal size but Hargreaves is just as physical as any corner in the draft
We like long armed, tall, physical corners. VH3 fits one of those three characteristics, and we're talking about the 5th overall pick. 

I like VH3 and wouldn't be upset to see him be the pick, but its far less likely we take him than pretty much any of the options that have been linked to us I believe.

Quote:Yeah.. I forget about the sideline. Oh well, nothing to see here then
This is the biggest thread for the new

NFL Draft, Trade Ideas, & Free Agency Talk section

Really happy with Jackson and Gipson signings. Ivory could also prove to be a very valuable pick-up. They still need another interior lineman, pass rusher, OTTO and cornerback. The first round pick will be easy unless both Bosa and Jack are both on the board. Due to the need for another pass rusher, Bosa will probably be number 1 on their board. They should be able to get a solid corner in the 2nd round like William Jackson and a guard like Tretola later on.

Quote:We like long armed, tall, physical corners. VH3 fits one of those three characteristics, and we're talking about the 5th overall pick. 

I like VH3 and wouldn't be upset to see him be the pick, but its far less likely we take him than pretty much any of the options that have been linked to us I believe.
Gus has already stated his characteristics and ideal size he likes in his corners but said as long as they can do what they want it doesnt really matter

Quote:Gus has already stated his characteristics and ideal size he likes in his corners but said as long as they can do what they want it doesnt really matter
We're picking at #5, those are the guys you feel very comfortable with and people that fit what you want.

You can keep trying to spin it in a way to make VH3 look just as likely as Ramsey, Bosa, Jack, etc. but he is definitely after those first 3 in order of likelyhood of being drafted. Pretty damn confident in that. He may be physical, but just because a corner is physical doesn't mean he's an automatic fit and jumps to the top of the board. They have the combine, measurements, etc. for a reason. 

Ramsey is tall, elite athleticism, physical, versatile in being able to play pretty much anywhere in the secondary...and yet, VH3 is the better fit?

Yeah, ok...

<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless'>[Image: dvLejCYR_bigger.jpeg]Skip Bayless  ‏@<b>RealSkipBayless</b> </a></div>
</div>

<p class="">Elway right not to go to $18 mil for Osweiler. Texans overpaid for a QB who will never quite be That Guy. Osweiler feared following Peyton.

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

<p class="">Exactly how i feel about that signing.

We've got to bring in some bodies to compete at Corner. Period.

Nobody in that secondary should be locked in as the starter after last year.

Wait a few days and get deals on Mo Claiborne, Cromartie, Powers, whoever. I just want to see some pressure on them to improve. After last year they don't need to be given anything except competition for their spot.

Jerrad's, definitely top 5 troll on the board.

Quote:We're picking at #5, those are the guys you feel very comfortable with and people that fit what you want.

You can keep trying to spin it in a way to make VH3 look just as likely as Ramsey, Bosa, Jack, etc. but he is definitely after those first 3 in order of likelyhood of being drafted. Pretty damn confident in that. He may be physical, but just because a corner is physical doesn't mean he's an automatic fit and jumps to the top of the board. They have the combine, measurements, etc. for a reason. 
Thats your opinion, VH3 is a better corner than Hargreaves.   He killed the combine and is on their level as a prospect.  You're confident but most of your picks every year has failed.  I still want Jack but hope we get some pass rush in FA.  

Quote:Ramsey is tall, elite athleticism, physical, versatile in being able to play pretty much anywhere in the secondary...and yet, VH3 is the better fit?

Yeah, ok...
At corner, yeah I would rather VH3.

Quote:Prince is not good.

While he may not have reached any higher than his popularity during the 1999 and Purple Rain days, I enjoy most of his catalog.

Sign o' the Times is underrated, IMO... and I have a soft spot for Diamonds and Pearls.

One of the very best I've ever seen live, too.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Jerrad's, definitely top 5 troll on the board.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Jerrad's, definitely top 5 troll on the board.

The avi gives it away.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Thats your opinion, VH3 is a better corner than Hargreaves.   He killed the combine and is on their level as a prospect.  You're confident but most of your picks every year has failed.  I still want Jack but hope we get some pass rush in FA.  
I'm sorry man, but you are a Gators fan. You obviously have a man crush on your boy from Florida so there's no talking for real with you. I am not from Florida nor cheer for any team in Florida, it's plain as day that VH3 isn't a prototypical fit and exactly what Gus wants from the CB spot.