Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

So what is day 2 of free agency usually like? Obviously not like day 1, but is there going to be action basically all day? I love this stuff
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yup, I agree. Not huge on Kelly in Rd 2 but he is very solid. Definitely far from a sure bet of a LEO in the top 2 rounds. If we don't get Ayers, thing get interesting, but LEO is an odd position. Some guys fall that normally would be too small in a normal defensive setup that would be there in rd 3, 4, etc.
Kelly would upgrade our running game a ton. Go from poor run blocking Wiz to the guy that opened the holes for Henry. Was hoping we addressed the interior oline in FA but it is what it is

Quote:Not really, I could see a

1st Myles Jack

2nd Ryan Kelly

If Bosa is gone in the first and guys like Spence, Dodd, and Ogbah are not there in the 2nd you dont reach. Take the best player in Jack and the best center in Kelly
The Ryan Kelly hype is really starting to pick up speed. Chances are he probably wont be there at our pick in the 2nd. A lot of people think he's the best interior OL guy in this whole draft.

It all hinges on if we get Ayers, or not. If we don't, our hands will be completely forced imo.

I think something like this would be a great first 3 rounds and a very possible out come.

1st - Jack

2nd - Spence

3rd - Joshua Perry for the OTTO position. He's a big LB out of Ohio State. If not him, Jordan Jenkins is another interesting OTTO prospect, who could possibly be an option in round 4.

Quote:The Ryan Kelly hype is really starting to pick up speed. Chances are he probably wont be there at our pick in the 2nd. A lot of people think he's the best interior OL guy in this whole draft.

It all hinges on if we get Ayers, or not. If we don't, our hands will be completely forced imo.

I think something like this would be a great first 3 rounds and a very possible out come.

1st - Jack

2nd - Spence

3rd - Joshua Perry for the OTTO position. He's a big LB out of Ohio State. If not him, Jordan Jenkins is another interesting OTTO prospect, who could possibly be an option in round 4.
where is the oline help?

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016, 12:23 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:So what is day 2 of free agency usually like? Obviously not like day 1, but is there going to be action basically all day? I love this stuff
it will slow down but should still be a good bit of player movement. First FA experience?

Quote:Kelly would upgrade our running game a ton. Go from poor run blocking Wiz to the guy that opened the holes for Henry. Was hoping we addressed the interior oline in FA but it is what it is
He would, but I feel like there will be some very solid interior OL well into rd 3 and 4. Dave has showed he has good eyes at finding those interior OL in draft thus far with two massive hits in Linder and Cann, both of which were rd 3 or later.

Quote:The Ryan Kelly hype is really starting to pick up speed. Chances are he probably wont be there at our pick in the 2nd. A lot of people think he's the best interior OL guy in this whole draft.

1st - Jack

2nd - Spence

I'm on the Jordan Jenkins train. Don't see him falling to rd 4 though.

Quote:While he may not have reached any higher than his popularity during the 1999 and Purple Rain days, I enjoy most of his catalog.

Sign o' the Times is underrated, IMO... and I have a soft spot for Diamonds and Pearls.

One of the very best I've ever seen live, too.
A1 post

Quote:it will slow down but should still be a good bit of player movement. First FA experience?

Haha nah just don't really remember what a day 2 of free agency usually consists of.
Shock the world

Quote:where is the oline help?
Can't fill every option in the draft. You can argue about, where's the CB also? Well, we simply aren't going to fill our needs. The hope was Vernon and/or Irvin would help give us some leeway, we'll that didn't happen.

Pass Rush x2

CB

Center

LB

all need huge upgrades, just to start the fun. You simply aren't going to find multiples of those positions, in the first 3 rounds. Something has to be put on the back burner and that's where we all have literally no clue until draft night and until we see how the board falls.

You yourself said you can't reach. We all know Center is a big need, but what if there's none there, that are worth it in 2nd or 3rd round?

I honestly don't believe we are in bad shape in regards to the OLine. We could roll out a really solid starting 5 tomorrow. I bet we sign a FA and draft someone.
Shock the world

Quote:Can't fill every option in the draft. You can argue about, where's the CB also? Well, we simply aren't going to fill our needs. The hope was Vernon and/or Irvin would help give us some leeway, we'll that didn't happen.

Pass Rush x2

CB

Center

LB

all need huge upgrades, just to start the fun. You simply aren't going to find multiples of those positions, in the first 3 rounds. Something has to be put on the back burner and that's where we all have literally no clue until draft night and until we see how the board falls.

You yourself said you can't reach. We all know Center is a big need, but what if there's none there, that are worth it in 2nd or 3rd round?
interior oline is much more important than OTTO where we do have Skuta. We will draft an interior lineman in the 3rd at the latest imo

I wouldn't hate seeing Denver Kirkland picked in the middle rounds as a guard.

Quote:interior oline is much more important than OTTO where we do have Skuta. We will draft an interior lineman in the 3rd at the latest imo
Agreed, but it all comes down to how the board falls. I'd rather have the 1st, or 2nd best OTTO prospect, over the 4th, or 5th best Center prospect.

CB has to be address also. Do we plan on having Marshall, McCray or Gratz be the starting RCB? Doubtful. So where's that other starting CB coming from? Figure you got to get one in the first 3 rounds if you want to start him from day one.

Complaining about our offseason would be foolish. We got the best player rated in Free Agency in Malik Jackson, got a good RB, though I agree we over paid, and we got a very good safety in Gipson. 

Vernon, while good, was never a guy I highly rated in free agency. I think he has been significantly over paid and the Giants have put themselves in a very tight situation to succeed immediately. They have not only overspent on Vernon, but essentially put all their chips on this season and spent all the money they could possibly spend. 

Very risky on their part. I think the Jags have had a very solid Free Agency, and its not over. The money the Giants spent this offseason is borderline insanity. I think they are very foolish for putting all their chips in on Free Agency. 

Quote:Agreed, but it all comes down to how the board falls. I'd rather have the 1st, or 2nd best OTTO prospect, over the 4th, or 5th best Center prospect.

CB has to be address also. Do we plan on having Marshall, McCray or Gratz be the starting RCB? Doubtful. So where's that other starting CB coming from? Figure you got to get one in the first 3 rounds if you want to start him from day one.

Colvin would likely start there and move to nickel in certain situations.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Agreed, but it all comes down to how the board falls. I'd rather have the 1st, or 2nd best OTTO prospect, over the 4th, or 5th best Center prospect.

Colvin is still an option. And free agency isn't over just yet.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Dude, the first day of free agency just ended. There's a lot of decent 3rd type corners left on the board with a couple guys that are even better than that. Even some OTTO potential guys on the market yet. Plenty of talent left out there, we aren't done gaining depth.

How much did Atlanta give Mack?

Thought for sure he'd end up in Jax when he voided his contract. Center is such a big need and they wanted him bad a few years ago. Has his play dropped off that much?

Quote:How much did Atlanta give Mack?

Thought for sure he'd end up in Jax when he voided his contract. Center is such a big need and they wanted him bad a few years ago. Has his play dropped off that much?
Yep.